Video: The Cowboys are worse than you think

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I heard on NFLN a while ago that McCarthy's saying he's not behind the idea of simplifying the defense. :rolleyes:

Rather than doing that, he prefers to have the players learn their responsibilities as the year goes along. :eek:

With that being so, the Cowboys won't have to do anything to tank the season -- it will happen naturally. o_O

Last edited:

75boyz

Reaction score
I heard on NFL Network a while that McCarthy is saying he's not behind the idea of simplifying the defense.

Rather than doing that, he prefers to have the players learn their responsibilities as the year goes along. :eek:

Then I'm becoming more confused. Because I thought published reports made it seem as though the drafting philosophy and coaching in general under this staff was all about the coaching adapting to the player and not the player adapting to the scheme. Is this not what was put out?

Headscratcher for me

Probsbly just me

Go Cowboys

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Then I'm becoming more confused. Because I thought published reports made it seem as though the drafting philosophy and coaching in general under this staff was all about the coaching adapting to the player and not the player adapting to the scheme. Is this not what was put out?

Headscratcher for me

Probsbly just me

Go Cowboys

Yep, I said the same stuff days ago.

Evidently, McCarthy confirmed my fears lately.
Looks like we'll be getting high draft picks next year! :huh:

Last edited:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Make the defense better?
I'm good with that if there's a premier defensive player available. But I wouldn't simply chose a defensive player if a player like Lawrence is available with our pick.
I'll pass up an Aikman for a LT or Reggie White. I'm not passing him up for a Greg Ellis or Broderick Thomas (remember him?).

Jarntt

Reaction score
He can't use Super expensive offensive line and then quote bad stats???
After Martin our OL 2020 salaries are: $610K, $610K, $675K and $979K

SumGuy

Reaction score
The guy in the video must not know how little some think of the team right now. Though he does have a point about the upcoming games. By the time we play the Eagles, we could be 3-4 (or even 4-3 with some luck), and the Eagles could easily be 2-4-1. The Eagles have already played 3 easier opponents, and have come out only 1-1-1 against them. Their schedule the rest of the way is pretty rough -- I can see them finishing the year 6-9-1. I think we can do better than that, just maybe not much better...

JayFord

Reaction score
No theyre arent

the defensive side can’t be worse than whats being seen this is rock bottom

the offense has its issues but they arent to blame.....all offenses make mistakes

Flamma

Reaction score
I'm still not throwing in the towel. The defense has to get better. Whether it's through changing scheme or injured players coming back, it has to get better. If that happens the sky is the limit for this team. I don't care how bad the division is. Winning the division is not the goal. The goal is to win a championship.

scottsp

Reaction score
The offense is not without blame here. I mean, when they find themselves down three scores, Dallas becomes dangerous. Tight games requiring heightened situational awareness, not so much.

Some of that goes to a makeshift offensive line dealing with injury to starters, I get that. But this isn’t a new problem.

The defense being an epic level of awful diverts focus. We should take great issue with nine turnovers thus far, but Xavier Woods wanders, daydreams, and watches. I’d love to address more about Tony Pollard’s weekly mental block as a kick returner. Too bad we have trouble setting edges and keeping contain.

It’s bad enough that other important points are swept under, for many among us.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
right now the cowboys and jones boys are doing the same thing and expecting different results!!!!!!!!!!!:huh:

So what I wonder, will we see different game plan etc in the giants game, or more of Air Kellen???????:laugh:

Will they make any changes on defense?????
gonna be fun to watch, but I dont know whether to pick cowboys or giants to win lol.
Will JG go all out for this game , I know he wants to beat the team that fired him, aka jones boys.
Can he get his offense going? does he see that anyone can run on the cowboys?? all he has to do
is copy cleveland game plan and plays lol is he smart enough to do that??

CWR

Reaction score
The secondary is Horrible and Jerry won’t pull the trigger on a FA. This defense isn’t what the front office was thinking it would be by a long shot. This game against the giants better go as scripted or I believe heads will roll...despite what people think

The secondary is not good, and maybe horrible as you said, BUT our FO won't be as critical of them with our top 2 CBs out.

I thought this secondary would be good enough HOWEVER, I was anticipating a strong pass rush and I thought Haha was going to be a good, not spectacular safety.

How in the hell he got cut considering the trash we've witnessed is beyond me. He has to be terrible.

blueblood70

Reaction score
He can't use Super expensive offensive line and then quote bad stats???
After Martin our OL 2020 salaries are: $610K, $610K, $675K and $979K
the ones on IR count as well, they dont go away LC and TS make more then all those combined lol