The Cowboys basically added Luke Kuechly and Jason Taylor

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
And to think Romo had a better O line, Dez and Witten in their prime along with Demarco and arguably the best O line his last few seasons whereas Dak has had a slightly worse or equivalent O line, no Pro Bowl recievers or TE’s in their prime but does have Zeke. Not too shabby for a 2nd year QB who made the playoffs his first season, went 13-3 and almost beat one of the best QB’s in the game.
BOOM!
:hammer:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
2nd year. What was Romo’s excuse (other than going to Cabo to get his mack on) for falling apart to the Giants in the playoffs (at home) after going 13-3 in the regular season with one of the most talented teams we’ve seen in awhile. His stellar 50% completion rate and QBR must have all been the coaches and receivers fault :rolleyes:
:clap::thumbup:

Proof

Reaction score
2nd year. What was Romo’s excuse (other than going to Cabo to get his mack on) for falling apart to the Giants in the playoffs (at home) after going 13-3 in the regular season with one of the most talented teams we’ve seen in awhile. His stellar 50% completion rate and QBR must have all been the coaches and receivers fault :rolleyes:

Who’s making excuses? I already agreed with your original premise. The rest of the nonsense you were spewing fell apart on it’s own. I like Dak and I like Romo. I’m sorry that you don’t. I hope your position is defensible this year or eventually because that’s more success for the team and fans. Until then tho...sorry

Dre11

Reaction score
You have to know the op. He's from the ranch, and is known to make outlandish posts.

waving monkey

Reaction score
not a fair question like a dear friend used to say " difficult to explain".

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And to think Romo had a better O line, Dez and Witten in their prime along with Demarco and arguably the best O line his last few seasons whereas Dak has had a slightly worse or equivalent O line, no Pro Bowl recievers or TE’s in their prime but does have Zeke. Not too shabby for a 2nd year QB who made the playoffs his first season, went 13-3 and almost beat one of the best QB’s in the game.

Dak still had.

One of the best OL, the best OL we had was in daks 1st season. wit still catching more than career average at 1 less yard per catch, not much different. And we have the best RB in the league.

When Dak doesn't have the best OL and RB to bail him out he fails to move the offense. Romo didn't have that luxury for most of his career. While he did have a few years with a better defense we struggled running the ball with barber, Jones, tashard, etc with a maybe league average offensive line untill late in his carreer. No comparison and doesn't need to be with how we are built offensively.

aria

Reaction score
Dak still had.

One of the best OL, the best OL we had was in daks 1st season. wit still catching more than career average at 1 less yard per catch, not much different. And we have the best RB in the league.

When Dak doesn't have the best OL and RB to bail him out he fails to move the offense. Romo didn't have that luxury for most of his career. While he did have a few years with a better defense we struggled running the ball with barber, Jones, tashard, etc with a maybe league average offensive line untill late in his carreer. No comparison and doesn't need to be with how we are built offensively.
So he was able to sweep that same Giants team twice during that season, decides to take a vacation during their bye after going 13-3 and comes back to have one his worst games. Convenient how he miraculously led that team to 13-3 but once again choked when it mattered most.

I’m not sold on Dak yet either but he has plenty of time to prove himself and has done a fairly excellent job most oh his short career.

Romo had a decade to prove himself and came up with a couple playoff wins. Some of those most critical losses fell directly on Romo making ill timed throws, forcing the ball instead of getting rid of it and his injuries were largely a result of him hanging onto the ball too long. In other words, his most epic failures were in large part due to himself not the coaches, defense, o line, turf surfaces, weather patterns and every other excuse Romo lovers (who used to bash him) now make for him.

The two years we made it to week 17 and just had to win, Romo went out once the week before and another time a few weeks before, leaving JG with two incompetent QB’s to win what was essentially a playoff game with little to no time to prepare. Part of Romo’s weakness that ultimately cost him his career (and the Cowboys a potential playoff spot) was trying to make too much happen and not being smart with the football.

Flamma

Reaction score
Romo had a decade to prove himself and came up with a couple playoff wins. Some of those most critical losses fell directly on Romo making ill timed throws, forcing the ball instead of getting rid of it and his injuries were largely a result of him hanging onto the ball too long. In other words, his most epic failures were in large part due to himself not the coaches, defense, o line, turf surfaces, weather patterns and every other excuse Romo lovers (who used to bash him) now make for him.

