The clock is ticking on Prescott

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If Cowboys don’t have a deal signed within 16 days, the beginning of regular season, by most estimations this will be his last season in Dallas.

I know many fans feel he’ll be playing this season for a new contract but most accounts are if he needs to prove more to the Cowboys Mgmt he’d rather move on.

And most critics and analysts would argue he will be highly sought after despite some fans and detractors who cast him off as damaged goods , a less than franchise QB. Just too much demand for QB’s in the NFL.

I’m not advocating for resigning him but simply pointing out what the altercations and impacts could be . We shall know soon what the direction is for the Cowboys moving forward . And that decision could very well derail hopes this season will be more than a dumpster fire and potential disaster with a lame duck HC and QB which presents so much uncertainty. We’ll need an extra bag of popcorn:)

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
If Cowboys don’t have a deal signed within 16 days, the beginning of regular season, by most estimations this will be his last season in Dallas.

I know many fans feel he’ll be playing this season for a new contract but most accounts are if he needs to prove more to the Cowboys Mgmt he’d rather move on.

And most critics and analysts would argue he will be highly sought after despite some fans and detractors who cast him off as damaged goods , a less than franchise QB. Just too much demand for QB’s in the NFL.

I’m not advocating for resigning him but simply pointing out what the altercations and impacts could be . We shall know soon what the direction is for the Cowboys moving forward . And that decision could very well derail hopes this season will be more than a dumpster fire and potential disaster with a lame duck HC and QB which presents so much uncertainty. We’ll need an extra bag of popcorn:)
You’ve spent the past 6 months making threads and posts telling everyone that Dak will be signed any day now.

Now you’re trying to change your narrative cause reality is starting to hit you.

Weak sauce.

Jipper

Reaction score
The only way he gets a new deal is if on December 1st he has 10 wins and is playing at an mvp level

Havic

Reaction score
If the intent is to not resign him then freaking trade him for picks. You can get him to waive his no trade clause if some team out there is willing to make him the highest paid qb in the league

Sydla

Reaction score
The whole Dak and Lamb situations are just funny to me.

It's almost like Dallas doesn't want to sign them but give the impression they do want to sign them.

I suspect Lamb happens soon. Dak? I have no idea at this point. There has been a lot of Lance hype coming from Jerry and media friendlies. Is the front office laying the ground work for this being Dak's swan song?

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
If the intent is to not resign him then freaking trade him for picks. You can get him to waive his no trade clause if some team out there is willing to make him the highest paid qb in the league
Most likely too late for that. Hes so close to being a free agent I doubt he would accept a trade at all.

AstroPilota

Reaction score
Prescott is a very good QB, good enough to help win a Super Bowl with the right team, just like other QB's out there have done. He should have just been signed to a longer-term contract with lower cap hits several years ago. IMO, all parties involved screwed the pooch, the only real big winner here was the agent, France. Yes, Prescott won big if you just look at the money aspect, but regardless of money his image has really been hammered upon, and despite what some want to believe, these guys do have a lot of pride (and ego).

At this point in time, his cap hits are just too much to retain a good team around him. We will still feel the pain a year or so after he is gone, regardless of any new (or not) contract deal. I don't see a viable replacement for him this year, or next. A real conundrum the Dallas Cowboys are in, for sure.

shabazz

Reaction score
I really don't see the need for urgency. Even if Dak has a bad year his salary is set for 2025 as it just takes ONE team to pay it.

So what's different about now and January?

Him playing out the season is shrewd as he can only INCREASE his value if he has a great season. .....and if he gets hurt, he still gets a contract. ( a la Kirk Cousins)

The combination of Jerrg not having a REAL PROVEN alternative at the QB position AND being completely owned by Daks contract has him with only 2 alternatives

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

DAK: Diehardblues my dearest Dakdavidian not even the cancer ward visits and the Walter Mitty award convinced Jerry to get that extension in the books................
EkFSZ08WsAAhgnG.jpg

I must leave the city of Dallas now and the gig is up...........wa wa wa wa (Dak crying in the background)....wa wa wa....

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Guys are trying to derail your thread but I agree. If a deal isn’t done in the next few weeks it becomes pointless to even do one. They’ve screwed this over 4 years ago and still feeling the ramifications of it. Now they are more than likely going to lose an all pro for a comp pick. Embarrassing.