The Chicken Little postseason preview

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1867937 said:
you're saying that those saying today being a meaningless game means they're high in the pie or sky, whatever

as I expected, you have no point and are just trying to rub people the wrong way

Certain people were determined to put a big pretty bow on this game regardless of the outcome. If we lost, they'd say it was meaningless. If we won, they'd say it was a great momentum builder heading into the playoffs. Either way, we can't lose. The pro-Dallas talking points were drafted well before kickoff. No sale in the reality-based community.

A game needn't have playoff implications to be "meaningful." Just ask the Giants, who lost three starters last night.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
bbgun;1867982 said:
Certain people were determined to put a big pretty bow on this game regardless of the outcome. If we lost, they'd say it was meaningless. If we won, they'd say it was a great momentum builder heading into the playoffs. Either way, we can't lose. The pro-Dallas talking points were drafted well before kickoff. No sale in the reality-based community.

A game needn't have playoff implications to be "meaningful." Just ask the Giants, who lost three starters last night.

the 16th game of the season, for a team w/ HFA already locked up, is commonly referred to as a meaningless game, and most teams usually pull their starters early in that situation

ChrisCanty99

Reaction score
Yeah, the Giants lost three starters- and we were basically injury free, since Davis says he'll be fine.

One bright side that no one mentions is that the 2nd string line + Kosier actually played pretty decent. They had a FG drive too, against the Skins #1 D.

I'm not saying Bigg can take the next couple weeks off, but it's nice to know that if McQuistan has to play a few series, it's not the end of the world.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1867991 said:
the 16th game of the season, for a team w/ HFA already locked up, is commonly referred to as a meaningless game, and most teams usually pull their starters early in that situation

If we had won, and someone posted a "Calm down. This victory was meaningless" thread, how do you think it would have been received? Quite rudely, I would imagine. Again, it was only "meaningless" 'cause we lost.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
bbgun;1867982 said:

I'd call that dumb decisions with the playoffs looming.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
bbgun;1868032 said:
If we had won, and someone posted a "Calm down. This victory was meaningless" thread, how do you think it would have been received? Quite rudely, I would imagine. Again, it was only "meaningless" 'cause we lost.

it's a meaningless game, win or lose

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;1868038 said:
I'd call that dumb decisions with the playoffs looming.

As would I. Every game has meaning beyond mere pointspreads. Why else would our starting D play through the third quarter?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
bbgun;1868069 said:
As would I. Every game has meaning beyond mere pointspreads. Why else would our starting D play through the third quarter?
Don't know amigo. I was stuck with the stinking Cardinals versus the Rams. I decided to take a nap. I would even if we had won big today. I didn't care and it looks to me like the team didn't either. It was their playoff lives at stake. I didn't expect us to win, so I'm really non-plused by the loss.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chicken1.jpg