The Commanders got rid of Snyder, and look at them now

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
So the QB they drafted had nothing to do with it? It was Snyder? Heck, RG3 was ROY under Snyder...let's pump the brakes a bit.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You used their past to make your case that they are not worth emulating. My point was you can't do that because their past is now irrelevant.

Do you agree or disagree that their past is now irrelevant with regards to their model going forward? You've already stated that it was relevant in your opinion. Are you sticking to that, or are you open to acknowledging the error in that reasoning? Why are you trying so hard to skirt this very simple point?
I used their past to acknowledge we've seen them do this before. You don't have to just look at Commanders past look at the Jaguars past...look at the Browns past.....

You are harping on one statement I made. I told you that I'm willing to change my opinion on them if they show it. 2-1 isn't showing it. I don't get what's so hard about that? You're trying to get me to say something I don't mean and it's not gonna work. Commanders are the Commanders until proven otherwise. I'd say the same thing about the Cowboys. If they somehow got from under Jerry's ownership I'd stay they are still the Cowboys until proven otherwise. Change in ownership doesn't change a culture over night.

Commanders hired Dan Quinn as their head coach. That told me that while things are different they are still the same.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'm not saying they're the champs of the division, but they are tied for leading the division (with a division game win giving them the lead). That was unusual. And when did I ever say the regular season didn't matter? All facets of a season and offseason matter. The way the FO operates in the offseason impacts the regular season and, if we win enough, the post season. You need to get everyone at least some preseason reps so that the first quarter of the season doesn't turn into basically a glorified preseason game. You have to win enough regular season games to get to the playoffs, at which point, what the FO does is even more important in the offseason. How much depth do we have? Can we stop the run? Can we compete with the elite teams in the league? More importantly, do we have the players to win the Super Bowl? ALL of it matters. The problem is that Jerry has failed this team. Jerry makes it seem like he doesn't care. I know you're going to rip into this take, so let me give you what I wrote this thread to begin with.

Especially with the schedule we have, I was screaming from the roof tops, if you will, about our lack of a running game and run defence. I stated CLEARLY we don't have sufficient run stopping abilities. Jerry didn't fix it. I saw that we are playing the AFC North. We are playing our division rivals. We are playing the NFC South and Houston this year. We have Detroit (who are going to be out for blood against us after what happened last year) and San Francisco this year. We don't have a lot of room for error! All those teams run the ball well (and SFO might have McCaffrey by the time we play them). We don't do that well! Look at last year! What did our blow out losses last year have in common? We couldn't stop the run! The Bills blew us out because Cook torched is for over 350 yards. The 49ers obliterated us, largely because McCaffrey ran all over us. The Packers murdered us because Aaron Jones ran all over us. Oh, and what did I say all last season as well? We couldn't run the ball! Guess what, we didn't run the ball well last year, and we can't run this year. We have no good running backs. That means Dak is one dimensional. That makes beating us in the NFL 10 times easier. Guess what! That's on Jerry! That's why I've been so mad at Jerry. That's why I was posting this thread. He's either oblivious to weaknesses that everyone can see, he doesn't care to notice, or he's sabotaging this team! Either way! We WON'T compete for a Super Bowl this year, and we might not even makes the playoffs because Jerry Jones failed this team. You cannot just build a team by the draft alone and win the Super Bowl. Nobody does that and wins the Super Bowl! Jerry wants to be the smartest in the room? Well, guess what! Look at our schedule! Do you think we even make the playoffs with the way we can't stop the run or run the ball? I don't! I'd love for us to! I would love for us to compete for a SB. I really want to see us win one finally! But Jerry failed this team in the offseason, and I'd argue we might have been doomed from the start with the fact that everyone knows our weaknesses. Thank God Chubb wasn't playing for Cleveland week 1, or that could've gotten ugly too!

