The Cowboys are crazy

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
He gets a pass this time... :cool:

But considering that the bulk of the whining that goes on on this board are by some of the male posters, I'm finding a little irony in that statement.

Oh BTW, Oilerman is a Texan fan. So there just might be a little u-know-what envy going on...

He should be excited about this offseason, then. Fox Sports Southwest was talking about how they're hoping to land Ron Dayne last night. :eek:

OILERMAN

Reaction score
Yea I was laughing last year when the Cowboys signed Testeverde, Eddie George and Marcelus wiley.

Most people on this forum was acting like those were great signings as well.

We'll see I guess.

77Cowboy

Reaction score
Actually Oilerman is a Titans fan and has been an avid Cowboy irratant for several years.

So Oilerman what do you say to the big money that Lucas and Williams got paid compared to equal and younger talent that the Cowboys got for less money.

Trust me it is much more important to set the Market prices than be the chump that has to pay extra. BTW how is the firesale over in Titans land going? :rolleyes:

ndanger

Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
Lucas signed for 15 Mill....an early signing for Henry at 10mill...is looking brilliant at this point!!! Henry is not a drop off from Lucas...

Rivera is looking to have a back loaded contract that we may dump after 3 yrs...

So far so good...get more info before posting garbage!
Well put my friend :D

Bull Frog

Reaction score
OILERMAN said:
I'm not a Texan fan, I'm a Titan fan.
Will the Titans even be able to field a team this year? I think there are a few Arena guys that you can afford.

VoR

Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
Lucas signed for 15 Mill....an early signing for Henry at 10mill...is looking brilliant at this point!!! Henry is not a drop off from Lucas...

Rivera is looking to have a back loaded contract that we may dump after 3 yrs...

So far so good...get more info before posting garbage!

Ha it better be, how many guys play at a high level until they're 36-37?

OILERMAN

Reaction score
77Cowboy said:
Actually Oilerman is a Titans fan and has been an avid Cowboy irratant for several years.

So Oilerman what do you say to the big money that Lucas and Williams got paid compared to equal and younger talent that the Cowboys got for less money.

Trust me it is much more important to set the Market prices than be the chump that has to pay extra. BTW how is the firesale over in Titans land going? :rolleyes:

Who cares if other teams also overpaid free agents? It happens every year. People on these boards made fun of the Commanders last year.

As for the Titans, yea they've had some serious losses in Mason and Rolle but if everyones healthy I'll take the Titans roster over the Cowboys in a heart beat.

ndanger

Reaction score
OILERMAN said:
Yea I was laughing last year when the Cowboys signed Testeverde, Eddie George and Marcelus wiley.

We'll see I guess.
Don't the Titans have a forum? :D

ndanger

Reaction score
OILERMAN said:
Who cares if other teams also overpaid free agents? It happens every year. People on these boards made fun of the Commanders last year.

As for the Titans, yea they've had some serious losses in Mason and Rolle but if everyones healthy I'll take the Titans roster over the Cowboys in a heart beat.
How 'bout their forum in heartbeat? :D

VoR

Reaction score
OILERMAN said:
Look I know most people are going to be happy no matter what and a Dallas fan is going to be glad no matter who is signed and how much money is spent.

But the money the Cowboys are spending on these free agents is laughable. This looks like Dan Snyder.

Bledoe, Ferguson, Henry and now Riverea.

Bledsoe was cheap I'll give the Cowboys and that and Ferguson is a good player and you need a solid NT for the 3-4.

But 11 mill up front for Herny and 9 mill for a 33yr old guard is completely stupid.

Show me a team that has went crazy the first few days of free agency and it has worked? Free agents also get overpaid out of the gates.

Parcells doesn't care because he won't be around much longer

Right on.
All these couch coaches love how this looks on paper - and it always does look good. Parcells hasn't signed any players young since he arrived, they've all been hovering at 30 years old or older. That really helped us last year.
We'll see how all these guys are talking in 2 years when these fossils are washed up and the salary cap is screwed.
And they thought this last year was bad..................hahahaha!

Ashwynn

Reaction score
Jones just said this was the most expensive day in Cowboys history. By my count if all reports are correct, 11+9+9= 29 million bucks spent today. WOW.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
OILERMAN said:

We'll see I guess.

I certainly don't remember much of anyone jumping for joy here... it was mainly a collective sigh of ***...

ndanger

Reaction score
OILERMAN said:
Whats the problem, don't like someone raining on the homer parade?
Not rainin' here pal unless your talking about quality upgrades.At least we have some homers. :D