The clock is ticking on Prescott

Brax

Reaction score
If Cowboys don’t have a deal signed within 16 days, the beginning of regular season, by most estimations this will be his last season in Dallas.

I know many fans feel he’ll be playing this season for a new contract but most accounts are if he needs to prove more to the Cowboys Mgmt he’d rather move on.

And most critics and analysts would argue he will be highly sought after despite some fans and detractors who cast him off as damaged goods , a less than franchise QB. Just too much demand for QB’s in the NFL.

I’m not advocating for resigning him but simply pointing out what the altercations and impacts could be . We shall know soon what the direction is for the Cowboys moving forward . And that decision could very well derail hopes this season will be more than a dumpster fire and potential disaster with a lame duck HC and QB which presents so much uncertainty. We’ll need an extra bag of popcorn:)
I like the idea of proving it by results, and those results must be a SB appearance. You don’t give a 3rd contact to the QB unless he produces when it counts unless your goal isn’t winning the championship, MM hasn’t produced and that’s why GB fired him with rumors of incompetence and laziness. Jerry will not let it play out because to him it’s more important to be relevant in my opinion. All the excuses for the failures the last 3 seasons can be laid at the feet of 2 people and both should have to prove themselves or be given their walking papers. It’s a contract year for both and that’s the way it should be, elite money for poor performances come playoff time should be a red flag and based on recent history both should be gone unless the results are drastically different this season

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jerry boot licking crew

nervous-scared.gif

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
DAK: Diehardblues my dearest Dakdavidian not even the cancer ward visits and the Walter Mitty award convinced Jerry to get that extension in the books................
EkFSZ08WsAAhgnG.jpg

I must leave the city of Dallas now and the gig is up...........wa wa wa wa (Dak crying in the background)....wa wa wa....
Genuine question….how many pictures of Dak do you have saved? It’s an alarming amount.

Brax

Reaction score
Guys are trying to derail your thread but I agree. If a deal isn’t done in the next few weeks it becomes pointless to even do one. They’ve screwed this over 4 years ago and still feeling the ramifications of it. Now they are more than likely going to lose an all pro for a comp pick. Embarrassing.
What ramifications, losses in the playoffs, unless you are saying they shouldn’t of extended Dak then you would be correct

Doomsday77

Reaction score
To the OP's point of what the "impacts" could be by not having a deal done? I believe he is playing for a contract and maybe not necessarily ours. There is no scenario where he "mails it in" especially if he knows he is not playing here. He still needs to pad his resume.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Prescott is a very good QB, good enough to help win a Super Bowl with the right team, just like other QB's out there have done. He should have just been signed to a longer-term contract with lower cap hits several years ago. IMO, all parties involved screwed the pooch, the only real big winner here was the agent, France. Yes, Prescott won big if you just look at the money aspect, but regardless of money his image has really been hammered upon, and despite what some want to believe, these guys do have a lot of pride (and ego).

At this point in time, his cap hits are just too much to retain a good team around him. We will still feel the pain a year or so after he is gone, regardless of any new (or not) contract deal. I don't see a viable replacement for him this year, or next. A real conundrum the Dallas Cowboys are in, for sure.
That may be true, but the problem is that we seem to have a fairly decent team here but as soon as Dak gets to the playoffs he immediately craps the bed. He was awful against GB. The final stat line says he was serviceable but he didn't start putting up those numbers until GB had the game in hand and started to back off. It's his MO at this point. Stat pad against lesser teams and in garbage time, play terribly against the better teams.

MarkP88

Reaction score
If Cowboys don’t have a deal signed within 16 days, the beginning of regular season, by most estimations this will be his last season in Dallas.

I know many fans feel he’ll be playing this season for a new contract but most accounts are if he needs to prove more to the Cowboys Mgmt he’d rather move on.

And most critics and analysts would argue he will be highly sought after despite some fans and detractors who cast him off as damaged goods , a less than franchise QB. Just too much demand for QB’s in the NFL.

I’m not advocating for resigning him but simply pointing out what the altercations and impacts could be . We shall know soon what the direction is for the Cowboys moving forward . And that decision could very well derail hopes this season will be more than a dumpster fire and potential disaster with a lame duck HC and QB which presents so much uncertainty. We’ll need an extra bag of popcorn:)
I'd agree with this if the Cowboys were a normal franchise, but they're not. If the team starts of slow, especially Dak, then yeah. I think the chances he is re-signed dramatically diminish. But if they come out strong and get to 3-0 or 4-1 or whatever, and Dak is putting up numbers, then Jerry will cave. He wants to be convinced. And while I have no doubt that Dak isn't afraid to bet on himself, why would he not re-sign if the Cowboys finally offer him what he wants?

I think a lot rides on the first month or so of the season. Of course, if they genuinely want him back, then they were idiots not to have gotten this done pre-free agency, but that just circles back to this not being a normal franchise.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think he would if someone like the Raiders were willing to pay him $60 million a year on a 4-year deal.

He seems to be all about the money in my opinion.
Yeah but he could get that in free agency. Might as well bet on yourself. Raiders are terrible. I’d wait to see if I can find other suitors. Raiders are about to suck and they should make sure they stink. They should be sellers.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What ramifications, losses in the playoffs, unless you are saying they shouldn’t of extended Dak then you would be correct
Ramifications as if they have to account for 58 million….whether he’s on the team or not. They have no idea how to structure deals or manage a roster. These guys knew guys like Tyron, Armstrong and Biadiz were not going to be back…no trade. Stupidity.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I think he would if someone like the Raiders were willing to pay him $60 million a year on a 4-year deal.

He seems to be all about the money in my opinion.
Maybe but he can probably get more than $60M in free agency next year. If he is really about maximizing his money he is probably seeing if he can get a 2-3 year deal just in time for one last new contract too. I'm guessing along with everyone else, but I really think that $60m is on the low end of what Dak is looking for.

Jipper

Reaction score
He ain’t getting nothing without a deep playoff run.

So, he ain’t getting nothing.
I want to belive what you are saying but j think Jerry is not strong enough to hold out unfortunately if they hit double digits wins by December