So, I was pointing out, out of my anger at Jerry, that the Washington franchise do not have Snyder anymore, and hey, even if they collapse, I think it's obvious that they have a better chance at winning than they did with Snyder. Is that unfair to say? Similarly, do you think, especially with how Jerry's been operating the last 2 offseasons at a minimum, that we have a bright future?
sorry i find your post strange inaccurate and way too early.. Literally you had to make a post about Washington for no reason other than one a regular season game against Cincinnati three games into the season this is way too early it is absolutely unnecessary the Dallas Cowboys over the last decade are so much better than Washington it's gonna take that long for them to even get close to the conversation of having them get to as good as Jerry's team you do realize that right because our regular seasons have been dominating these fools and really dominating the east and somehow you think our ownership should be compared to their new ownership because they want a single game on a Thursday night three games into the season it's insanity to even bring it up...

blueblood70

Reaction score
I like the 12 wins. Don't get me wrong, but I've never seen us win the big one! I am angry because I saw glaring weakness that everyone could see, and Jerry didn't address them! They are weaknesses that everyone could see. They weren't new. They were issues that existed last year. Yet, Jerry did nothing to address them effectively. And look where we are now. That's why I'm angry.
Really and you've seen Washington the New York Giants or any hey go look at all the records right now around the league and you're gonna find everyone crammed together there's very few undefeated like 5 there's a couple people winless but a whole bunch of people are bunched together why 'cause it's way too damn soon to be breaking this kind of crap up our twelve wins a season the last three seasons and going to the playoffs 5 out of the last eight years I'd say that Jerry even at his worst makes Washington look like a high school team they have for a very long time so this entire thread should have never been created but thank you very much so we can come in here and say hey great job bringing up a single start to a season that's too in one team is somehow the ownership has turned this organization around with no proof in the playoffs with no proof NFC championship game or a Super Bowl where is this proof you think that's where they're headed seriously that's small sample size you know two years ago when the New York Giants made the playoffs and everyone says they're on the come up oh Oh no they aren't the same when Blake Bortles in the Jacksonville Jaguars make one championship game or Mark Sanchez in The Jets finally get back to something and then boom it's all gone overnight the Jacksonville Jaguars were never that good they were good for a year a single year the Dallas Cowboys are far more consistent than any of those teams including your own division because we dominate the division and we actually have won the division two out of the last three years that makes us better than Washington until further notice...

So you love Washington do this for about 3 or 4 years and then we can talk about it let me see what they can do before you just bring up their two in one ridiculous oh we're in first place record you know how that is I thought it was funny nobody thought we would overtake the eagles last year no way oh but late in the year the Dallas Cowboys got better we went on a run we beat the eagles we took the division and that's how you do it you don't talk about it three games in.. The way to prop up a competitor like a fierce rival that nobody likes and you have to have a special little place to somehow make their new ownership make us want to beg for our ownership to change over a 2IN1 record that is special and not in a good way...

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
sorry i find your post strange inaccurate and way too early.. Literally you had to make a post about Washington for no reason other than one a regular season game against Cincinnati three games into the season this is way too early it is absolutely unnecessary the Dallas Cowboys over the last decade are so much better than Washington it's gonna take that long for them to even get close to the conversation of having them get to as good as Jerry's team you do realize that right because our regular seasons have been dominating these fools and really dominating the east and somehow you think our ownership should be compared to their new ownership because they want a single game on a Thursday night three games into the season it's insanity to even bring it up...

Let me try to walk you through this. I'm not saying that Washington is elite. What I'm saying is they are positioned better than we are by virtue of the fact they no longer have a horrible owner running their team. I'm aware their opponents so far are weaker than those that we've played so far. However, I also think it's interesting how they look less like a toxic place to be. What I'm trying to say is imagine if we had an ownership who cares about winning running our team. I'm aware of the regular season wins. I'm aware of the fact we have dominated our division games. My issue is that we are not championship caliber, and, with how we look so far, I'm not even sure we are even playoff caliber. And the worst part is that the weaknesses are obvious. They were obvious before the season.

Put it this way, with how we look. Do you think this team can win the make it to the NFC Championship? Do you think we can stop the run effectively? Do you think we can run the ball effectively? Or are we just gave Dak throw the ball like this is 2017?

blueblood70

Reaction score
What in the hell are you talking about?lol When did I say season wins don’t matter or throw out any kind of stats about anything. Use a period every now and again rather than one long arse run on sentence.
Everybody in Dallas Cowboys nation said regular season doesn't matter so here we are with a post about a team because they have a 2IN1 record that all of a sudden this new ownership should be commended in the regular season only three games in with the Cowboys have been absolutely dominant in the regular season we've been in the point of five in the last eight years we've won the division two out of the last three years we won 36 games in the regular season the last three years and washington's 2:00 and 1:00 and we said what clap no Jerry still better I know you don't like him but they ain't shown anything special over the last 10 to 15 years you've seen one or two good seasons for Washington then they disappeared...

