The Cowboys are going to punish the Cardinals

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Well, I was busy all day, and just checked in to see how the Cowboys did. To my everlasting surprise, the Cardinals beat the Cowboys. Oh well. The Cowboys fooled me.
You were so sure we were going to punish the Cardinals you didn’t even bother to keep track of the game. :laugh: You’re easily fooled because this is the same old Cowboys. We’ll see if this taught you a lesson.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
Only on the Cowboys Zone can we gloriously and happily grandstand against a positive outlook over the defeat of the team we purport to follow.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
You were so sure we were going to punish the Cardinals you didn’t even bother to keep track of the game. :laugh: You’re easily fooled because this is the same old Cowboys. We’ll see if this taught you a lesson.
So, you are celebrating the loss? I don't understand. Really, I don't.

As for keeping track of the game; I have better things to do with my time than sit around watching a 3+ hour game. I never watch a game live. It's a colossal waste of my time to wade through all the advertisements, huddles and inane commentary from the talking heads. I don't watch live games for the same reason I don't listen to blowhards like Stephen A Smith, Colin Cowherd, or Skip Bayless. It's just too annoying.

What I did today was complete two FEMA trainings, plant my fall flowers, exercise and read several chapters on Business Continuity. That was after church this morning. I can review a game in 20 minutes. Why would I watch it live? I typically check in either the evening after daytime games, or morning after night games.

The nice thing about not hanging on every play is I am much more productive, and my emotions don't get all upset by how the games go. I enjoy watching good plays, and skip the rest of the BS. So the Cowboys lost. It's not the end of my world.

I can tell you one thing. I won't be spending very much time commiserating on this website this week. I enjoy the wins, mostly ignore the losses, and certainly don't get caught up in the hand-wringing that inevitably follows a loss. Football is ENTERTAINMENT for me. If a game isn't entertaining, then I'm not going to waste much time or energy on it. (Frankly, even if it is entertaining, I don't spend too much time on it.) As an engineer and planner, I usually enjoy the offseason more than the games anyway.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
So, you are celebrating the loss? I don't understand. Really, I don't.

As for keeping track of the game; I have better things to do with my time than sit around watching a 3+ hour game. I never watch a game live. It's a colossal waste of my time to wade through all the advertisements, huddles and inane commentary from the talking heads. I don't watch live games for the same reason I don't listen to blowhards like Stephen A Smith, Colin Cowherd, or Skip Bayless. It's just too annoying.

What I did today was complete two FEMA trainings, plant my fall flowers, exercise and read several chapters on Business Continuity. That was after church this morning. I can review a game in 20 minutes. Why would I watch it live? I typically check in either the evening after daytime games, or morning after night games.

The nice thing about not hanging on every play is I am much more productive, and my emotions don't get all upset by how the games go. I enjoy watching good plays, and skip the rest of the BS. So the Cowboys lost. It's not the end of my world.

I can tell you one thing. I won't be spending very much time commiserating on this website this week. I enjoy the wins, mostly ignore the losses, and certainly don't get caught up in the hand-wringing that inevitably follows a loss. Football is ENTERTAINMENT for me. If a game isn't entertaining, then I'm not going to waste much time or energy on it. (Frankly, even if it is entertaining, I don't spend too much time on it.) As an engineer and planner, I usually enjoy the offseason more than the games anyway.
I’m not celebrating the loss, but I was prepared for it. You say you have better things to do with your time, than to sit around watching a three hour game and you call yourself a Cowboys fan? You were actually planting fall flowers during the game? :laugh: It’s obvious you’re not much of a fan. I’m surprised you even waste time here. You obviously don’t know much about the Cowboys. If you followed the team closely, you would know they routinely play down to their opponents. They have a tendency of not showing up against bad teams they’re favored against. Practically every season they lay an egg against a team they were supposed to beat. You should start watching the Cowboys on Sunday, maybe you’ll learn something and won’t make such foolish predictions in the future.:thumbup: On a positive note, at least the thread provided some good laughs. Lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m not celebrating the loss, but I was prepared for it. You say you have better things to do with your time, than to sit around watching a three hour game and you call yourself a Cowboys fan? You were actually planting fall flowers during the game? :laugh: It’s obvious you’re not much of a fan. I’m surprised you even waste time here. You obviously don’t know much about the Cowboys. If you followed the team closely, you would know they routinely play down to their opponents. They have a tendency of not showing up against bad teams they’re favored against. Practically every season they lay an egg against a team they were supposed to beat. You should start watching the Cowboys on Sunday, maybe you’ll learn something and won’t make such foolish predictions in the future.:thumbup: On a positive note, at least the thread provided some good laughs. Lol
Anyone who doesn’t enjoy sitting down watching or attending a game isn’t really a football fan . It’s all about the emotion of the game unfolding play by play. And enjoying the events with family and friends.

He’s explained what It’s all about to him, the entertainment of winning and seeing a plan come thru. And the bragging rights attached. The grief and pain of losing or lack of success isn’t an emotion want to endure.

To each their own . I assume somewhere along the line , since he’s old enough he used to have to sit and watch entirety, that this is how he’s learned to tolerate the lack of success by detaching himself emotionally.

Possibly somethings happened in his life where doesn’t have family or friends to enjoy the camaraderie that is attending or watching a game . I’m assuming he’s not an alumni from a school that has football history as well.

Anyway, I think you might have nailed it that he’s not really a football fan in a sense. And he’s admittedly said being an Engineer it’s more about the building of the team in offseason that interest him not the fruition of the results.

To each their own I suppose. He often provides some amazing information and statistical stats in offseason and I’ve enjoyed those contributions but perhaps he should refrain from participation once the games begin as doesn’t have the patience nor the desire for poor results , the human element and emotional fallout thereof.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I guess the Cards didnt get the memo :laugh:
Yea, I guess my sarcasm didn’t come off as well as intended. Lol

Some of us warned On Any Given Day always applies and until we faced better teams should refrain from SB hype.

These type of games can happen. We’ll see if some of the issues that arose were isolated or a deeper concern.

My hunch is it’s some of both. Our OL is a concern, the health of it. Our Redzone offense is a concern.

And two of our key stars are a concern. Why does Parsons have off games like this . And our QB still making poor decisions or poor throws in key situations.

I hate to see how we look against SF and Phil. But upsets like this happen in NFL. It’s a reminder even these teams with poor records can play.