CFZ The Cowboys Bring Me No Joy Anymore

plymkr

Reaction score
What bothers me is that I just kind of get the impression that I care more about the Cowboys' success than the owner does. What Jerry cares about first and foremost is Jerry and that issue just kind of permeates the organization.

Its nice that Dallas is one of the best drafting teams in the NFL but it also kind of means that we lead the league in "false hope".
I've been a fan since 75 and I feel the same as the OP. I think what has gotten me to this point is what you said. I genuinely feel I care more about the wins and losses then the Jones'. So if the owner of the team puts winning at a lower priority in his life then why should I prioritize the Cowboys winning? Sucks.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
the Cowboys are always reliable to be spectacularly disappointing. You’re right, there’s no way they should have lost this game.

I’m jealous that you got to witness the glory years first-hand. What a ride it must have been!

when they had Roger the Dodger and the triplets....i lived for miracles....now i expect them to throw away games as though its found out they betted against their team before game?????....not saying they would do

that but what would be the difference....you fold up like cardboard whimpy boxes is far beyond disappointing

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
when they had Roger the Dodger and the triplets....i lived for miracles....now i expect them to throw away games as though its found out they betted against their team before game?????....not saying they would do

that but what would be the difference....you fold up like cardboard whimpy boxes is far beyond disappointing

I watch 1995 Cowboys games during the week after games like this to relive better times.

J_Allen

Reaction score
I don't enjoy the games either. I was at work for most of the game, getting home at the start of the 4th quarter. I'm usually very tense when watching them because I know they are a penalty and a mistake waiting to happen. They are just a sloppy football team and have been for years.

For my health's sake - mental and physical - it's just not good for me to watch them anymore.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They're not even fun to watch esp our offense which is so basic and inept.
Boring football and rotten to the core from the owner to the imposter QB who has taken this team hostage with his contract.
Here's some advice ......Humor and laughter cause they are not worth any tears!

you are 100% correct the last tear was shed and there will never be another for them

J_Allen

Reaction score
I watch 1995 Cowboys games during the week after games like this to relive better times.

That team kind of resembled the teams we've seen for the last 27 years. They were just held together by what was left of Jimmy's team, a few core veterans. We had already lost several pieces. You could just tell we were on the decline.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I know this is going to get a lot of “well, just stop watching them” replies, but hear me out.

I’ve been a fan since I was 5, and haven’t missed a game in 15+ years. But the Cowboys just don’t bring me any joy anymore. I feel like they’re a redundant cycle of disappointment and I don’t see any evidence on the field that they’re going to change any time soon.

I vividly remember watching a game in 2002 against the Carolina Panthers. This was during the Quincy Carter years, and the offense was anemic. Well, they were down 13-0 until late in the game. They got super lucky and scored off a tipped pass, and Joey Galloway made it 13-7. Then, with a minute remaining, Carter found Antonio Bryant for the acrobatic, game winning score. After that touchdown, my 16 year old self went absolutely ballistic. I vividly remember running down my hallway, screaming about how miraculous that game was and I couldn’t wait to discuss it with my friends at school the next day.

That 2002 team finished 5-11, but I loved watching every second of every game.

Maybe I’m just jaded and overly cynical, but the Dallas Cowboys just don’t move me anymore. The regular season wins just don’t matter to me like they used to. The lack of playoff success has diminished my overall joy and excitement toward this team.

No matter what happens, I know that this team isn’t going to win when it matters. The last 27 years have conditioned me to that reality. And that sucks the joy out of it for me.

How do I find appreciation for the fun games again? How do I find the optimism? Am I alone in feeling this way?

This is just a thought-dump from a frustrated and worn out fan. Take it for what it is.

they may if lucky make wildcard...but either lose it but for sure lose divisional...at very best....they wont ever get my heart ever again

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
That team kind of resembled the teams we've seen for the last 27 years. They were just held together by what was left of Jimmy's team, a few core veterans. We had already lost several pieces. You could just tell we were on the decline.

That's true but that was also the last year the Cowboys were just so much better than the rest of the league they would win big even while playing sloppy. Good times for me.

J_Allen

Reaction score
That's true but that was also the last year the Cowboys were just so much better than the rest of the league they would win big even while playing sloppy. Good times for me.

All I'll say is, it's a good thing San Francisco lost to Green Bay in the playoffs. Switzer couldn't get that team ready to play them for anything.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't enjoy the games either. I was at work for most of the game, getting home at the start of the 4th quarter. I'm usually very tense when watching them because I know they are a penalty and a mistake waiting to happen. They are just a sloppy football team and have been for years.

For my health's sake - mental and physical - it's just not good for me to watch them anymore.

J_A;llen---could not say it better....not worth it....any joy they give you...they wil steal it and much more later

Staubacher

Reaction score
What is really sad for me is games like this used to make me rant and rave, give me a headache, and I'd be upset into the day on Monday.

And here we are a couple hours later and I'm already over it. Maybe I'm just older and more calm, or maybe the expectation level for me has dropped so far it's pathetic.
Same here. It's probably a good thing. The reality is this team isn't worth too much emotion with the clown running it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Cowboys are bringing a lot more pain and suffering than joy. Looks like they’re preparing to destroy another holiday season for their fans.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
I know this is going to get a lot of “well, just stop watching them” replies, but hear me out.

I’ve been a fan since I was 5, and haven’t missed a game in 15+ years. But the Cowboys just don’t bring me any joy anymore. I feel like they’re a redundant cycle of disappointment and I don’t see any evidence on the field that they’re going to change any time soon.

I vividly remember watching a game in 2002 against the Carolina Panthers. This was during the Quincy Carter years, and the offense was anemic. Well, they were down 13-0 until late in the game. They got super lucky and scored off a tipped pass, and Joey Galloway made it 13-7. Then, with a minute remaining, Carter found Antonio Bryant for the acrobatic, game winning score. After that touchdown, my 16 year old self went absolutely ballistic. I vividly remember running down my hallway, screaming about how miraculous that game was and I couldn’t wait to discuss it with my friends at school the next day.

That 2002 team finished 5-11, but I loved watching every second of every game.

Maybe I’m just jaded and overly cynical, but the Dallas Cowboys just don’t move me anymore. The regular season wins just don’t matter to me like they used to. The lack of playoff success has diminished my overall joy and excitement toward this team.

No matter what happens, I know that this team isn’t going to win when it matters. The last 27 years have conditioned me to that reality. And that sucks the joy out of it for me.

How do I find appreciation for the fun games again? How do I find the optimism? Am I alone in feeling this way?

This is just a thought-dump from a frustrated and worn out fan. Take it for what it is.

I agree, sick of losing when we should beat down on bad teams.

starfan1

Reaction score
starfan----but it is how you lose...up 28-14 in 4th QTR and Lose??????.....that is DC and OC maladustment
Won’t disagree it’s the run D but my point remains it isn’t easy to win in this league
Cowboys find different ways to screw up. Stupid penalties , bad routes , unwise throws