So all we're saying is this post should have never happened this is way too soon and it's also mind boggling that someone would prop up a 2IN1 record and then act like oh look this new ownership group has them on the right path really because the eagles started out 10 and one last year and did they win the division did they do anything special in the playoffs that would be a big fat no so this is the way way way way way way way too early post and it's an overreaction just finding that another reason to knock our ownership I can't wait till the head to head games I just cannot wait...

So I'm more talking to Mr. rusty brown horse or whatever his name is about this is a ridiculous debate to be having this early in the season and I'm keeping receipts and I can't wait...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Let me try to walk you through this. I'm not saying that Washington is elite. What I'm saying is they are positioned better than we are by virtue of the fact they no longer have a horrible owner running their team. I'm aware their opponents so far are weaker than those that we've played so far. However, I also think it's interesting how they look less like a toxic place to be. What I'm trying to say is imagine if we had an ownership who cares about winning running our team. I'm aware of the regular season wins. I'm aware of the fact we have dominated our division games. My issue is that we are not championship caliber, and, with how we look so far, I'm not even sure we are even playoff caliber. And the worst part is that the weaknesses are obvious. They were obvious before the season.

Put it this way, with how we look. Do you think this team can win the make it to the NFC Championship? Do you think we can stop the run effectively? Do you think we can run the ball effectively? Or are we just gave Dak throw the ball like this is 2017?
No I'm not listening you're not talking to me I think the post is ridiculous and I'm gonna keep coming at you the same way you're not convincing me there are two in one three games into a season hasn't done a damn thing nothing this was an undeserving ridiculous out of left field thread and if you keep talking to me i'ma keep coming at you the same way don't you let it go I disagree with you I think it's the most ridiculous post I've ever seen in here the prop of a Washington team that's not like 10 wins in one loss two wins one loss and they're leading the vision three games into the season and you're like patting them on the back is that their ownership found gold and I didn't see that I see the nearly going lead and give up 33 points last night that's what I saw I saw Dan Quinn's defense once again almost blow a lead so I'm not giving them any flowers and any props 'cause it's way way way way way way way way too early I can't put enough ways in there and I'm not listening to you the Washington dead skins do not any props three games into a season it's like when they wanted to be 2020 when the rest of the division had about 75 injuries and they won it by default yeah that's the last time and then all of a sudden everyone is going Oh my God look they're gonna start winning no they didn't

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Everybody in Dallas Cowboys nation said regular season doesn't matter so here we are with a post about a team because they have a 2IN1 record that all of a sudden this new ownership should be commended in the regular season only three games in with the Cowboys have been absolutely dominant in the regular season we've been in the point of five in the last eight years we've won the division two out of the last three years we won 36 games in the regular season the last three years and washington's 2:00 and 1:00 and we said what clap no Jerry still better I know you don't like him but they ain't shown anything special over the last 10 to 15 years you've seen one or two good seasons for Washington then they disappeared...

So all we're saying is this post should have never happened this is way too soon and it's also mind boggling that someone would prop up a 2IN1 record and then act like oh look this new ownership group has them on the right path really because the eagles started out 10 and one last year and did they win the division did they do anything special in the playoffs that would be a big fat no so this is the way way way way way way way too early post and it's an overreaction just finding that another reason to knock our ownership I can't wait till the head to head games I just cannot wait...

So I'm more talking to Mr. rusty brown horse or whatever his name is about this is a ridiculous debate to be having this early in the season and I'm keeping receipts and I can't wait...

