The Commanders game now represents a very real fork in our season

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Billy Bullocks;2398950 said:
Just for the psychological reason alone we need to win this game. I agree. If we lose to Washington, I doubt we will go 5-1.

A win in DC is the jumpstart this team needs.

It's so critical. Right now this team is banking on the injured players coming back and having Roy Williams opposite of T.O to take the double teams that were being put on T.O in the past. Well Romo is back and this is supposed to be a different team now.

If Washington beats us then this team got a huge indication that they still are the same losing team. We need this win for exactly of what you said, our mindset to get to the playoffs!

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
AKATheRake;2398936 said:
Everything is doable Adam, of course there is technically time and an opportunity but that window starts closing against Washington. In regards to a loser mentality, I think this we can lose next week approach is the absolute loser mentality.

I was referring to the hypothetical situation about what happens IF we lose our next game. Of course we should try to win in Washington at all costs, because a win there would give us a huge boost in our playoff chase and a loss would hurt it.

But even IF we do lose that game, there is NO REASON to throw in the towel and say we're not going to make the playoffs. I've never been one to give up and quit before every last possible chance of winning has been exhausted. But some fans on here are ready to do it right now, when we're 5-4. That's a loser mentality.

It's absurd to think that not being a quitter until you have absolutely zero mathematical chances of making the playoffs is the same as saying it's OK to lose a game. Fighting until the bitter end is anything but a loser mentality. Quitting when you still have a chance is the very definition of it.

We lose in Washington and we are 1-4 in our last 5 games with 6 to go and no more scape goat theories. With this coaching staff, please explain to me who will pick these players out of the dumps to turn this thing around if we incur another loss next game?

Like I said in my first post, only a team with a loser mentality would NEED to be picked out of the dumps. A team that has a winner's mentality and is willing to keep fighting doesn't need to be picked out of the dumps.

Lets not forget either, that means the skins sweep us and our NFC record is also in the dumps in case we need to win a tie breaker.

We already have the tiebreaker over Green Bay and Tampa Bay, and we'll have the tiebreaker over Philadelphia if we beat them in the final week (which could essentially be a playoff game anyway). The other teams in the wild card hunt are a couple of 4-4 teams that would have to pass teams in their own division just to get into a tiebreaker with us, plus Atlanta, which plays another contender almost every week from here on out (which means either they lose or another contender loses -- such as the Bucs, Vikings, Panthers and Saints twice). Even if the Falcons somehow go 5-3 again, which I doubt, they'd likely have to win the tiebreaker over the Bucs (they're way behind right now) just to get into a tiebreaker with us, which we still probably would would win (either with a 7-5 conference record to their 6-6 or, if we're both 7-5 or 6-6, then with a 4-0 record against common opponents to their 2-2 at best).

gmoney112

Reaction score
the offense goes as romo goes. the line has been piss poor but i think romo and felix's return will spark a much needed fire under these guys just enough for a W against a division rival. the defense has been playing well, hopefully newman comes back 100% and henry will not be starting

djtavo

Jesus is Lord
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2398978 said:
I was referring to the hypothetical situation about what happens IF we lose our next game. Of course we should try to win in Washington at all costs, because a win there would give us a huge boost in our playoff chase and a loss would hurt it.

But even IF we do lose that game, there is NO REASON to throw in the towel and say we're not going to make the playoffs. I've never been one to give up and quit before every last possible chance of winning has been exhausted. But some fans on here are ready to do it right now, when we're 5-4. That's a loser mentality.

It's absurd to think that not being a quitter until you have absolutely zero mathematical chances of making the playoffs is the same as saying it's OK to lose a game. Fighting until the bitter end is anything but a loser mentality. Quitting when you still have a chance is the very definition of it.

Like I said in my first post, only a team with a loser mentality would NEED to be picked out of the dumps. A team that has a winner's mentality and is willing to keep fighting doesn't need to be picked out of the dumps.

We already have the tiebreaker over Green Bay and Tampa Bay, and we'll have the tiebreaker over Philadelphia if we beat them in the final week (which could essentially be a playoff game anyway). The other teams in the wild card hunt are a couple of 4-4 teams that would have to pass teams in their own division just to get into a tiebreaker with us, plus Atlanta, which plays another contender almost every week from here on out (which means either they lose or another contender loses -- such as the Bucs, Vikings, Panthers and Saints twice). Even if the Falcons somehow go 5-3 again, which I doubt, they'd likely have to win the tiebreaker over the Bucs (they're way behind right now) just to get into a tiebreaker with us, which we still probably would would win (either with a 7-5 conference record to their 6-6 or, if we're both 7-5 or 6-6, then with a 4-0 record against common opponents to their 2-2 at best).

AMEN..... 100% right

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
numnuts23;2398826 said:
See the Rams game. There isn't any will/should win games left. This team hasn't shown the ability to beat up on weaker opponents. .....

