The chargers stole Bosa from us

haleyrules

Reaction score
In the end Elliott will be the better choice. Any college kid that threatens to hold out over money will be a long term problem that no club needs. The Cowboys were very lucky to avoid Bosa and get Zeke.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
He was injured for four straight years? That make Sean Lee look like an iron man.

adamknite

Reaction score
And just think...what if part of that trade would have been our 4th round pick?

We took Dak with our comp pick, you couldn't trade comp picks last year.

Unless of course you are talking about Tapper and are just really that high on him, lol.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
We took Dak with our comp pick, you couldn't trade comp picks last year.

Unless of course you are talking about Tapper and are just really that high on him, lol.
Aw, good point. Fair enough.

Virginia-Dave

Reaction score
I wouldn't say they stole him. San Diego had the pick ahead of us, and they used it to take Bosa. If you wanted to say the broncos "stole" Paxton Lynch from us, I would agree. Of course, I think all of us are pretty ok with how that worked out :)

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Real question: is 15 sacks more valuable than 15 td's?

I'm not sure. However, when you add in all the other yards gained and ball control I think we did get the best player for our team and possibly the best in the draft.

Here is my take.

You can get 15 TD's out of Morris or similar good back. And find GREAT backs in rounds 3-5. Granted, I think Zeke is special. That being said I would take a 15 sack guy and Morris over Zeke Elliott all day every day and twice on Sunday.

You team a 15 sack monster with Lawrence and the DT's we have and I think you now have the makings of a very very good DL. Secondary is rounding out quite nicely. You add Smith to Lee at LB and now you are talking a top 10 defense easy.

THAT is going to get you more wins and further in the playoffs in my opinion. And you are setting yourself up for a longer run. DE could potentially give you 10 great years where a back might be more of 5-6. Unless you are talking Emmitt Smith type longevity and success. And then that becomes another topic.

Reaction score
Real question: is 15 sacks more valuable than 15 td's?

I'm not sure. However, when you add in all the other yards gained and ball control I think we did get the best player for our team and possibly the best in the draft.

The argument you're going to hear from people is that the production we could've gotten out of a RB drafted later or Morris/Mcfadden would've been enough, that an elite d-lineman would've been worth more to the team.

Honestly, taken as equals, I'd rather have an elite d-lineman than an elite RB, but at the same time, Zeke has shown himself to be an extremely special player. He could very well become the best RB in the entire league, and a huge difference maker.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Hard moving forward when you are always looking behind. Dallas made their choice and it is working out great for the Cowboys to me that is what matters not any other team and who they drafted.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Jay Glazer said Dallas ruled out Bosa the day before the draft. Zeke and Ramsey went down to the wire.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bosa was the pick I wanted on draft day. I'm not exactly shocked by his quick start, because he did show all of this in college, but it's pretty impressive how much he's done, how fast, after a long layoff.

Hat tip to Fuzzy, too, who was pretty concrete about Bosa's potential as a pro back when it was not popular to feel that way. It looks like he might have been right again.

brymatt94

Reaction score
Bosa looks already looks like the best defensive player in the league...so pissed we coudnt come up with a trade at least to try and get him.
Just look at bosa's tape so far, I have never seen a player get to the qb as easily as him...he makes
watt look like a baby.
He's basically a nightmare for opposing offensive linemen if you watched his highlights...the dude looks like a train wreck.

Lol!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

28cc1131acd35d125ba74dbe68c0f7c6.jpg

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Some think to acknowledge the good in other players is to somehow diminish the value of their own. They both strike me as good picks AT THIS POINT.

Yep, basically their take is "Zeke is awesome, those other guys suck."

Apparently, it's not possible in their universe of thought that each of these players are good.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yep, basically their take is "Zeke is awesome, those other guys suck."

Apparently, it's not possible in their universe of thought that each of these players are good.

I think Bosa is a quality player but what is the point looking backwards? The draft is over there are no do overs. Frankly Dallas got a stud of their own in this draft and instead of being concerned about who SD got I would think Cowboy fans would be focused on what the Cowboys got. 32 teams drafted, everyone got players some will be bust some will be studs and right now ours is looking like a stud.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can get 15 TD's out of Morris or similar good back. And find GREAT backs in rounds 3-5. Granted, I think Zeke is special. That being said I would take a 15 sack guy and Morris over Zeke Elliott all day every day and twice on Sunday.

You team a 15 sack monster with Lawrence and the DT's we have and I think you now have the makings of a very very good DL. Secondary is rounding out quite nicely. You add Smith to Lee at LB and now you are talking a top 10 defense easy.

THAT is going to get you more wins and further in the playoffs in my opinion. And you are setting yourself up for a longer run. DE could potentially give you 10 great years where a back might be more of 5-6. Unless you are talking Emmitt Smith type longevity and success. And then that becomes another topic.
Giving the state of our pass rushing DE's recently only supports this post.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I wouldn't say they stole him. San Diego had the pick ahead of us, and they used it to take Bosa. If you wanted to say the broncos "stole" Paxton Lynch from us, I would agree. Of course, I think all of us are pretty ok with how that worked out :)
I don't even think he was their first choice....I think they wanted Tunsil and were blindsided by the gas mask tape

Things would have been interesting if Bosa was still there at 4 but with DLaw and RGregory, Elliott was the choice all day(rememeber on Draft Day RGregory was still the starting RDE)

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I think Bosa is a quality player but what is the point looking backwards? The draft is over there are no do overs. Frankly Dallas got a stud of their own in this draft and instead of being concerned about who SD got I would think Cowboy fans would be focused on what the Cowboys got. 32 teams drafted, everyone got players some will be bust some will be studs and right now ours is looking like a stud.

Good question. Zeke (or any RB) wouldn't have been my pick at #4, but the ship has sailed and as a fan I have no other choice than hope for the best and Zeke has been great thus far. My issue is with folks ignorantly crapping on guys like Ramsey and Bosa because I'm guessing it's their way of justifying the pick in their minds.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score

Nobody had any "pro" tape on him and how the team intends to use him. The more he plays, the more tape on him and his/team tendencies in his use

I'm not saying he is going to shutdown, he will just become more quite as they pickup what he and the Chargers are doing.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
He's basically a nightmare for opposing offensive linemen if you watched his highlights...the dude looks like a train wreck.

I have determined you're a troll with an agenda by looking at your join date and posts. You just lack the skill at it that I have. ;)