The Cowboys are tanking

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
The Bears too.
That’s was my idea trade parsons to the bears for their 9th pick in first rd and second d. that would give you 5 top 100 picks. I am gong. To do a simulation on it and see who you could maybe get

Flamma

Reaction score
Their priorities are Dak, CeeDee and Parsons. It’s preventing the team from signing high priced free agents. They’re banking on the draft.
That's how it will shape out, and it will look like they didn't have more space. They could clear out 50M in cap space with extensions to both Dak and Lamb. But they won't do that. Because they don't need all of that space.

Flamma

Reaction score
That’s was my idea trade parsons to the bears for their 9th pick in first rd and second d. that would give you 5 top 100 picks. I am gong. To do a simulation on it and see who you could maybe get
Just one first round pick? I know they won't give up the first overall, they need a QB. But add a first round pick from next year.

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
Just one first round pick? I know they won't give up the first overall, they need a QB. But add a first round pick from next year.
Ok never mind on the bears. I just checked after the trade today they only have four picks in the entire draft left. They are picking 1,9,75 and 122 that’s all they got. So they will be looking to pick up picks not give them away.

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
Ok never mind on the bears. I just checked after the trade today they only have four picks in the entire draft left. They are picking 1,9,75 and 122 that’s all they got. So they will be looking to pick up picks not give them away.
That number 9 pick will be for sale to the highest bidder is my quess. Since we now know who is going. Number 1

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
I don’t believe they are tanking and even if they wanted to, they wouldn’t know how to. This board will shatter when Dak is extended. Do you really think Jerry will try to waste a year with where he’s at in life?

I think they want Dak at the helm. I just don’t think they know how to handle being bent over by Dak and his agent anymore. They’ll come kiss his ring soon enough, and add cheap players to boot.
Extending Dak is wasting years.

JayFord

Reaction score
they do this every year in free agency then the team puts up 12 wins and a playoff exit

they'll probably put up 10 wins and a wc loss like normal

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Yes. Finally. Someone says it.

McCarthy is a lame duck. Dak will be a lame duck. They are the exact opposite of "all in". This team is just trying to get through this year to start clearing cap. Get a new coach and QB and pop up in 2026.
I'm not sure Dak should be considered a true lame duck unless he was going to retire. I think a true lame duck situation lacks the incentive to excel, but he would need a good season to showcase his continued qualifications if he was planning on continuing his career via FA.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
they do this every year in free agency then the team puts up 12 wins and a playoff exit

they'll probably put up 10 wins and a wc loss like normal
I'm not so sure about those 10-12 W's this year. We're dumping a pile of players this year while ignoring FA prospects. I don't think we can depend on the draft to pick up that much slack. I guess we'll have to go dumpster diving at Home Depot, which doesn't exactly sound like 10 or 12 wins to me. :omg:

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I don't see an organic tanking. They are running on a lame duck season, which will probably end in disaster.
Said before, lame ducks wind up as dead ducks. Not waiting until TC to try to negotiate with Dak is the FO way of saying it probably will not get done. No agent is gonna want to let that happen due to risk of injury even in practice, and then there goes the big contract. That's why they usually recommend for players to hold out. This is already a three ring circus with Dak, Lamb and Micah.....let's see what the ringmaster does.

DCwarrior

Reaction score
I don’t believe they are tanking and even if they wanted to, they wouldn’t know how to. This board will shatter when Dak is extended. Do you really think Jerry will try to waste a year with where he’s at in life?

I think they want Dak at the helm. I just don’t think they know how to handle being bent over by Dak and his agent anymore. They’ll come kiss his ring soon enough, and add cheap players to boot.
Did he get a ring for his 1 MVP vote? If not then he has no ring to kiss.

JPostSam

Reaction score
as of today, the roster is bottom half in the nfl, maybe bottom third.

they’re doing next to nothing in free agency, and draft capital is minimal.

that’s (checks notes)… very bad.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Without saying it ( because we know the words from Dallas front office can't be trusted) but the actions is showing what this team is doing:

--- Will not extend Dak until training camp, if they do at all
--- Let Tyron Smith walk
--- Didn't even call RB Henry

And with the 2025 season looking bleak with all the dead salary coming -- this team is reloading for 2026
Don't even call Aaron Jones.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Without saying it ( because we know the words from Dallas front office can't be trusted) but the actions is showing what this team is doing:

--- Let Tyron Smith walk

And with the 2025 season looking bleak with all the dead salary coming -- this team is reloading for 2026
It would take a lot more evidence than that to indicate a tank.

If they benched Dak and went with Rush, that would be evidence of a tank.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

--- Let Tyron Smith walk

More like they aren't trying. I don't think they care or that they absolutely don't know how to build a team. They should just hire a real GM like what Washington did. We are going to be at the bottom for many years to come.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
You're not "tanking" with Dak still at QB in 2024. The team would still good enough to stumble and bumble their way to 9-10 wins and probably be in contention for a final WC spot. I think even Jerry and Stephen can figure that out.
I just think they're doing their normal act of ignoring free agency as they have the past 10+ offseasons.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Unfortunately their standard operating procedure just looks like tanking.
Yeah, everybody looks at what is going on and the only logical conclusion is "they are tanking, its going to be a soft reboot, that is the plan"!!!

You want to know what is scary???

They might actually be trying and this is just the early results:omg:

khiladi

Reaction score
NFC East isn’t even guaranteed for the Cowboys anymore to give at least 5-6 wins… Commanders are easily positioned for drafting a new QB…