The two years we made it to week 17 and just had to win, Romo went out once the week before and another time a few weeks before, leaving JG with two incompetent QB’s to win what was essentially a playoff game with little to no time to prepare. Part of Romo’s weakness that ultimately cost him his career (and the Cowboys a potential playoff spot) was trying to make too much happen and not being smart with the football.

Which critical losses? You mean that loss to the Giants? The team that went on to beat an undefeated team in the SB? I don't remember him sucking in that game. I remember Patrick sucking. It was not easy to move the ball against that Giants team in the playoffs. What other critical losses that actually mattered did he screw up? We were not a good team in '06. That pick against Washington last game of the season? Again, that team sucked. Which leads me to your final point. You're right, he did try to make too much happen. But did he need to? There were many times I can remember when Dallas absolutely had to move the ball because our D couldn't stop anything. He managed to put a lot of that in check in '14.

staubach24

Reaction score
Lol at least Jaylon had shown flashes that he can play. Gregory been a bum from the jump. Had a few good rushes week 1 as a rookie and nothing since. This thread is disrespectful to Jaylon[/QUOTE I agree with your thoughts on Jaylon, a good reach pick for Jerry, I just don't understand how the rest of the league slept on him. A first class player on and off the field, and as tough as they come. Considering the nature of his injury, he's right on schedule for where he's supposed to be, if not ahead. I think its a little to early to call Gregory a bust. He has game changing talent along the lines of a Charles Haley, although they will probably have to monitor him off the field because his weed habit was comparable to Josh Gordon.

aria

Reaction score
Which critical losses? You mean that loss to the Giants? The team that went on to beat an undefeated team in the SB? I don't remember him sucking in that game. I remember Patrick sucking. It was not easy to move the ball against that Giants team in the playoffs. What other critical losses that actually mattered did he screw up? We were not a good team in '06. That pick against Washington last game of the season? Again, that team sucked. Which leads me to your final point. You're right, he did try to make too much happen. But did he need to? There were many times I can remember when Dallas absolutely had to move the ball because our D couldn't stop anything. He managed to put a lot of that in check in '14.
We swept the Giants that season and had a bye to prepare, which he did by going to the beach. Ironically he comes back to throw a 50% completeion rate and a sub 70 QBR. In my book that sucks, I guess we have different standards.

He couldn’t hold a snap against Seattle which resulted in playoff loss.

In ‘08 we needed to beat the Eagles to get in the playoffs. Romo went a staggering 21 for 39 with 3 INT’s.

That “pick against Washington”? Try 3 picks, one being when they were only a few points behind and the INT led to a Washington TD.

Yes, at some times he needed to make things happen but many times he didn’t which often resulted in injury and setting us with scrub QB’s at the last minute to play what was essentially a playoff game.

It’s funny how many people here bashed Tony for years, many times due to the reasons I mentioned, but once he’s gone it’s considered tabboo.

Flamma

Reaction score
We swept the Giants that season and had a bye to prepare, which he did by going to the beach. Ironically he comes back to throw a 50% completeion rate and a sub 70 QBR. In my book that sucks, I guess we have different standards.

He couldn’t hold a snap against Seattle which resulted in playoff loss.

In ‘08 we needed to beat the Eagles to get in the playoffs. Romo went a staggering 21 for 39 with 3 INT’s.

That “pick against Washington”? Try 3 picks, one being when they were only a few points behind and the INT led to a Washington TD.

Yes, at some times he needed to make things happen but many times he didn’t which often resulted in injury and setting us with scrub QB’s at the last minute to play what was essentially a playoff game.

It’s funny how many people here bashed Tony for years, many times due to the reasons I mentioned, but once he’s gone it’s considered tabboo.

You know, sometimes defense plays a role. By the time we met that Giants team they were better, and we still almost beat them. Probably should have beaten them. History has shown us even the best QBs can look bad against good defense, ask Peyton Manning. The other stuff you're talking about are years the team sucked. In '06 we wouldn't have even made the playoffs had Drew Bledsoe not been replaced. But the team still wasn't good. I don't think Romo is this great QB, but I don't solely blame him for those 8-8 seasons. Those teams were just bad, and those games were equal to putting a wounded animal out of its misery.