The Commanders game now represents a very real fork in our season

Doomsday101

Reaction score
joshjwc9;2399197 said:
He also doesnt see that Pittsburgh's O acutally played better with Leftwich in there, driving down the field for two scores, while Pittsburgh struggled in the first half to get into field goal position for their field goal...

I just think when this Cowboys team is healthy they are capable of playing damn good ball and with the addition of Roy Williams playing along with TO and Romo at QB I think this team is going to put up a lot of points. I have seen some improvement in special teams (still not where I want it but better) I think the defense is starting to create turnovers and I think the young guys in the secondary will continue to improve. Is there a chance that this team will continue to play sloppy? Of course and if they do then they will not have to worry about the playoffs but as I said I think this team can live up to what they are capable of.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
aikemirv;2399209 said:
We can beat Pittsburg. The Washington offense has been stagnant for weeks now.

Pitts defense is tough for sure, but offense at full strength offers many more challenges than Washingtons

To me it is not about who we play but how we play. I do think Dallas is capable of beating anyone out there if they play up to their ability and I for one just have not given up on this team. Others can choose to believe what they want I'll trust in this team to get things going.

30yrheel

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2399216 said:
I just think when this Cowboys team is healthy they are capable of playing damn good ball and with the addition of Roy Williams playing along with TO and Romo at QB I think this team is going to put up a lot of points. I have seen some improvement in special teams (still not where I want it but better) I think the defense is starting to create turnovers and I think the young guys in the secondary will continue to improve. Is there a chance that this team will continue to play sloppy? Of course and if they do then they will not have to worry about the playoffs but as I said I think this team can live up to what they are capable of.

you're only as good as you're offensive line. now the cowboys' line sux

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
CrazyMonster;2399150 said:
Well we may as well count Week 14 as a loss. No way are going to beat Pittsburgh. Not after what I saw last night.

We should have 2 wins vs SF/Seattle coming up.

We should have 1 loss vs Pitts.

We should have 4 toss up games vs Washington/Phila/Balt/NYG

That is looking like 4-3 down the stretch to me & 9-7 does not get it done.

Time to start planning for next year......

Their strength is their defense. When Romo is healthy no defense should scare this Cowboys offense.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
30yrheel;2399225 said:
you're only as good as you're offensive line. now the cowboys' line sux

I think part of it is defense going against us were not concerned about the passing game as of late and could focus on stopping the run and the shorter passing game. With Romo because of his ability to buy time and his ability to hit big plays down field it will help take some pressure off the O-line. As I said I'm not telling anyone to believe in this team and given the way they have played as of late it is understandable. For me I still believe in this team and think they will make a serious charge in the 2nd half of the season.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
it's amazing the spin that can come from people looking to promote their fantasies.

if the boys lose (again) to Wash their season is over and each coach should be told privately "thanks but you'll be working elsewhere next season".

Enough of this nonsense the season has been a fiasco since day-1 undisciplined and STUPID play.

a LOSER MENTALITY is an owner hiring himself as GM then hiring Wade and deliberating on retread Norv. Talk about surrounding yourself with bottom-of-the-barrel proven HC losers.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
chinch;2399234 said:
it's amazing the spin that can come from people looking to promote their fantasies.

if the boys lose (again) to Wash their season is over and each coach should be told privately "thanks but you'll be working elsewhere next season".

Enough of this nonsense the season has been a fiasco since day-1 undisciplined and STUPID play.

a LOSER MENTALITY is an owner hiring himself as GM then hiring Wade and deliberating on retread Norv. Talk about surrounding yourself with bottom-of-the-barrel proven HC losers.

Not spinning anything. If this team goes out and continue to play sloppy they will not win it is as simple as that. I just think this team is capable of playing much better and I think with so many players coming back such as Romo, Felix Jones and Newman this team has a chance to turn things around. If you or anyone else want to throw up their hands and count this team out be my guest I'm not knocking you.

30yrheel

Reaction score
chinch;2399234 said:

that's what gets me the most, this is by far the dumbest bunch of players i've ever seen on one team. i remember watching the tom landry teams when a penalty was rare.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2399220 said:
To me it is not about who we play but how we play. I do think Dallas is capable of beating anyone out there if they play up to their ability and I for one just have not given up on this team. Others can choose to believe what they want I'll trust in this team to get things going.

I agree. After the first 3 weeks of the season I truly believed that it was the Cowboys and then everybody else. I think they did too and then thats when trouble started. If we play like that again we can get on a roll and do some damage. I am not one who is optimistic that we will get there again this year but it is possible.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
aikemirv;2399250 said:
I agree. After the first 3 weeks of the season I truly believed that it was the Cowboys and then everybody else. I think they did too and then thats when trouble started. If we play like that again we can get on a roll and do some damage. I am not one who is optimistic that we will get there again this year but it is possible.

I have just never been a person who gives up not as a fan and not as a player. I know what this team is capable of and either they will prove me right or they will prove me wrong. Hell I don't mind going down with my team but I refuse to give up on them.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
aikemirv;2399250 said:
wow you really don't use much critical analysis when watching your favorite team.

sunshine and cupcakes i guess.

fact check - dallas played STUPID AND deplorable in EVERY GAME THIS SEASON. The philly game (W) was especially sickening.

arync

Reaction score
this is what I've been saying all along. If we beat the skins and NYG beat Philly we are where we need to be and control our own destiny.

aikemirv

Reaction score
chinch;2399353 said:
wow you really don't use much critical analysis when watching your favorite team.

sunshine and cupcakes i guess.

fact check - dallas played STUPID AND deplorable in EVERY GAME THIS SEASON. The philly game (W) was especially sickening.

Wow, stupid and deplorable. . Interesting - does that include the Bucs game too - I don't know what to say negative Nelly!

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2399056 said:
pass defense had 4 TDs thrown on it last time we took the field

We haven't allowed four TD passes in a game since the middle of October 2007.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
superpunk;2399632 said:
This. We need to go 4-2 in division. We can't drop another one.

Not necessarily. If we beat the Eagles in Week 17, we'd have the tiebreaker over them, and our division record won't matter. We could even finish 10-6 and get swept by the Giants and Washington and still make the playoffs because of all of the tiebreakers we'd win against teams such as Philadelphia (head-to-head), Green Bay (head-to-head), Tampa Bay (head-to-head) and Atlanta (conference and/or common opponents).

AKATheRake

Reaction score
joshjwc9;2399143 said:
Pretty soon someone on our team has got to realize that these losses take their tolls, when a team is down to their no. 4 CB, Their senior citizen QB and a RB who is pissed off about his blockers, someone has got to give. MB3 and Felix are the key (other than our Run D), this is almost a trap game.

In looking at our recent history, we are normally the team the has hit its ceiling like the Commanders did last night, and we are the ones to lose. Our O gets in a funk and barely gets by until December, then falls on their face. I think a small role reversal, with us playing the spoiler for Washington and Philly would do great for us. Campbell showed a chink in his armor, he has been super accurate and a good game manager, until the game was put in his hands. We need Ware and Spencer to come out PO'ed and put Campbell on his back because first we need to run the ball, stop the run and then make JC beat us.

Sounds darn good to me. Attack their o-line before they get rolling and fill those gaps. Challenge the WR's before the ball gets there by not playing 7-10 yards off them. Let this young QB work for his completions and yardage.