The Conspiracy Theories of Romo and the Cowboys

EST_1986

Reaction score
I believe the Cowboys still have to designate him a June 1st cut (aka: release him) in order to spread the $24.7 million cap hit over two seasons. To retain his rights, they would have to absorb all of his cap hit now OR request that Romo repay part of his guaranteed money to help offset it. If they do the latter, it will most likely end any future relationship Romo has with the Cowboys so I don't see Jerry doing that, especially after boldly promoting the "do right" plan.
can they ask him to *wink wink* repay it?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Well done Reality !!

Romo basically is forcing the issue . He's not going to allow Jerry to dangle him all the way thru training camp.

Applause to Romo. Well played .

And I fully expect him to receive some interest after the June 1st official release.

birdwells1

Reaction score
I would hate to be a Texans fan right now knowing how great their defense was last year and only have Savage or Weeden as your quarterback now. I think this is probably less about the GM and more about the owners. The Texans probably do not want to admit to the long time perception that they are the "other" NFL team in Texas, rather than "The" team in Texas, by coming across as giving in to the Cowboys trade demands when sports media has been saying all along that Romo will be released and only an idiot would trade for him.

I agree, I didn't want him in Houston but I think they are crazy, with that defense, that rb, those te, those wrs and with what the Patriots did this offseason? You're going to let your ego come between Romo being your starter or Savage, let's see who they pick with their 4th round pick because that player is probably the difference.

khiladi

Reaction score
Romo is a Cowboy for life. That's what I think.

If they call, he'll be there.

visionary

Reaction score
I don't get some fan posts in this thread

Somehow if Jerry held on to try and trade him or asks for sone bonus money back he is a bad person but if tony forced/tricked the Cowboys to release him and signs with another team and basically steals money from the Cowboys, that is fine

Some of you guys either don't have the capacity to think objectively of are not cowboy fans just Romo groupies

khiladi

Reaction score

Somehow if Jerry held on to try and trade him or asks for sone bonus money back he is a bad person but if tony forced/tricked the Cowboys to release him and signs with another team and basically steals money from the Cowboys, that is fine

Some of you guys either don't have the capacity to think objectively of are not cowboy fans just Romo groupies

He should have been starting and had his job back last season.

Business is business...

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
Well done Reality !!

Romo basically is forcing the issue . He's not going to allow Jerry to dangle him all the way thru training camp.

Applause to Romo. Well played .

And I fully expect him to receive some interest after the June 1st official release.

Just to pile on this conspiracy thread, i think romo will come out of retirement. He wont come out for just any team though. But... dallas, houston are my top two. Denver not much bc if siemian does bad they got lynch. Houston only has savage. (Lol) and well here in dallas he knows everything about this offense if dak were to go down.

In his interview just now he did not close the door at a comeback.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

Somehow if Jerry held on to try and trade him or asks for sone bonus money back he is a bad person but if tony forced/tricked the Cowboys to release him and signs with another team and basically Rom money from the Cowboys, that is fine

Romantics

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
So, what is your conspiracy theory?

How about this one?

Jones realized he wasn't going to able to get much in return for Romo. More importantly, he didn't want him to end up in Houston and legitimize that franchise and see them garner more attention than the Cowboys.

The solution? "Facilitate" Romo's move to the CBS broadcast booth - keeping Tony off the Texans' roster and allowing Tony to ride off into the sunset as a Cowboys' hero with a new, lucrative career. He and Tony win, Simms and Houston lose.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How about this one?

Jones realized he wasn't going to able to get much in return for Romo. More importantly, he didn't want him to end up in Houston and legitimize that franchise and see them garner more attention than the Cowboys.

The solution? "Facilitate" Romo's move to the CBS broadcast booth - keeping Tony off the Texans' roster and allowing Tony to ride off into the sunset as a Cowboys' hero with a new, lucrative career. He and Tony win, Simms and Houston lose.
Quite plausible :)

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
69) Jerry got overruled on the Romo decision.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I think Romo's birthday suit didn't satisfy Jerry anymore.

He saw what a solid and strapping young man Dak was and had to reluctantly say goodbye to his sweet lover Romo.

Like Jerry always said, the shower is where you find out a lot about a man.

Romo deserved better.
Damn. I feel so dirty. I would bathe but mum only turns on the water for bathing and washing clothes on Thursdays.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I think Romo is honestly intent on making broadcasting his new career but if asked, would comeback to the Cowboys and only the Cowboys if something happened to Dak... especially if that meant taking the Cowboys into the playoffs.