:bow: I don't know what people have been watching this year. To suggest we have any "gimme's" on the schedule is ridiculous. Every game will be a dogfight. We simply aren't that good. I have to laugh at some of these "run the table" comments.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
god, I hate the freakin' skins, but I see no way our pathetic front 7 can stop the Skins running game and Portis.

If we can't stop the run, ala Pittsburgh, we have no chance in hell.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
For about 5-7 Seasons now we see fans come in here and talk about how this team is going to suddenly put it all together after playing absolutely horrible and every time the exact opposite happens.

Folks, we are heavily penalized, ball carriers are ramming the ball up our throat, pass defense had 4 TDs thrown on it last time we took the field, cannot pass protect and worse, have really never rallied around anything.

Put the calculators down and just watch the freakin games, right now the Dallas Cowboys are horrible in just about every phase of the game.

It will be an uphill battle to make the playoffs.

slotshot

Reaction score
I agree with the OP...in fact I really think if we go into Fed EX and whip the 'Skins we can build up some serious momentum. I think the Skins game (and our bye) are coming at the perfect time for a run!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We need to win our 1st 3 and at LEAST split down the stretch 2-2

Washington game is a must win though IMO. We have to have it.

If this Cowboys team loses twice to Washington than we don't deserve playoffs or any other kind of reward imo.

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
Pretty soon someone on our team has got to realize that these losses take their tolls, when a team is down to their no. 4 CB, Their senior citizen QB and a RB who is pissed off about his blockers, someone has got to give. MB3 and Felix are the key (other than our Run D), this is almost a trap game.

In looking at our recent history, we are normally the team the has hit its ceiling like the Commanders did last night, and we are the ones to lose. Our O gets in a funk and barely gets by until December, then falls on their face. I think a small role reversal, with us playing the spoiler for Washington and Philly would do great for us. Campbell showed a chink in his armor, he has been super accurate and a good game manager, until the game was put in his hands. We need Ware and Spencer to come out PO'ed and put Campbell on his back because first we need to run the ball, stop the run and then make JC beat us.

CrazyMonster

Reaction score
Well we may as well count Week 14 as a loss. No way are going to beat Pittsburgh. Not after what I saw last night.

We should have 2 wins vs SF/Seattle coming up.

We should have 1 loss vs Pitts.

We should have 4 toss up games vs Washington/Phila/Balt/NYG

That is looking like 4-3 down the stretch to me & 9-7 does not get it done.

Time to start planning for next year......

30yrheel

Reaction score
CrazyMonster;2399150 said:
Well we may as well count Week 14 as a loss. No way are going to beat Pittsburgh. Not after what I saw last night.

i agree, washington is a must win. lose, and the season's over as far as making the playoffs.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Sarge;2398987 said:
:bow: I don't know what people have been watching this year. To suggest we have any "gimme's" on the schedule is ridiculous. Every game will be a dogfight. We simply aren't that good. I have to laugh at some of these "run the table" comments.

We simply aren't that good NOW.

You can't tell me this team isn't good because they have shown they are damn good and can look down right unbeatable.

I don't know if they will run the table or not but Dallas shooting on all cylinders is one of the tougher teams if not the toughest team in the league to beat.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Billy Bullocks;2398950 said:
Just for the psychological reason alone we need to win this game.
I thought the same thing when we beat Tampa Bay. That didn't have much of a residual benefit.

links18

Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2399056 said:
For about 5-7 Seasons now we see fans come in here and talk about how this team is going to suddenly put it all together after playing absolutely horrible and every time the exact opposite happens.

Folks, we are heavily penalized, ball carriers are ramming the ball up our throat, pass defense had 4 TDs thrown on it last time we took the field, cannot pass protect and worse, have really never rallied around anything.

Put the calculators down and just watch the freakin games, right now the Dallas Cowboys are horrible in just about every phase of the game.

It will be an uphill battle to make the playoffs.

Wow, couldn't have said it better myself.....

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CrazyMonster;2399150 said:

Good thing I don't see it the same way. Have fun planning for next year I'll stick with the boys and with a healthy team I think Dallas can make a real push and make the post season.

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2399191 said:
Good thing I don't see it the same way. Have fun planning for next year I'll stick with the boys and with a healthy team I think Dallas can make a real push and make the post season.
He also doesnt see that Pittsburgh's O acutally played better with Leftwich in there, driving down the field for two scores, while Pittsburgh struggled in the first half to get into field goal position for their field goal...

aikemirv

Reaction score
It might not be a must win record wise, but it is a must win IMO.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2399191 said:

We can beat Pittsburg. The Washington offense has been stagnant for weeks now.

Pitts defense is tough for sure, but offense at full strength offers many more challenges than Washingtons