The coaches aren't to blame

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
at this point its just the entire team/organization.

I dont care who is to blame. offensive, defense, Running game, coaches. special teams, refs, injuries, salary cap, bad contracts, management, bad drafts, the easter bunny, miley cyrus and the taliban......

go ahead, just make up another excuse...pick one, anything....it will work.

Its another L. so, now we go through the emotional false hope wishing well, and say, ...... if we beat TB, and Romo gets back ,, NFCE is bad....maybe we could.....

even if we do win the NFCE, its one and done. But I dont think we will have to even worry about it.

Next year......

bark

Reaction score
I agree with a lot of the OP.
The players that you have out there have to make plays

Lucky on the misdirection has a hole as big as Texas and inexplicably keeps running to the sidelines instead of taking a big gain .

Dez smoked Sherman on a go route and cassel underthrows him by a mile

Even the gadget play had a chance. Hanna had a step but the blocking breaks down and dmc gets blasted just as he lets it go.

Three plays where the players failed to make a play that was there to be made

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Im optimistic every week and even on Sunday when we are going into a game. I cant remember ONE time in the past 40 years where I wasnt optimistic and confident we would win any game we played. Every season I think a Super Bowl win is a real possibility. In spite of my optimistic fandom, I cant for the life of me understand how the Red Kool Aid drunks are so hell bent on exonerating him for EVERYTHING and consider him blameless in every aspect related to the team and wins and losses.

Its amazing really. It truly is. Its like they're under some spell.

If Red were, I mean would have been coaching any one of the other 31 teams in the league he would have been collecting his unemployment checks for several years now.

To many think he's the next Landry. He's not even close, and some just won't admit the were wrong to even think he was.

Joe_Fan

Continuity Is Overrated
Reaction score
The Cowboys lost this game for one reason and one reason only. Ineffective QB play. Not coaching, not lack of a RB, not defense and not special teams. Cassel just isn't getting it done and Weeden before him.

Who so you think calls the plays? When both Weeden and Cassel are having the exact same gameplan called for them it's coaching.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
If Campo was our coach today he would have lost 6 of the last 5 games. Be careful what you wish for.

I'm not wishing for Dave Campo.

I am merely pointing out five-game losing streaks are a rarity, especially for this franchise. Even the dregs of the NFL find a way to win one out of every four or five games.

Kaiser

Reaction score
We gained a total of 220 yards, our starting RB averaged 3.2 yrds/carry, and our QB averaged 3.9 yards per pass. I'm not sure what light you're seeing.

We have almost no passing game and Seattle is tied for 4th in the NFL in rushing yards allowed per attempt. We weren't playing Commanders today.

popp1234

Reaction score
at this point its just the entire team/organization.

I dont care who is to blame. offensive, defense, Running game, coaches. special teams, refs, injuries, salary cap, bad contracts, management, bad drafts, the easter bunny, miley cyrus and the taliban......

go ahead, just make up another excuse...pick one, anything....it will work.

Its another L. so, now we go through the emotional false hope wishing well, and say, ...... if we beat TB, and Romo gets back ,, NFCE is bad....maybe we could.....
even if we do win the NFCE, its one and done. But I dont think we will have to even worry about it.

Next year......

I respectfully disagree. We are a much better and different team with Romo....or any competent NFL QB that can read a defense and throw the ball accurately for more than 10 yards, for that matter.

Satchel89

Reaction score
And it will go to 6 after next Sunday. The Eagles on Sunday night at home. That's really pathetic for me to say that because I absolutely hate the Eagles but they'll win. And they suck but the Cowboys suck more. What a horrible season

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
If Campo was our coach today he would have lost 6 of the last 5 games. Be careful what you wish for.

Speculation is a weak retort to an undeniable fact.

I say this even though I share your preference for Garrett.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
I respectfully disagree. We are a much better and different team with Romo....or any competent NFL QB tha can read a defense and throw the ball accurately for more than 10 yards, for that matter.

were better. this is true. Romo gives us a shot... but I have that 8-8 feel to this team. Last year I thought there was more purpose. Like the players played with and for each other......I dont get that from these guys. hope i am wrong.