The Cowboys are crazy

OILERMAN

Reaction score
Look I know most people are going to be happy no matter what and a Dallas fan is going to be glad no matter who is signed and how much money is spent.

But the money the Cowboys are spending on these free agents is laughable. This looks like Dan Snyder.

Bledoe, Ferguson, Henry and now Riverea.

Bledsoe was cheap I'll give the Cowboys and that and Ferguson is a good player and you need a solid NT for the 3-4.

But 11 mill up front for Herny and 9 mill for a 33yr old guard is completely stupid.

Show me a team that has went crazy the first few days of free agency and it has worked? Free agents also get overpaid out of the gates.

Parcells doesn't care because he won't be around much longer

TheHustler

Reaction score
11 mill for Henry will sound much better in a week when everyone else gets 15 mill +.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Let me guess, you were the same guy who grumbled last year when they waited for market value guys.

MikeD17

Benched
Reaction score
bro shut your mouth. dallas is doing an awesome job, there fillling in the holes with upgrade across the board.

dallas is trying to make a run in the next 2 seasons.

you people are so worried about 5 years down the road , im sick of that crap lets win now baby. stop your whining you sound like a damn woman :iggles:

Asklesko

Reaction score
They grossly overpaid for the CB, but other than that, the rest of the signings look decent and justifiable.

cwboy1

Reaction score
MikeD17 said:
stop your whining you sound like a damn woman :iggles:

I'm betting that lil comments gonna get you a whole lotta flack slick. :banghead:

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
OILERMAN said:
Look I know most people are going to be happy no matter what and a Dallas fan is going to be glad no matter who is signed and how much money is spent.

But the money the Cowboys are spending on these free agents is laughable. This looks like Dan Snyder.

Bledsoe was cheap I'll give the Cowboys and that and Ferguson is a good player and you need a solid NT for the 3-4.

But 11 mill up front for Herny and 9 mill for a 33yr old guard is completely stupid.

Show me a team that has went crazy the first few days of free agency and it has worked? Free agents also get overpaid out of the gates.

Lucas signed for 15 Mill....an early signing for Henry at 10mill...is looking brilliant at this point!!! Henry is not a drop off from Lucas...

Rivera is looking to have a back loaded contract that we may dump after 3 yrs...

So far so good...get more info before posting garbage!

Nav22

Reaction score
I'm not crying, I'm laughing

I hope you have a nice laugh before you remember that the Oilers/Titans aren't fit to lick the shoes of America's Team.

Novacek84

Reaction score
You guys complain when we go cheap and then you complain when we bring in some higher priced guys. So which is it? You can't have it both ways. I think these are solid signings but we won't know how they fit into the overall mix this offseason until we see who is drafted. Stop complaining. It ain't your money anyway.

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
I see Oilerman's point as mass turning over of the roster is why the Skins struggle year in and out.

However, in our case we're bringing in guys that have a history either with the head coach or their immediate coach, Rivera aside...

...thus, I'm not as worried as I'd be if we were to be like the Skins and simply go after the best guys with no thought to team chemistry...

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
OILERMAN said:

Bledoe, Ferguson, Henry and now Rivera.

I haven't heard anything of the sort on Rivera... are you telling me Rivera is a Cowboy as of right now?

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
TheHustler said:
11 mill for Henry will sound much better in a week when everyone else gets 15 mill +.

Already happened...Lucas got 15 mil...Henry is looking like a very good deal.

Sabu1

Reaction score
Nav22 said:
I hope you have a nice laugh before you remember that the Oilers/Titans aren't fit to lick the shoes of America's Team.

Ain't that the truth?

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
OILERMAN said:

No, whats REALLY sad is you cream your pants thinking about Warren Moon....

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
And you were probably laughing last offseason when the team's 'marquee' pickups were Vinny Testaverde and Eddie George.

We've gone the cheap route under Parcells, and it got us four fewer wins than the season before.

The 'Boys have had to overpay for a couple of these guys, but not so much for a couple of the others. What we paid Ferguson is actually a little less per year than what Pat Williams got. The only difference is that Williams, who is two-to-three years older, got a contract that was two years shorter.

Getting Rivera was all about protecting Drew Bledsoe. Bledsoe signed dirt cheap, probably in part because he was promised some of these types of signings would be made.

DrunkWithPower

Reaction score
We are filling holes with very competent guys, and paying market value for them. Last year we quibbled over a couple million on some guys and lost them to other teams. Now I for one wouldn't say we were a player or two away from a SB last year, but we sure could've had a few more wins with a DE and CB last year. I think Bill and Jerry are on the right track - use the money when you have it and see what happens. I'm tired of sitting back and waiting...let's jack up the price for everyone else after us!

Go Cowboys!

conner01

Reaction score
well i see the problem.you don't under stand how the cap works.thats bonus means very little.how they are structured for the cap is what maters.we won't know all the details for a week or two but henry is gonna be 4 to 5 mil a yr.compared to what kffl is saying about lucas getting 8 mil a year i don't see how you can say we over paid.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cwboy1 said:
I'm betting that lil comments gonna get you a whole lotta flack slick. :banghead:

He gets a pass this time... :cool:

But considering that the bulk of the whining that goes on on this board are by some of the male posters, I'm finding a little irony in that statement.

Oh BTW, Oilerman is a Texan fan. So there just might be a little u-know-what envy going on...