The clock is ticking on Prescott

Aven8

Reaction score
Once Lamb gets signed I expect Dak’s deal to get done shortly after. Jerry gets enamored by the moment and if they come out of September 3-1 and Dak’s playing well he will get it done.

And as Stephen says, “These things have a way of coming together at the very last second”……

These aren’t my wishes, but you have to think like Jerry thinks. He’s the ultimate decision maker and he uses his heart too much in these situations instead of his gut.

Sydla

Reaction score
I really don't see the need for urgency. Even if Dak has a bad year his salary is set for 2025 as it just takes ONE team to pay it.

So what's different about now and January?

Him playing out the season is shrewd as he can only INCREASE his value if he has a great season. .....and if he gets hurt, he still gets a contract. ( a la Kirk Cousins)

The combination of Jerrg not having a REAL PROVEN alternative at the QB position AND being completely owned by Daks contract has him with only 2 alternatives
At this point it doesn't matter.

The time to sign him was back in March to lower his cap hit and allow the team to use that cap savings to get better around Dak. They chose not to do that and instead appear content on letting him play out his deal on that massive cap hit.

The logic is lost on me because it's clear Dak is the type of QB that need a lot of talent around him. They should have been adding pieces in the offseason, not subtracting them. But to do that, they should have freed up cap space by signing Dak. Trying to figure out the Jones' logic is folly.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Genuine question….how many pictures of Dak do you have saved? It’s an alarming amount.
Zero their pretty easy to find as many Cowboy fans show their dissatisfaction with him through these fabulous photos and Memes.
For example, here's one with our fans wiping the floor with Dak's jersey...........
cowboys-mop-Dak-Prescott-770x542.png

:muttley: One wonders why they would do these things to good will Dak???

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You’ve spent the past 6 months making threads and posts telling everyone that Dak will be signed any day now.

Now you’re trying to change your narrative cause reality is starting to hit you.

Weak sauce.
No, I’ve maintained since the beginning that the beginning of the season was the line in the sand .

I did say I expected them to resign him. And if they didn’t before beginning of season , he was likely gone .

Forneymike

Reaction score
If the intent is to not resign him then freaking trade him for picks. You can get him to waive his no trade clause if some team out there is willing to make him the highest paid qb in the league
He has no incentive to waive his trade clause.....he can still be the highest paid QB and a team won't have to give up draft picks....

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Zero their pretty easy to find as many Cowboy fans show their dissatisfaction with him through these fabulous photos and Memes.
For example, here's one with our fans wiping the floor with Dak's jersey...........

@TheMarathonContinues , you ought to check out his "X" page account. Nothing but anti-Dak pictures and comments.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Even with a fluke of a deep run, he will dig in his heels further and take his chances on the open market in the off season. If he isn't signed by Week 1, he is officially done in big D
Yep. It would be ironic if we did make a deeper run and he left anyway. And we’d deserve it.

Jarntt

Reaction score
One of these days me opening a Dak thread is going to pay off with some new insight or information and make me glad I clicked on it. Not today...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

You sure you don’t have any saved?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, I’ve maintained since the beginning that the beginning of the season was the line in the sand .

I did say I expected them to resign him. And if they didn’t before beginning of season , he was likely gone .
At least the other Dakdavidians put it out there and support inepto Prescott and ya I can respect that even though they are wrong.
You on the other hand are a member of the church of Dak but try and play Switzerland (Neutral) in these forums when it pertains to Dak.
It's okay bud come out as even Dak Davidians have an equal say here.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Guys are trying to derail your thread but I agree. If a deal isn’t done in the next few weeks it becomes pointless to even do one. They’ve screwed this over 4 years ago and still feeling the ramifications of it. Now they are more than likely going to lose an all pro for a comp pick. Embarrassing.
Right. I don’t have a problem if we decide to move on from Dak. Let’s just make the decision and begin planning for it.

Sydla

Reaction score
And if you are doing the math, Dak is a $40MM dead money hit next year if he's not on the roster due to the void years added. So, if he walks, Lance is signed as the starter, you are essentially looking at a cap hit of say around $50MM total for a starting QB next year.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
At least the other Dakdavidians put it out there and support inepto Prescott and ya I can respect that even though they are wrong.
You on the other hand are a member of the church of Dak but try and play Switzerland (Neutral) in these forums when it pertains to Dak.
It's okay bud come out as even Dak Davidians have an equal say here.
I realize you’re trying to derail my thread as Trolls usually do.

But I’ve maintained and argued on behalf of most Cowboy fans who are more in the middle.

And Ive been bashed by the Homers and the Haters.