The Cowboys are crazy

Sabu1

Reaction score
77Cowboy said:
BTW how is the firesale over in Titans land going? :rolleyes:

LOL...yeah, Oilerman. Shouldn't you be on a Titan board talking about how Bud Adams and Floyd Reese completely botched Tennessee's salary cap? After all of Dallas' "wild spending", the Cowboys look to be $10 mil under the cap. Talk to us after Tennessee adds a quality free agent. Oh wait, I guess that won't be anytime soon, will it?

RedLine

Reaction score
OILERMAN said:
As for the Titans, yea they've had some serious losses in Mason and Rolle but if everyones healthy I'll take the Titans roster over the Cowboys in a heart beat.

Now that is funny! :lmao:

jlust22

Reaction score
I can understand being somewhat concerned about the contracts given to Henry and Rivera. The market is the market, but I do think the Cowboys overpaid. It is a bit disconcerting to give a 33 yr. old guard a 5-yr/$20 million contract with $9 million up front. There is no way anyone thought it would take that much to sign him. The AP story says Wahle is expected to sign with Carolina for 5 year and $25 million with $10 million up front. I guess we will have to wait and see if those numbers are in fact accurate. But, if Rivera who is a very good player and Wahle got similar contracts, why not go after Wahle since he is only 27 and is rated as a better player by many.

The Cowboys obviously had a plan and went into attack mode right away. That is positive and I hope when they take the field in September, we will find out that their plan was a good one.

jimmy40

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
No, whats REALLY sad is you cream your pants thinking about Warren Moon....
The most underated player in the history of sports.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bull Frog said:
Will the Titans even be able to field a team this year? I think there are a few Arena guys that you can afford.

Lol I also know some guys on a semi-pro league that will come in a for a workout, too. They're gonna need some help considering they'll be fielding the NFL's JV squad...

OILERMAN

Reaction score
ndanger said:
Not rainin' here pal unless your talking about quality upgrades.At least we have some homers. :D

Like last year when the Raiders signed Warren Sapp, Ted Washington or when the Skins signed Brunell, Coles and Trotter.

Those were quality upgrades to....

p226sig

Benched
Reaction score
OILERMAN said:
Who cares if other teams also overpaid free agents? It happens every year. People on these boards made fun of the Commanders last year.

As for the Titans, yea they've had some serious losses in Mason and Rolle but if everyones healthy I'll take the Titans roster over the Cowboys in a heart beat.

We must have picked up a few of the players his team wanted, it's now clear.

77Cowboy

Reaction score
Oily is a knowledgeable football poster, he just has an unfortunate "Napoleonic" complex when it come to the Cowboys and tends to be a bit overly critical of them as we are probably a bit to homeristic of them.

But what the heck, we Cowboys fans and we are supposed to be positive about our team.

Reaction score
Oily has been bummed ever since the Tits window slammed shut...

The Cowboys will win another Super Bowl & he will be crying about our cap...

Sorry your team has never won ANYTHING... :cool:

Tobal

Reaction score
Who was happy about George? Wiley was a hope, but no one expected him to be anything great we hoped for solid.

Vinny was susposed to be a backup.

You can do better than that.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
OILERMAN said:
Who cares if other teams also overpaid free agents? It happens every year. People on these boards made fun of the Commanders last year.

At this rate that hole your're digging should reach China by Tuesday :D

OILERMAN

Reaction score
77Cowboy said:
Oily is a knowledgeable football poster, he just has an unfortunate "Napoleonic" complex when it come to the Cowboys and tends to be a bit overly critical of them as we are probably a bit to homeristic of them..

The Cowboys haven't won a playoff game in like 8 years. How was I overcritical? You realize teams go to the playoffs after terrible years in these watered down times and the Cowboys can't even win a playoff game in 8yrs.

What was I wrong about?

77Cowboy

Reaction score
Hey I agree no playoff wins in 8 years sucks ***, but I am not the one crying about our owner going out and substantially upgrading the team in one day. Did he overpay for Henry at first I though he did, but now that I start to see the other contracts come out I think we may have gotten fair market value.

jimmy40

Reaction score
p226sig said:
???? Oh a joke, now I get it!
50,000 passing yards in his pro career. Don't be a freakin blind homer all your life.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
OILERMAN said:
The Cowboys haven't won a playoff game in like 8 years. How was I overcritical? You realize teams go to the playoffs after terrible years in these watered down times and the Cowboys can't even win a playoff game in 8yrs.

What was I wrong about?

cowboys = :lombardi:

oilers/titans = 0

Tricky-22

Git R Done
Reaction score
OILERMAN said:
Look I know most people are going to be happy no matter what and a Dallas fan is going to be glad no matter who is signed and how much money is spent.

But the money the Cowboys are spending on these free agents is laughable. This looks like Dan Snyder.

Bledoe, Ferguson, Henry and now Riverea.

Bledsoe was cheap I'll give the Cowboys and that and Ferguson is a good player and you need a solid NT for the 3-4.

But 11 mill up front for Herny and 9 mill for a 33yr old guard is completely stupid.

Show me a team that has went crazy the first few days of free agency and it has worked? Free agents also get overpaid out of the gates.

Parcells doesn't care because he won't be around much longer

Bledsoe's contract is basically a 2 year deal, and not much of a signing bonus to contend with later.

Ferguson's contract is frontloaded, I think that he gets over 50% of it in the 1st two years then the money decreases substancially after year three.

I'm not sure about how the Rivera contract. But an offensive guards shelf life is much greater than that of a WR, RB, or QB. So it is not inconceivable that he could play at a high level until he 36 or 37. He hasn't been injured much in the past and seems to be very healthy (i.e. no cronic knee or back problems).

Henry is just 28 and barring a severe injury will probably play out his contract.

I don't think that Jerry Jones is getting himself in any cap trouble. Most of the contracts that cause problems down the road are the ones that are really backloaded, meaning that most of the money is paid out in the last two or three years of the contract. (i.e. Danny Snyder)

From what I've seen on these signings, the Cowboys will have the money to resign their young guys who will be up for contracts in two to three years.

Relax. You could hurt yourself with that knee jerking around like that.