CFZ The Cowboys Bring Me No Joy Anymore

b0xZZ

Reaction score
Lol y’all never disappoint ! It’s possible we go in next week and beat minny

it’s hard to win in this league and it’s a week to week league

how many of you had them winning todays game with early predictions ? Probably not many yet a lot of you buried the packers recently

every week is different except our run defense that’s the same

BAD

I’ve been telling myself that for 27 years now. If this was a marriage I would have been divorced a long time ago and wouldn’t have gotten the dog.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I'm not as fired up as some folks because I'm no longer stunned when games like today happen. I don't get too high or too low. I just hope for the best.

NOT AT ALL, NOT EVEN MAD IT'S LIKE I EXPECT IT EVERY GAME

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I know this is going to get a lot of “well, just stop watching them” replies, but hear me out.

I’ve been a fan since I was 5, and haven’t missed a game in 15+ years. But the Cowboys just don’t bring me any joy anymore. I feel like they’re a redundant cycle of disappointment and I don’t see any evidence on the field that they’re going to change any time soon.

I vividly remember watching a game in 2002 against the Carolina Panthers. This was during the Quincy Carter years, and the offense was anemic. Well, they were down 13-0 until late in the game. They got super lucky and scored off a tipped pass, and Joey Galloway made it 13-7. Then, with a minute remaining, Carter found Antonio Bryant for the acrobatic, game winning score. After that touchdown, my 16 year old self went absolutely ballistic. I vividly remember running down my hallway, screaming about how miraculous that game was and I couldn’t wait to discuss it with my friends at school the next day.

That 2002 team finished 5-11, but I loved watching every second of every game.

Maybe I’m just jaded and overly cynical, but the Dallas Cowboys just don’t move me anymore. The regular season wins just don’t matter to me like they used to. The lack of playoff success has diminished my overall joy and excitement toward this team.

No matter what happens, I know that this team isn’t going to win when it matters. The last 27 years have conditioned me to that reality. And that sucks the joy out of it for me.

How do I find appreciation for the fun games again? How do I find the optimism? Am I alone in feeling this way?

This is just a thought-dump from a frustrated and worn out fan. Take it for what it is.
I think the Garrett years ruined it for me. You are spot on. It’s tough to be a fan.

75boyz

Reaction score
I know this is going to get a lot of “well, just stop watching them” replies, but hear me out.

I’ve been a fan since I was 5, and haven’t missed a game in 15+ years. But the Cowboys just don’t bring me any joy anymore. I feel like they’re a redundant cycle of disappointment and I don’t see any evidence on the field that they’re going to change any time soon.

I vividly remember watching a game in 2002 against the Carolina Panthers. This was during the Quincy Carter years, and the offense was anemic. Well, they were down 13-0 until late in the game. They got super lucky and scored off a tipped pass, and Joey Galloway made it 13-7. Then, with a minute remaining, Carter found Antonio Bryant for the acrobatic, game winning score. After that touchdown, my 16 year old self went absolutely ballistic. I vividly remember running down my hallway, screaming about how miraculous that game was and I couldn’t wait to discuss it with my friends at school the next day.

That 2002 team finished 5-11, but I loved watching every second of every game.

Maybe I’m just jaded and overly cynical, but the Dallas Cowboys just don’t move me anymore. The regular season wins just don’t matter to me like they used to. The lack of playoff success has diminished my overall joy and excitement toward this team.

No matter what happens, I know that this team isn’t going to win when it matters. The last 27 years have conditioned me to that reality. And that sucks the joy out of it for me.

How do I find appreciation for the fun games again? How do I find the optimism? Am I alone in feeling this way?

This is just a thought-dump from a frustrated and worn out fan. Take it for what it is.

Appreciate your sharing and genuine honesty of what a true fan should be feeling.

I think Haze said it maybe even a year or 2 back but it was something along the lines of he would be okay if they just fast forwarded to the playoffs because the regular season just didn't mean as much. I totally agreed with that take then and still do now.

