The Cowboys are tied for the 2nd most Super Bowl Championships in the last 29 seasons

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If I was one of the younger fans who’ve never experienced seeing the Cowboys play in a Super Bowl then them reaching a SuperBowl would probably be good enough for me. I’ve experienced the highs of the Cowboys winning Super Bowl’s and the lows of them losing Super Bowl’s. The low from them losing a Super Bowl stays with you longer than the high you get from seeing them win a Super Bowl at least for me.

rpntex

Reaction score
Wasn’t that started in 1997? I didn’t get my first computer until 1998.

Close...1993. The reason I know you is because I met my wife on AOL in spring of ‘94.

Carter

Reaction score
Yeah what a great stat. How about the last 22 years? Cowboys are tied last with 0 Appearances. They didnt even reach an NFC Championship Game in that span.

I mean Cowboys are certainly still good if you are living in the Past.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
...that the Cowboys are tied for the 2nd most Super Bowl Championships in the last 29 seasons?

5-4 New England Patriots

3-2 Denver Broncos
3-1 New York Giants
3-0 Dallas Cowboys

2-2 Pittsburgh Steelers
2-1 Green Bay Packers
2-1 San Francisco 49ers
2-0 Baltimore Ravens

1-2 Seattle Seahawks
1-1 Indianapolis Colts
1-1 Philadelphia Eagles
1-1 St. Louis Rams
1-0 New Orleans Saints
1-0 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1-0 Washington Commanders

0-4 Buffalo Bills
0-2 Atlanta Falcons
0-2 Carolina Panthers
0-1 Arizona Cardinals
0-1 Chicago Bears
0-1 Oakland Raiders
0-1 San Diego Chargers
0-1 Tennessee Titans

0-0 Cincinnati Bengals
0-0 Cleveland Browns
0-0 Detroit Lions
0-0 Houston Texans
0-0 Jacksonville Jaguars
0-0 Kansas City Chiefs
0-0 Miami Dolphins
0-0 Minnesota Vikings
0-0 New York Jets

I'm not saying the last 22 years have been great. I'm just saying that it could be worse...
If you go back far enough, the Lions were champions :rolleyes:

dckid

Reaction score
...that the Cowboys are tied for the 2nd most Super Bowl Championships in the last 29 seasons?

5-4 New England Patriots

3-2 Denver Broncos
3-1 New York Giants
3-0 Dallas Cowboys

2-2 Pittsburgh Steelers
2-1 Green Bay Packers
2-1 San Francisco 49ers
2-0 Baltimore Ravens

1-2 Seattle Seahawks
1-1 Indianapolis Colts
1-1 Philadelphia Eagles
1-1 St. Louis Rams
1-0 New Orleans Saints
1-0 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

0-4 Buffalo Bills
0-2 Atlanta Falcons
0-2 Carolina Panthers
0-1 Arizona Cardinals
0-1 Chicago Bears
0-1 Oakland Raiders
0-1 San Diego Chargers
0-1 Tennessee Titans

0-0 Cincinnati Bengals
0-0 Cleveland Browns
0-0 Detroit Lions
0-0 Houston Texans
0-0 Jacksonville Jaguars
0-0 Kansas City Chiefs
0-0 Miami Dolphins
0-0 Minnesota Vikings
0-0 New York Jets

I'm not saying the last 22 years have been great. I'm just saying that it could be worse...
Statistics are like a bikini, what they show is interesting what they hide is essential!!!

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Yet "23 seasons without a SB" is repeated ad nauseum as if that is relevant to the team's chances this coming year. BTW there are 18 teams that have waited longer for a SB. Context should matter but it doesn't.
have the chief architects of those 18 organizations changed during that time period? of course! you see, we are STUCK with the Jones family trying to prove THEY can win a Super Bowl. Jimmy won those Super Bowls...the TRUTH is that the Jones family have 2 playoff wins in the last 23 years...and they continue to be the chief architects...if these paltry results have not encouraged them to change....and has not caused the fans to withhold their resources...I'm afraid NOTHING ever will. 23, 24 25...is that a big difference from 20, 21 or 22 years? WE...the FANS...have financed their aspirations. We....the FANS...have directly and indirectly co-signed their grandiose vision. My interest has waned the last 3 years....and honestly...I hope thousands more join me. Our only hope for change is us...the FANS!

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
One of those, if you look hard enough stats, you'll find it

visionary

Reaction score

5-4 New England Patriots

3-2 Denver Broncos
3-1 New York Giants
3-0 Dallas Cowboys

2-2 Pittsburgh Steelers
2-1 Green Bay Packers
2-1 San Francisco 49ers
2-0 Baltimore Ravens

1-2 Seattle Seahawks
1-1 Indianapolis Colts
1-1 Philadelphia Eagles
1-1 St. Louis Rams
1-0 New Orleans Saints
1-0 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

0-4 Buffalo Bills
0-2 Atlanta Falcons
0-2 Carolina Panthers
0-1 Arizona Cardinals
0-1 Chicago Bears
0-1 Oakland Raiders
0-1 San Diego Chargers
0-1 Tennessee Titans

0-0 Cincinnati Bengals
0-0 Cleveland Browns
0-0 Detroit Lions
0-0 Houston Texans
0-0 Jacksonville Jaguars
0-0 Kansas City Chiefs
0-0 Miami Dolphins
0-0 Minnesota Vikings
0-0 New York Jets

:laugh::flagwave:

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
If you are fan of the Cowboys and you are 30 or younger, you have nothing to celebrate.

That's true and it sucks to be a young fan of the team for that reason. Some of us geezers have seen all 5. Keep the faith, it will happen. What is faith? Faith is believing there is something to be sensed, even if it can't be sensed.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I would say that I remeber a time long, long ago when the team was good. I may have to watch A Football Life to remember it because it was so long ago, but my memory gets jogged.
13-3 2 years ago was pretty good. You will say “but but they didn’t win a playoff game”. It’s like the Romo haters, “he never won anything”. Poor display of character.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
13-3 2 years ago was pretty good. You will say “but but they didn’t win a playoff game”. It’s like the Romo haters, “he never won anything”. Poor display of character.
Do you buy sugar in bulk, Doug?

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
If I was one of the younger fans who’ve never experienced seeing the Cowboys play in a Super Bowl then them reaching a SuperBowl would probably be good enough for me. I’ve experienced the highs of the Cowboys winning Super Bowl’s and the lows of them losing Super Bowl’s. The low from them losing a Super Bowl stays with you longer than the high you get from seeing them win a Super Bowl at least for me.

Yes agreed, the lows of losing are longer lasting that the highs of winning. I remember the "catch" against the 49'ers, the Jackie Smith flop. several catches by Swann and Stalworth. And the catch that wasn't a catch by Dez. Also last pass by Rogers in 2016 that broke our back. The killer plays that lost SB games or key playoff games stay with me longer than great plays for some strange reason

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Know what else is a "poor display of character"?

Contributing nothing to a forum other than sowing discord, animosity, and hostility.
Funny thing about Doug is, when he does actually post about the Cowboys in the few posts actually discussing the team, he isn’t even positive. He is whining then, too.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Funny thing about Doug is, when he does actually post about the Cowboys in the few posts actually discussing the team, he isn’t even positive. He is whining then, too.

I just don't understand how that pattern of behavior is allowed to continue.

When you bring nothing other than animosity, arguments, and ill will, you shouldn't have the privilege of posting.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
the cowboys havnt been relevant in the hunt for the superbowl for a long time it is what it is until their are changes made at the top going to stay this way