The Cowboys are tanking

Sully

Reaction score
Without saying it ( because we know the words from Dallas front office can't be trusted) but the actions is showing what this team is doing:

--- Will not extend Dak until training camp, if they do at all
--- Let Tyron Smith walk
--- Didn't even call RB Henry

And with the 2025 season looking bleak with all the dead salary coming -- this team is reloading for 2026

Last edited by a moderator:

Sully

Reaction score
They are trying to do a soft rebuild IMO, but our picks aren’t that great, and our core is the most expensive in football between Dak, Lamb, Micah, and Diggs.
And I know it is not a popular thing but I would try to trade any of those for multiple picks for the future. If you could get (2) 1st round picks for Lamb/Parsons and even add a later rounder also, I do it. Since this franchise doesn't want to spend in FA, then load up on future draft picks to allow a reset and not having to "setting the market" for our players, which lead to salary cap issues.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Honestly if they just bite the bullet this year, and avoid significant restructures I'm not sure the 2025 cap is that restrictive. I think they can use 2024 as a get ahead year to create some cap flex moving forward. So far most indications are this is exactly what they're doing, but still plenty of time for them to make me look foolish for even saying that. I still think it would be smart to move on from someone in the Parsons, Bland, Prescott, Lamb group to really open up the cap moving forward but who knows if that will actually happen or not.

What really surprises me if they are doing a soft/quick rebuild why not look to deal a couple guys who could likely be gone after this year anyways? Could you deal a guy like OSA for a 2nd? Maybe a Dlaw or Martin?

Jipper

Reaction score
They are trying to do a soft rebuild IMO, but our picks aren’t that great, and our core is the most expensive in football between Dak, Lamb, Micah, and Diggs.
So after Jerry went all in he tried to do a soft rebuild….theres a joke in there somewhere

JBS

Reaction score
Honestly if they just bite the bullet this year, and avoid significant restructures I'm not sure the 2025 cap is that restrictive. I think they can use 2024 as a get ahead year to create some cap flex moving forward. So far most indications are this is exactly what they're doing, but still plenty of time for them to make me look foolish for even saying that. I still think it would be smart to move on from someone in the Parsons, Bland, Prescott, Lamb group to really open up the cap moving forward but who knows if that will actually happen or not.

What really surprises me if they are doing a soft/quick rebuild why not look to deal a couple guys who could likely be gone after this year anyways? Could you deal a guy like OSA for a 2nd? Maybe a Dlaw or Martin?
They’re not creative enough to do these things. This requires work. They’re lazy. They might be doing a soft rebuild. It won’t fix anything. It’ll lead right back to where we are now.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
--- Let Tyron Smith walk
They have a plan for Dak's contract. They were prepared for Tyron to walk. Henry cost to much and is too old.

No evidence of tanking. Try again.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
And I know it is not a popular thing but I would try to trade any of those for multiple picks for the future. If you could get (2) 1st round picks for Lamb/Parsons and even add a later rounder also, I do it. Since this franchise doesn't want to spend in FA, then load up on future draft picks to allow a reset and not having to "setting the market" for our players, which lead to salary cap issues.

You should be building around Lamb or Parsons.

If you can get a mountain of picks for Lamb I’d do it but Parsons is way to rare.

I want Caleb Williams for Parsons. That’s it.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Without saying it ( because we know the words from Dallas front office can't be trusted) but the actions is showing what this team is doing:

--- Let Tyron Smith walk

And with the 2025 season looking bleak with all the dead salary coming -- this team is reloading for 2026
2024 draft + 2025 draft.

No Dak after 2024.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
its ok, you have a disease, and you arent alone.

a lot of fans try to put a nice spin on whats going on because reality has darker future.

No, thats not whats going on, a lot of fans have ot accept you cant put a good spin on a franchise that just wants money. you have to accept the fact that people dont get it. The Jones boys tell you every year "its not about the SB, its about the money" and every year fans try to put a good spin on it. it really does affect families because they have to look at this poor soul and say "we have to help them:"

There is a cure and there is help, but putting a good spin on something this bad doesnt help you. No, greedy people are not helping the world.

exciter

Reaction score

--- Let Tyron Smith walk

Lol!
Dak will be resigned… it’s only a question of when.
Majority have felt they should have moved on from Tyron years ago. Contract he received reinforces that belief. Tyler will move out to tackle and Bass who looks to have the skillset to play RG “even” will slide in.
It’s been proven repeatedly that signing 30 yo RBs is a mistake, much less outside FAs. The front office didn’t make the same silly mistake they did with Eddie George. Good to see some growth instead of “I’ve heard his name before” evaluatio!

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Lol!
Dak will be resigned… it’s only a question of when.
Majority have felt they should have moved on from Tyron years ago. Contract he received reinforces that belief. Tyler will move out to tackle and Bass who looks to have the skillset to play RG “even” will slide in.
It’s been proven repeatedly that signing 30 yo RBs is a mistake, much less outside FAs. The front office didn’t make the same silly mistake they did with Eddie George. Good to see some growth instead of “I’ve heard his name before” evaluatio!
yeah I am ok with Henry not being signed, and even Saquon, but this team is definitely not "all in" and just more stupidity by our front office to even say it. If you make this whole thing about RB and it seems that is what everybody is focused on, then yeah you may have a point, but we have WAY more needs than just RB (LB, DL, OL, WR to name just a few), and as long as Dak is our QB we are going to need a whole lot of talent to compensate and make it further into the playoffs.
I won't get into the stupidity of extending Dak because Jerry & son are going to do what Jerry always does regardless of what is best for the team. All we have left is hope that we can overload this team with so much talent (not this year apparently) that even Dak can't mess it up.
Despite my rambling I do think Dak is talented and before last year, I had some faith he could possibly take this team all the way if things fell in place, but after last year and his consistancy at failing to lead when the pressure is on, I really do not think he should be extended at all. If he wants an extension, let him play out his last year of the contract. Not like we are using that salary cap for anything else anyways.

Last edited:

Gambit

Reaction score

--- Let Tyron Smith walk

So every team who didn't call Henry is 33% tanking?

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t believe they are tanking and even if they wanted to, they wouldn’t know how to. This board will shatter when Dak is extended. Do you really think Jerry will try to waste a year with where he’s at in life?

I think they want Dak at the helm. I just don’t think they know how to handle being bent over by Dak and his agent anymore. They’ll come kiss his ring soon enough, and add cheap players to boot.