Video: The Cowboys are worse than you think

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
I couldn't have said that any better. All this "tank & go get Lawrence" is ridiculous gibberish. It's not going to happen. As bad as this Cowboys team is they aren't likely to get less than 4-6 wins, that won't get you the 1st or 2nd pick. I'm certainly not in love with him but there's a lot of members on this forum that need to face up to the reality that Prescott will be the Cowboys QB for quite a few years.
Unless HE decides he doesn't want to be a Cowboy anymore.

I could see the Cowboys moving on from Dak, especially if they really only win 4 games. They could have Dak play on the franchise tag and give a rookie qb a redshirt season. Bring in a top prospect for McCarthy to develop. Trey Lance and Justin Fields are also top qb prospects likely to go into the top 5 so it isn't necessarily Trevor Lawrence or bust. If the Cowboys can get one of those qbs and use the extra cap space on defense, that might be better than paying Dak.

If they really win four games they won't have to spend a bunch of picks moving up. It may only take a 2nd round pick. Plus they could even trade Dak on the tag. I think there is a realistic shot they could get a first from a team like Indy. Not saying that is definitely the route I would want, but I'm more open to it now than at the start of the season.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It's far too easy to come to kneejerk conclusions right now. The offense is strong, while the defense is weak. We knew even before the season began that having a new staff would bear its own problems. Improvement is something that usually comes with necessary development anytime a new staff is installed. Let's allow this team to administer that development before assuming the season is wasted. It's far too early to do that. Today's game vs. the Giants will do a lot to determine the picture of the Cowboys' future. So will the games that follow.

Last edited:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Well, I don't think much of any poster who feels the need to degrade others because he doesn't agree w/ them.

I'm degrading people who claim to be Cowboys fans but WANT THEM TO LOSE. What real fan wants the Cowboys to lose?

cowboyec

Reaction score
no....they are not.
on the contrary.
i believe this will be our finest hour.

75boyz

Reaction score
Not worse than I think.

As my earlier thread suggested. Based on the first half performance by the defensive front 7, yes the defensive front 7 is worse than I thought.
The only thing that could convince me otherwise is a second half curb stomping of the Giant oline. Even then, this division sucks so royally that it doesn't make any difference anyways, lol.