The Cowboys basically added Luke Kuechly and Jason Taylor

Dwight

Reaction score
As of now both players haven’t produced anything compared to Luke and Jason but they are on those players level?

This is hilarious.

aria

Reaction score
You know, sometimes defense plays a role. By the time we met that Giants team they were better, and we still almost beat them. Probably should have beaten them. History has shown us even the best QBs can look bad against good defense, ask Peyton Manning. The other stuff you're talking about are years the team sucked. In '06 we wouldn't have even made the playoffs had Drew Bledsoe not been replaced. But the team still wasn't good. I don't think Romo is this great QB, but I don't solely blame him for those 8-8 seasons. Those teams were just bad, and those games were equal to putting a wounded animal out of its misery.
I don’t think the Giants D was that good to cause him to throw a 50% completion rate. Face it, he had a bad game and it happened to be in the playoffs. That Giants team wasn’t as good as ours and our d held them to a respectable number of points to give the offense a chance. They wanted it more and while they were fighting for their playoff lives in a wild card game, Tony was sipping umbrella drinks with Jessica Simpson and Witten playing hide the weenie when he should have spent every minute studying game film. I believe it was after that game that his comment “oh well, there’s more important things in life” summed up his thought process and lack of preparation before the game. I think beating them twice and having them at home made him complacent and it showed on the field.

I don’t solely blame those 8-8 teams on Romo but when he throws 3 picks it’s hard not to point the finger at him more than almost any other player and the way people idolize him around here would have me not believe he’s largely responsible for some critical losses.

Kaiser

Reaction score
If Randy Gregory really does earn a starting spot he will get a dozen sacks and be a spectacular story. The odds of that (for this year) are pretty small but that would be an incredible story.

Jaylon is for real though, no question.

Flamma

Reaction score
I don’t think the Giants D was that good to cause him to throw a 50% completion rate. Face it, he had a bad game and it happened to be in the playoffs. That Giants team wasn’t as good as ours and our d held them to a respectable number of points to give the offense a chance. They wanted it more and while they were fighting for their playoff lives in a wild card game, Tony was sipping umbrella drinks with Jessica Simpson and Witten playing hide the weenie when he should have spent every minute studying game film. I believe it was after that game that his comment “oh well, there’s more important things in life” summed up his thought process and lack of preparation before the game. I think beating them twice and having them at home made him complacent and it showed on the field.

I don’t solely blame those 8-8 teams on Romo but when he throws 3 picks it’s hard not to point the finger at him more than almost any other player and the way people idolize him around here would have me not believe he’s largely responsible for some critical losses.

LOL great stuff and I'm not sure I wouldn't have been doing the same thing in his situation. He was thrust (no pun intended) into that position so quickly, sometimes it's hard to maintain focus. But you're probably right on your assessment about being complacent along with the bold. But not on the Giants D. That D was really tough in the playoffs. Remember, they held the Pats to 14 points. That 10 minute plus drive we had against the Giants wasn't because of how good our offense was at controlling the clock, it was because of how tough it was to move on that team. I remember being worried.

What did you expect from those 8-8 teams? Who said Romo was some elite superstar? He was a good QB. Better than I ever expected when he replaced Bledsoe.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
And to think Romo had a better O line, Dez and Witten in their prime along with Demarco and arguably the best O line his last few seasons whereas Dak has had a slightly worse or equivalent O line, no Pro Bowl recievers or TE’s in their prime but does have Zeke. Not too shabby for a 2nd year QB who made the playoffs his first season, went 13-3 and almost beat one of the best QB’s in the game.
Don't forget HOF'r TO.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
aka Jaylon Smith and Randy Gregory.
Homers gotta homer.
homersimpsontvsportspennant.jpg

aria

Reaction score
LOL great stuff and I'm not sure I wouldn't have been doing the same thing in his situation. He was thrust (no pun intended) into that position so quickly, sometimes it's hard to maintain focus. But you're probably right on your assessment about being complacent along with the bold. But not on the Giants D. That D was really tough in the playoffs. Remember, they held the Pats to 14 points. That 10 minute plus drive we had against the Giants wasn't because of how good our offense was at controlling the clock, it was because of how tough it was to move on that team. I remember being worried.

