The Commanders got rid of Snyder, and look at them now

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Exactly this has to be one of the worst posts I've ever seen...Kudos for this 2-1 start,, Dallas has like a 650 win percentage in the regular season last decade which make us top 6..they have long way to go to even wish they had what we have accomplished in the regular season.
Exactly.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I mean goodness let’s put things in perspective…we dislike our team because we win 12 games a year and can’t win a playoff game. Commanders haven’t done in even more years…. You guys really can’t be stooping this low after a loss.

I like the 12 wins. Don't get me wrong, but I've never seen us win the big one! I am angry because I saw glaring weakness that everyone could see, and Jerry didn't address them! They are weaknesses that everyone could see. They weren't new. They were issues that existed last year. Yet, Jerry did nothing to address them effectively. And look where we are now. That's why I'm angry.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Like, am I not allowed to be angry with Jerry and still cheer on the team? The Cowboys will always be my favourite team. That said, I'm angry at Jerry with the way this offseason played out. I'm angry that I as a fan could see the issues on this team that I laid out, and he did nothing to address it. I was frustrated last week, now I'm angry.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I mean goodness let’s put things in perspective…we dislike our team because we win 12 games a year and can’t win a playoff game. Commanders haven’t done in even more years…. You guys really can’t be stooping this low after a loss.
I'm not putting the Commanders on any kind of pedestal here, but if you're serious about putting things in perspective you have to acknowledge that the Commanders are just crawling out of the massive hole Snyder dug the team into. You can't use the past to judge the entirely new organization that is today's Commanders.

I don't know what the future brings, but a strong case could be made that the future looks brighter for the reborn Commanders than it does for the same old same old Cowboys.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I like the 12 wins. Don't get me wrong, but I've never seen us win the big one! I am angry because I saw glaring weakness that everyone could see, and Jerry didn't address them! They are weaknesses that everyone could see. They weren't new. They were issues that existed last year. Yet, Jerry did nothing to address them effectively. And look where we are now. That's why I'm angry.
Naw I get it I’m just saying we are at a point where we want a big win in the playoffs. Commanders are trying to get to the playoffs. Jerry screwed us this offseason. I knew it then and for sure know it now.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm not putting the Commanders on any kind of pedestal here, but if you're serious about putting things in perspective you have to acknowledge that the Commanders are just crawling out of the massive hole Snyder dug the team into. You can't use the past to judge the entirely new organization that is today's Commanders.

I don't know what the future brings, but a strong case could be made that the future looks brighter for the reborn Commanders than it does for the same old same old Cowboys.
I’m not judging the Commanders. What I’m saying is I’m not gonna sit here and say we need to be more like them because they are 2-1. This is not the first or last time they will be 2-1.

Commanders had a damn good draft getting Daniel’s.But what they are striving for and what we are striving for is different. Going 9-8 is a good season for them. Going 9-8 for us is a failure and hell not winning a playoff game is a failure. They are not a model organization to emulate.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I don't know about you but I am at around 30 years worth of recency. How much recency do you need?
dumb response

we see it all the time on extremecowboyszone.com. A QB, coach, whatever has a good game and by rote posters here claim they are better than our guys. Sometimes it's valid, other times when not, the poster doesn't own up to it, just moves on

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I’m not judging the Commanders. What I’m saying is I’m not gonna sit here and say we need to be more like them because they are 2-1. This is not the first or last time they will be 2-1.

Commanders had a damn good draft getting Daniel’s.But what they are striving for and what we are striving for is different. Going 9-8 is a good season for them. Going 9-8 for us is a failure and hell not winning a playoff game is a failure. They are not a model organization to emulate.
You ignored my primary point. That being nobody knows whether or not the Commanders are an organization worthy of emulating since this version is brand spanking new from top to bottom. A great comparison would be the 89 Cowboys.

You're applying the standards and expectations of an organization that no longer exists.

I don't believe for a second that the Commanders ownership, coaching and players are not striving for exactly the same thing "we" are.

It will be interesting to revisit this in three years.

Bing

Reaction score

Why does that matter anyway? 3 games doesn't supersede entire seasons
No it dosen't. The Commanders have not won anything in decades just like us. We may often times have a better regular season record then them but bottom line is both teams suck in the playoffs.

But now major changes has occured to their team. When a team does not accomplish its goals change is always good, be it coaches, players or in this case even owners. As a fan change gives you hope that better days are ahead. For me personally the changes the Commanders finally made shows me that the new owners want to win, they want to change the culture of the team. And that pisses me off because that is exactly what I want to see happen here in Dallas but instead we have the same old owner, the same head coach and the same boring QB which will lead us to the same results we have had for the past three decades.