It's not even about the season. It's about the fact that I'm angry with Jerry Jones. Can you not see that? I'm pointing out that hey, things with Washington look a little less toxic without Snyder. I wonder what would happen if Jerry got out. I want success with the Cowboys. I, unlike you, have never seen us win a damn thing worth note. I saw the weaknesses in the offseason. I said I was concerned about them. Jerry did NOTHING to fix it. I WANT us in the playoffs. I WANT to believe Jerry is trying. But I'm ANGRY because I don't see the effort.

blueblood70

Reaction score
It's not even about the season. It's about the fact that I'm angry with Jerry Jones. Can you not see that? I'm pointing out that hey, things with Washington look a little less toxic without Snyder. I wonder what would happen if Jerry got out. I want success with the Cowboys. I, unlike you, have never seen us win a damn thing worth note. I saw the weaknesses in the offseason. I said I was concerned about them. Jerry did NOTHING to fix it. I WANT us in the playoffs. I WANT to believe Jerry is trying. But I'm ANGRY because I don't see the effort.
Stop stop I'm not listening just stop this is a great you can just post as soon as I opened it and now it's my focus to say how stupid it is to me that somebody would bring this up three games doing this into a season... How about we let all 17 games play out and let's have a talk about where Washington said it because this is the one of the most ridiculous posts I've ever seen I don't care how you feel about Jerry Jones but to bring up Washington as an example is absolutely insane

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
No I'm not listening you're not talking to me I think the post is ridiculous and I'm gonna keep coming at you the same way you're not convincing me there are two in one three games into a season hasn't done a damn thing nothing this was an undeserving ridiculous out of left field thread and if you keep talking to me i'ma keep coming at you the same way don't you let it go I disagree with you I think it's the most ridiculous post I've ever seen in here the prop of a Washington team that's not like 10 wins in one loss two wins one loss and they're leading the vision three games into the season and you're like patting them on the back is that their ownership found gold and I didn't see that I see the nearly going lead and give up 33 points last night that's what I saw I saw Dan Quinn's defense once again almost blow a lead so I'm not giving them any flowers and any props 'cause it's way way way way way way way way too early I can't put enough ways in there and I'm not listening to you the Washington dead skins do not any props three games into a season it's like when they wanted to be 2020 when the rest of the division had about 75 injuries and they won it by default yeah that's the last time and then all of a sudden everyone is going Oh my God look they're gonna start winning no they didn't

So, you tell me. Should I sit here happy with the way the season is going? Should I be satisfied with how Jerry had an opportunity to get Derrick Henry to fix our glaring run game deficiencies and didn't? Should I be glad that I've never seen us in an NFCC game? Should I give up on winning a Super Bowl with this team? I want to win the Super Bowl. I'm angry that Jerry has refused to make the necessary fixes when they were possible.

blueblood70

Reaction score
So, you tell me. Should I sit here happy with the way the season is going? Should I be satisfied with how Jerry had an opportunity to get Derrick Henry to fix our glaring run game deficiencies and didn't? Should I be glad that I've never seen us in an NFCC game? Should I give up on winning a Super Bowl with this team? I want to win the Super Bowl. I'm angry that Jerry has refused to make the necessary fixes when they were possible.
I'm telling you I'm not discussing watching so far, that they have done nothing to impress me at all..... That's it the post was ridiculous it's ridiculous there are about 75 other posts talking about how bad the season started FOR US,

we didn't need to prop up Washington because they haven't done a single thing nothing impressive at all.

I didn't see anything three games in to show me they needed a discussion on OUR BOARD!!!...

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'm telling you I'm not discussing watching so far, that they have done nothing to impress me at all..... That's it the post was ridiculous it's ridiculous there are about 75 other posts talking about how bad the season started FOR US,

we didn't need to prop up Washington because they haven't done a single thing nothing impressive at all.

I didn't see anything three games in to show me they needed a discussion on OUR BOARD!!!...

Fine, I'll probably create a thread that explains my frustration without bringing up Washington.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Fine, I'll probably create a thread that explains my frustration without bringing up Washington.
Why there's 75 other posts that already have the same debate there's plenty of subjects they're all the same word in different ways that you can just add to as if the last two weeks as if the entire offseason we haven't said it enough it's all there you're right Washington should have never been used an example 'cause they haven't done squat but we already have all the other great posts the wine fast I hate this hate that blah blah blah we're not going anywhere blah blah blah you know what talk to me after 17 games....

exciter

Reaction score
I despise the Washington Football Team/Skins/Commanders/Knights who say Nee/whatever you want to call them. However, they, like us, had a terrible owner. They got rid of Snyder. Look at them now. Winning the division, and they may have a very bright future unfortunately. Maybe Snyder had some dirt on Jerry that can be helpful?
Hmmm…. They beat the Giants and a currently horribly playing bengals with a rookie making his first start and a 34 yo journeyman pulled off his couch midweek at as the DTs!