The regular season journey has become quite predictable for this team if you have watched long enough.

So while I would like to offer sunshine and rainbows encouragement, just know I share in your feelings.
Misery loves company and all that, lol.

But look at it this way...
Only 81 more years to match the Chicago Cubs 108 year mark of futility.

So there's that!

stiletto

Reaction score
Hate to say it but you just have to accept your team as a WWF/WWE wrestler at this point. Have to hope they come out on top of a made up outcome. I am not sure I am far off anymore. Am I crazy?

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I agree with you and ironically had that same reaction to that game on the Antonio Bryant catch. Man did l like him for some reason!
Me too! That guy was so exciting to watch. That and the Emmitt Smith record breaking game were some of the only highlights of that season, but I enjoyed it so much more than I enjoy the team nowadays lol

Fmart322

Reaction score
Same for me, brother. My dad and uncle were diehards, so I was born into the same prison that you were. It’s hard to stop caring
I'm 54. I've been following the Cowboys for about 45+ years.
I'm convinced Jerry made a deal with Satan at the cross roads for that 3rd super bowl win vs Pittsburgh.
The issue i have with that is when will Satan collect on that contract?
We didn't sign it. Lol

Cowfan75

Reaction score
I get it.

I’ve been a fan since ‘71. Been through it all.

I know what I see. Just like you.

This franchise is tainted. At many levels. And I can’t believe I just witnessed another loss to Rodgers and GB. Just another loss in a big game when the bright lights are on.

I get it.

I’m glad I witnessed the real Cowboy teams. Just don’t think it will happen again in my lifetime.

Since '75, and I feel that. I used to hope, then worry, and now am quite certain I will never see my team win another Super Bowl. Or even make a Championship game, for that matter.

noletime95

Reaction score
I get it.

I’ve been a fan since ‘71. Been through it all.

I know what I see. Just like you.

This franchise is tainted. At many levels. And I can’t believe I just witnessed another loss to Rodgers and GB. Just another loss in a big game when the bright lights are on.

I get it.

I’m glad I witnessed the real Cowboy teams. Just don’t think it will happen again in my lifetime.
Since 78 for me. Feel the same

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Appreciate your sharing and genuine honesty of what a true fan should be feeling.

I think Haze said it maybe even a year or 2 back but it was something along the lines of he would be okay if they just fast forwarded to the playoffs because the regular season just didn't mean as much. I totally agreed with that take then and still do now.

The regular season journey has become quite predictable for this team if you have watched long enough.

So while I would like to offer sunshine and rainbows encouragement, just know I share in your feelings.
Misery loves company and all that, lol.

But look at it this way...
Only 81 more years to match the Chicago Cubs 108 year mark of futility.

So there's that!

well if nothing else, I’m glad I have some company in this fandom imprisonment lol. Appreciate the thoughts on it, brother

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hate to say it but you just have to accept your team as a WWF/WWE wrestler at this point. Have to hope they come out on top of a made up outcome. I am not sure I am far off anymore. Am I crazy?
I truly don’t know anymore either. The NFL has shifted their marketing to now call football “entertainment” instead of “a sport”. If it is at all predetermined, the league does a great job of keeping it under wraps and making sure none of the characters blow their cover. But at this point, nothing would surprise me

doomsday9084

Reaction score
What bothers me is that I just kind of get the impression that I care more about the Cowboys' success than the owner does. What Jerry cares about first and foremost is Jerry and that issue just kind of permeates the organization.

Its nice that Dallas is one of the best drafting teams in the NFL but it also kind of means that we lead the league in "false hope".

Pabst

Reaction score
The overall product has gotten worse. Not even just the Cowboys (although they are the poster-child for it), but the league in general.

It's all pomp and manufactured drama. Even worse with gambling so heavily involved now. My father and I were speaking before the game today, and I mentioned, tongue in cheek, that I couldn't wait to see how the officials bailed out Green Bay this time.

The song is on repeat, and all of us know the words.