What did you expect from those 8-8 teams? Who said Romo was some elite superstar? He was a good QB. Better than I ever expected when he replaced Bledsoe.
Who said he was an elite superstar? Have you read almkst every thread on here about the guy wince he retired? I agree he was good, he was very good, and above average but a major part of his legacy will always be not getting it done in big games. I’m not saying the 8-8 teams would have gone to the SB but didn’t the Giants win ome with a 9-7 team? Anything can happen but most likely, you’re right, they wouldn’t have done much but pad the Cowboys playoff appearance stats.

My point is that he had a tendency to get injured from holding on to the ball too long and trying to make too much happen. The two years we did go 8-8 due to Tony getting injured right at the end of the season could have ended up differently if he had played smarter, took better care of his body and had more pocket awareness. He got straight up mauled on some plays. Even with a bad O line that shouldn’t happen as often as it did.

I don’t even want to get into the whole Eli vs Romo thing but Eli has played behind much worse lines than Romo going on 6+ years now and he has never missed a game due to injury. No, he’s not as mobile as Tony but he knows when to get rid of the ball which is why he’s still playing and Tony isn’t. Really, Tony’s biggest downfall was himself.

aria

Reaction score
Exhibit A on "How to hijack a thread"
Happens every thread, sorry, but get over it. Most threads start off as one subject and finish with about 20 different people talking about 5 different things that have nothing to do with the original post.

starman22

Reaction score
Happens every thread, sorry, but get over it. Most threads start off as one subject and finish with about 20 different people talking about 5 different things that have nothing to do with the original post.

True, sorry.

I just figured you were about done with spewing your Tony Romo crap since we are 2 seasons away now from him even being on the team.

Flamma

Reaction score
Who said he was an elite superstar? Have you read almkst every thread on here about the guy wince he retired? I agree he was good, he was very good, and above average but a major part of his legacy will always be not getting it done in big games. I’m not saying the 8-8 teams would have gone to the SB but didn’t the Giants win ome with a 9-7 team? Anything can happen but most likely, you’re right, they wouldn’t have done much but pad the Cowboys playoff appearance stats.

My point is that he had a tendency to get injured from holding on to the ball too long and trying to make too much happen. The two years we did go 8-8 due to Tony getting injured right at the end of the season could have ended up differently if he had played smarter, took better care of his body and had more pocket awareness. He got straight up mauled on some plays. Even with a bad O line that shouldn’t happen as often as it did.

I don’t even want to get into the whole Eli vs Romo thing but Eli has played behind much worse lines than Romo going on 6+ years now and he has never missed a game due to injury. No, he’s not as mobile as Tony but he knows when to get rid of the ball which is why he’s still playing and Tony isn’t. Really, Tony’s biggest downfall was himself.

I can't disagree with much here. I used to get furious when he got injured as a result of doing that. How many times do we have to see that? But that 9-7 Giants team was actually a good team Better than their record going into the playoffs. None of our average teams was anywhere near their talent level. I don't know your age, but the Giants have a history of starting off slow and being a totally different team going into the playoffs. '86, '07, '11, and to some extent that 90 team. With the exception of the 90 team, none of those teams were that impressive midway through the season. Even the '93 team did it. We stomped them on Thanksgiving. I remember putting a 300 dollar bet on the Cowboys giving up 16 points and knowing I would win. By the last game of the season they were challenging us for the division. And it took OT to stop them.

aria

Reaction score
True, sorry.

I just figured you were about done with spewing your Tony Romo crap since we are 2 seasons away now from him even being on the team.
You got three words right. When I stop seeing his name brought up every week in threads I’ll stop spewing my crap. How about we stop talking about Earl Thomas until he actually gets here, if he ever does? How about we also stop talking about what a “bad” coach JG has been, it’s a new season with new coaches and new players? Let’s also stop talking about players who have done nothing but people act like their Pro Bowlers based on practice and pre one season game?

I was actually looking forward to pre season but it’s already annoyed me, I just can’t wait for the real season to get here so we can talk about real results in real games. Not one catch made in a pre season game, or one throw or one drop or one hit against back ups. It can’t get here fast enough.

Last edited:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

:hammer: