The Commanders got rid of Snyder, and look at them now

Steve007

Reaction score
I despise the Washington Football Team/Skins/Commanders/Knights who say Nee/whatever you want to call them. However, they, like us, had a terrible owner. They got rid of Snyder. Look at them now. Winning the division, and they may have a very bright future unfortunately. Maybe Snyder had some dirt on Jerry that can be helpful?
They just had to get rid of one guy. The Cowboys have a whole family that they need to get rid of.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I despise the Washington Football Team/Skins/Commanders/Knights who say Nee/whatever you want to call them. However, they, like us, had a terrible owner. They got rid of Snyder. Look at them now. Winning the division, and they may have a very bright future unfortunately. Maybe Snyder had some dirt on Jerry that can be helpful?
Good lord, sports overraction is some serious comedy. After 3 games, all is right! lol. Mentioning leading the division after 3 games? No one has any idea what the future has for Washington. I get we are 1-2 and look terrible but to think after 3 games, Washington is now set for the future and on the right track?

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
No it dosen't. The Commanders have not won anything in decades just like us. We may often times have a better regular season record then them but bottom line is both teams suck in the playoffs.

But now major changes has occured to their team. When a team does not accomplish its goals change is always good, be it coaches, players or in this case even owners. As a fan change gives you hope that better days are ahead. For me personally the changes the Commanders finally made shows me that the new owners want to win, they want to change the culture of the team. And that pisses me off because that is exactly what I want to see happen here in Dallas but instead we have the same old owner, the same head coach and the same boring QB which will lead us to the same results we have had for the past three decades.
blah blah blah

Optimism doesn't mean anything. Change doesn't guarantee anything.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Week 1 - Commanders get blown out by Tampa.
Week 2 - Commanders scrape by the Giants
Week 3 - Commanders offense looks impressive, but the defense like trash, in a relatively close game in which neither team punted or turned the ball over.

Not exactly time to start hyping them up yet.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Naw I get it I’m just saying we are at a point where we want a big win in the playoffs. Commanders are trying to get to the playoffs. Jerry screwed us this offseason. I knew it then and for sure know it now.

Exactly, and the problem is that we've been stuck on this hamster wheel since I can remember. Yet, nothing changes. That's what makes me even angrier.

SoBlue128

Reaction score
against an 0-2/3 team LMAO.. I thought regular season wins don't matter, if they do the Dallas cowboys are king in the regular season top 6, 36wins 2 division titles and 5 of the last 8 years in the playoffs but sure WSH is onto something at 2-1 lol tell me you hypocrites really need to put down the drinks all of a sudden stats matter and RS wins matter 3 games in to boot!!
What in the hell are you talking about?lol When did I say season wins don’t matter or throw out any kind of stats about anything. Use a period every now and again rather than one long arse run on sentence.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
It’s less the owner and more that they got a QB that seems to be legit.

When you have a talented QB everything changes.

It’s the only position that can turn a last place team into a playoff team over night.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Rusty, it’s not going to change. The Jones are entrenched. All we can hope for is if Stephen gets *****ed slapped into reality and hires a real GM.
I'm hoping Stephen will be too lazy to be the GM and that's why he'll hire one.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You ignored my primary point. That being nobody knows whether or not the Commanders are an organization worthy of emulating since this version is brand spanking new from top to bottom. A great comparison would be the 89 Cowboys.

You're applying the standards and expectations of an organization that no longer exists.

I don't believe for a second that the Commanders ownership, coaching and players are not striving for exactly the same thing "we" are.

It will be interesting to revisit this in three years.
I didn’t ignore your point I don’t agree with it. They are not an organization until proven otherwise.

Three years from now who knows what we will be who knows what they will be. Daniel’s might be the best QB in the league. He may be RG3. It’s impossible to know.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I didn’t ignore your point I don’t agree with it. They are not an organization until proven otherwise.

Three years from now who knows what we will be who knows what they will be. Daniel’s might be the best QB in the league. He may be RG3. It’s impossible to know.
You disagree that the entire Washington Commanders organization has changed from top to bottom?

You also disagree that anything the previous and completely different organization did is moot with regards to what the entirely new organization is doing?

Ok.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Give him a call and beg him for any info he can supply on JJ and his family. Remind him how good he's going to feel helping out the Cowboys get a new owner. He can take out a full-page ad in the Washington newspapers blasting his haters and telling them all that he's the main reason that the Cowboys are going to be relevant sooner than later and keep their dearly loved Commanders from winning a division title for years to come..............LOL!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I think things are getting worse. At least last year they got Cooks and Gilmore. They got Kendrick’s and did nothing.

That's my point! That's what drives me nuts. They do less and less every offseason, and demand more and more out of draft picks with those being our main source of player acquisition! You can't improve your team solely that way! You have to sign free agents too! I'm not saying to go full maverick mode, but make some smart moves! If Derrick Henry wants to play here, call him! See what he would want. He probably would have worked with the Joneses. He wanted to be here. Go for a big NT. Make some moves that show you're trying. I said all offseason that I wouldn't be angry if the FO signed some smart free agents (not bargain bin, but smart like a Derrick Henry) and it didn't work out. I'm angry BECAUSE the FO didn't try. I'm angry BECAUSE they don't care. I at least want to feel like they're trying. They're couldn't be bothered. Their EFFORT is abysmal.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Give him a call and beg him for any info he can supply on JJ and his family. Remind him how good he's going to feel helping out the Cowboys get a new owner. He can take out a full-page ad in the Washington newspapers blasting his haters and telling them all that he's the main reason that the Cowboys are going to be relevant sooner than later and keep their dearly loved Commanders from winning a division title for years to come..............LOL!

Wish I had his number, but maybe someone in the media can ask him what he has on Jerry.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You disagree that the entire Washington Commanders organization has changed from top to bottom?

You also disagree that anything the previous and completely different organization did is moot with regards to what the entirely new organization is doing?

Ok.

No I don't disagree that they've changed. They can be terrible and it will be a improve over what Snyder was.

I disagree that they are a model organization worth emulating. Maybe 3 years down the road I'll feel otherwise. 2-1 isn't it unfortunately. Ravens, Chiefs, Lions....much better organizations I'd want to emulate.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
No I don't disagree that they've changed. They can be terrible and it will be a improve over what Snyder was.

I disagree that they are a model organization worth emulating. Maybe 3 years down the road I'll feel otherwise. 2-1 isn't it unfortunately. Ravens, Chiefs, Lions....much better organizations I'd want to emulate.

I'm not saying they're a team to emulate in terms of greatness. It's more of the fact that they no longer have Snyder and can now begin to improve. If they can have that, what if we somehow managed to get Jerry out of here? How much improvement can we have?

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score

You used their past to make your case that they are not worth emulating. My point was you can't do that because their past is now irrelevant.

Do you agree or disagree that their past is now irrelevant with regards to their model going forward? You've already stated that it was relevant in your opinion. Are you sticking to that, or are you open to acknowledging the error in that reasoning? Why are you trying so hard to skirt this very simple point?