The Cowboys are tanking

TheCritic

Reaction score
Glad to see more Cowboys fans facing reality. The time to hit the reset button occurred right after the Packers loss. The window for a shot at a SB officially closed. At least this time, the Cowboys don't seem to doubling down on more salary cap debt. Time to rebuild and clean house!

Flamma

Reaction score
Nothing the Cowboys have done is out of character. Everything so far is business as usual.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
Without saying it ( because we know the words from Dallas front office can't be trusted) but the actions is showing what this team is doing:

--- Will not extend Dak until training camp, if they do at all
--- Let Tyron Smith walk
--- Didn't even call RB Henry

And with the 2025 season looking bleak with all the dead salary coming -- this team is reloading for 2026
Archie Manning may come out in 2026, he’d be my target. A boarder line playoff team like Dallas would be smart to plan now to get him.

coult44

Reaction score
Without saying it ( because we know the words from Dallas front office can't be trusted) but the actions is showing what this team is doing:

--- Let Tyron Smith walk

And with the 2025 season looking bleak with all the dead salary coming -- this team is reloading for 2026
But the people here who have been begging for it will still not be happy about it.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I don’t believe they are tanking and even if they wanted to, they wouldn’t know how to. This board will shatter when Dak is extended. Do you really think Jerry will try to waste a year with where he’s at in life?

I think they want Dak at the helm. I just don’t think they know how to handle being bent over by Dak and his agent anymore. They’ll come kiss his ring soon enough, and add cheap players to boot.
Yep -- Both Jerry and Stephen made the mistake of falling in love with Dak like they have with so many others. Now that he's taking advantage of that situation, they're befuddled as to know what to do about it.

I fully expect them to stall in a vain attempt to save face but it won't work. They will just capitulate to Dak and his agent to preserve their chances of keeping the money rolling in. They don't have to win it all, they just have to win enough to make it pay the millions that they make by doing what they've been doing so far.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Their priorities are Dak, CeeDee and Parsons. It’s preventing the team from signing high priced free agents. They’re banking on the draft.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The jones boys could be tanking, but they could also just be this stupid.
In the past they wanted to give dak the best team possible to win in playoffs.
Then the GB game was a disaster, so now it seems they are not going to give him the best team possible.

Just the opposite seems to be the case, why I dont know, I just know that with a tough schedule, and mm still the HC,
I think they are going to lose enough games to not make playoffs, but still have a middle of the pack draft slot.

If you going to tank you need to get a top spot, not in the middle.

Did they tank in 2015?? or did they try and just wound up at the bottom?

Any way you look at it for some cowboy fans 24 is going to be a bad season.

The only player from this team I would want to keep is parsons.
Lamb I would use for draft picks, wr are easier to get.
Dak I would let him walk.
MM would let him walk

Motorola

Reaction score

--- Let Tyron Smith walk

They have a plan for Dak's contract. They were prepared for Tyron to walk. Henry cost to much and is too old.

No evidence of tanking. Try again.
Three consecutive 12-5 seasons, resulting in three playoff berths (with two of the games at home)...and the notion Dallas is tanking the 2024 season?
No matter how convoluted the offseason moves to date appears to many fans now - the Cowboys FO is not conceding 2024 division title (= guaranteed playoff berth) to its division rivals that have just as many obstacles to overcome and hard decisions to make.

doomsday9084

Reaction score

--- Let Tyron Smith walk

Yes. Finally. Someone says it.

McCarthy is a lame duck. Dak will be a lame duck. They are the exact opposite of "all in". This team is just trying to get through this year to start clearing cap. Get a new coach and QB and pop up in 2026.

ghst187

Reaction score
I don’t think they plan to tank, it’s just gonna happen.

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
You should be building around Lamb or Parsons.

If you can get a mountain of picks for Lamb I’d do it but Parsons is way to rare.

I want Caleb Williams for Parsons. That’s it.
Parsons is not worth as much as you think. Nobody is gong. To trade that much on a rental. They would have to be looking at signing him to a long term deal and that would cost a lot of money. Raiders may deal

Flamma

Reaction score
Parsons is not worth as much as you think. Nobody is gong. To trade that much on a rental. They would have to be looking at signing him to a long term deal and that would cost a lot of money. Raiders may deal
The Bears too.