The chargers stole Bosa from us

conner01

Reaction score
As soon as Bosa made a play or two I am sure many of us were just waiting for some Cowboys fan to come on here make a thread and rueing and whining about not getting him.

Good grief.
Remember when Merriman was the better pick than ware myself. Quick assessments of stardom tend to be wrong much of the time
But even if both are great players, one of them wasn't on the board when we picked so the option was kinda gone

Reaction score
So two players taken in the top 5 of the draft are both good. What a surprise.

Bosa looks like he's going to be a monster, but so is Zeke. I mean, you're talking about a guy who might lead the league in rushing and rushing TDs as a rookie.

Need to put away the anointing oil after two games. Bosa had a 2 sack game, and then had what 1 tackle only last night?

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
That 60 yd TD vs Bengals was important. I dont think any of our other backs would have done that. Its good we have Zeke right now.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
As soon as Bosa made a play or two I am sure many of us were just waiting for some Cowboys fan to come on here make a thread and rueing and whining about not getting him.

Good grief.

I heard his first two sacks in his first game where coverage sacks, yet everyone was screaming about "OMG we didn't draft him!!!!"

I didn't watch last night either because something more important was on. The Dallas Stars season opener. Easily trumps that game.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I looked at this fella's previous posts and he believed...

1. That Nick Foles should have been brought in because he would get us a SB faster than Romo

2. He had completely given up on Claiborne as a player

3. And this is the best one - after watching highlights of Zeke, he came away thinking he was a 6th round talent.

Troll? Don't know. But definitely clueless. LOL.

Don't lie. Every single person on this entire board pretty much gave up on Claiborne being a "great" CB and all where completely surprised by his play thus far this year. If you or anyone else denies it, they are a lying sack of you know what.

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
Doesn't really matter is zeke is better than bosa
I think both are gonna be fine players and it's really hard to compare guys playing different positions
But only one of them were there when we pick so any comparison without figuring in the other pick it would have taken is useless
I liked bosa and think he will be a very good player but trading up in the first round is a very expensive adventure

I think you could argue that EE has/will have more impact for us in both the short term and long term, barring injury of course.

The real question is... if bosa was our pick at 4 and our backfield consisted of Morris + 1(not sure who it would of been cause DMC and LD were both injured) would we still be 4-1 at this point.

My answer is no. I believe we would have a losing record.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I don't understand how ANYONE could have watched Zeke the last few weeks an worry about anybody we did not get. The guy is a special talent and a difference maker.

And then if Jaylon Smith comes in healthy by the end of this season we should all be thanking our lucky stars for the way this draft turned out!

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Zeke wasnt my first pick, but there was no way we were getting Bosa, (nor did i want Ramsey) either way, if Bosa lands here, its a Ware career. Do good here, if you want to win you have to leave. Either way, the op is clearly a knee jerker and than someone really lost credibility when they said better than Watt, thats just plain ol ignorant. I hope they were joking.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I'm not sure whether the OP is just trolling or is really that stupid. Based on all of his posts in this thread, it could go either way.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
So two players taken in the top 5 of the draft are both good. What a surprise.

Some think to acknowledge the good in other players is to somehow diminish the value of their own. They both strike me as good picks AT THIS POINT.

Carson

Reaction score
I guess some people aren't happy unless we drafted Zeke, Ramsey and Bosa!

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I was watching him last night and was impressed. But I can say I didnt want them to take him. And I'm not sure I would give him up for Zeke at this point. Now if he is a 15 sack a year guy, then yah I would.
Real question: is 15 sacks more valuable than 15 td's?

I'm not sure. However, when you add in all the other yards gained and ball control I think we did get the best player for our team and possibly the best in the draft.

conner01

Reaction score
I think you could argue that EE has/will have more impact for us in both the short term and long term, barring injury of course.

The real question is... if bosa was our pick at 4 and our backfield consisted of Morris + 1(not sure who it would of been cause DMC and LD were both injured) would we still be 4-1 at this point.

My answer is no. I believe we would have a losing record.
I assume we would have picked another RB at some point
But my point was bosa may be a great player but he wasn't there when we picked so it would have required a trade up. To me you can only compare the options you actually had and you can't compare them after five games or even one season
I still remember people saying how merriman was so much better than ware. That turned out to be far from correct

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Don't lie. Every single person on this entire board pretty much gave up on Claiborne being a "great" CB and all where completely surprised by his play thus far this year. If you or anyone else denies it, they are a lying sack of you know what.

Not quite right. I had never given up on Claiborne. I always said that he was hurt and, as most corners, would have to learn the professional game. I figured when Mo got healthy, he'd be much better.

Now back to the topic. I wasn't a Joey Bosa fan in the least. However, he is doing well. and it's not just the fact that he's benefiting from coverage sacks. His pass rush moves are polished. I think he's going to be very good based on the small sample I've seen.

But ruing not taking Bosa is silly. We weren't in a position to select him. First, the Cowboys didn't know the Chargers would take him. In fact, most of the commentators were surprised when San Diego selected him. Second, there was no opportunity to trade up to get him for this very reason. Plus, the top two spots were already taken, and no way the Eagles or the Rams were going to give up their spots because they both were eyeing quarterbacks.
Third, Ezekiel Elliott is just what the doctor ordered for the Cowboys. He is helping our offense and our defense. Fourth, what would you rather have Bosa or Zeke, Jaylon Smith (assuming his full recovery), Malik Collins and Dak Prescott? Let's assume we wanted to swap with any team above us to get Bosa, it would have cost a king's ransom and may have cost us top picks in this draft. I think the four picks we made (and adding Anthony Brown, the Purdue corner) could be major contributors to a potential Super Bowl team down the road.