The Cowboy's cap projection over the next 3 years

Portnoy1

Reaction score
do what??? so swap him for Micah and get a first??? I'd take him for Micah too, he has more to his game
It would have to be straight up. If a pick is involved, it would be us sending it to them. Myles Is the better player.

If I knew the defensive coaching staff will remain here, I’d definitely do that.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It would have to be straight up. If a pick is involved, it would be us sending it to them. Myles Is the better player.

If I knew the defensive coaching staff will remain here, I’d definitely do that.
Easily the best post of your career here!!!!! I agree with everything you said, he's clearly a better player, but you can't tell people that on here because MIcah is all everything. He's good but he needs more fine tuning to his game

thunderpimp91

Reaction score

Nah Micah still has another year of rookie control after this meanwhile Garrett is about to be 30, getting to the end of his deal, already has around $60M of cap space sitting in void years, and given that he is due just $19M in cash next year means he could be a potential hold out. Unless Cleveland is eating his contract I would think Micah has more trade value.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

It's nice to dream but we all know you have a better chance of freezing in hell than this happening. As stated earlier this trade has Commanders written all over it :
They can offer the Browns multiple picks ( 2025 1st and 2nd and 2026 high pick ) AND Johnathan Allen.

**Allen's contract ends after the 2025 season but they will still have Payne.
** Commanders have over $125M Cap for 2025
** Commander starting OB on a cheap rookie deal
** Any draft picks traded could be low rounds

Portnoy1

Reaction score
Easily the best post of your career here!!!!! I agree with everything you said, he's clearly a better player, but you can't tell people that on here because MIcah is all everything. He's good but he needs more fine tuning to his game
Micah is good but he’s never really recovered from his first year. People forget what he was supposed to be. He was a LB that could multiple things. Drop, rush, tackle etc.

Dlaw got hurt game 1, Quinn experimented with him on the edge and rest is history. After that he was basically an edge LB rushing the passer.

If he plays linebacker, he along with overshown and Kendrick’s would be destroying the run game with these 12 and 21 personnel teams. They’d have a 4 man front to work with dedicated to holding up blocks specifically for them to make plays.

But nope more sacks means more money I guess so on the edge he goes. Funny thing is he’s not going to get those 13 sacks because….well…. The offense is bad.

The Scheme Zimmer would normally run would be a perfect compliment for this mid-tier offense. They would stop the run and be sound. What fans are seeing is not Zimmers original scheme

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Micah is good but he’s never really recovered from his first year. People forget what he was supposed to be. He was a LB that could multiple things. Drop, rush, tackle etc.

Dlaw got hurt game 1, Quinn experimented with him on the edge and rest is history. After that he was basically an edge LB rushing the passer.

If he plays linebacker, he along with overshown and Kendrick’s would be destroying the run game with these 12 and 21 personnel teams. They’d have a 4 man front to work with dedicated to holding up blocks specifically for them to make plays.

But nope more sacks means more money I guess so on the edge he goes. Funny thing is he’s not going to get those 13 sacks because….well…. The offense is bad.

The Scheme Zimmer would normally run would be a perfect compliment for this mid-tier offense. They would stop the run and be sound. What fans are seeing is not Zimmers original scheme
that's all it's about, pass rushers vs LB money is different/different, smart move by him, but it's not really helping him or us

Portnoy1

Reaction score
that's all it's about, pass rushers vs LB money is different/different, smart move by him, but it's not really helping him or us
Which is why I’d trade him for two 1st and a 3rd and allow the DC to build the defense in his image.

I may even call the commanders and try to get the assets they could send for Garrett to give to us for Micah.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Which is why I’d trade him for two 1st and a 3rd and allow the DC to build the defense in his image.

I may even call the commanders and try to get the assets they could send for Garrett to give to us for Micah.
you're on fire this morning I swear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If we were to get a NEW coordinator, he's going to come in here and gloat about how he's going to build around Micah and how much of a great players he is. It would have to be the front office saying here's our plan we're not going to keep Micah we're going to trade him. Or if Zim is going to be kept that would be better as he's already been with Zim. I'm extremely open to the deal of trading him

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Someone should go get DK Metcalf from Seattle bc it looks like they are going to be forced into a fire sale next off season.

Creeper

Reaction score
The Cowboys CAP situation for 2025 is probably worse than it was this year. They have only 39 players signed for 2025 which means they need to sign 14 just to fill the 53 man roster. If they make the league minimum, the eats over half the CAP space. Of course some of those will be rookies making less but it is still a bad situation for Dallas. Jerry could create more space by restructuring but I'd rather he didn't. Let's clear all the CAP garbage out next year if they can and maybe start signing sensible contracts in 2025 going forward.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
We don't have any money. We are strapped.
That is without starters: Tank, Osa, J Lewis, Cooks, Dowdle, Zack....even Anger with his $3m+ money.
The problem is that with the number of holes, you can't compete with the number of teams with much higher available CAP levels.... that's why we go: Elite stars, draft and (high number) of JAG's.

CWR

Reaction score
That is without starters: Tank, Osa, J Lewis, Cooks, Dowdle, Zack....even Anger with his $3m+ money.
The problem is that with the number of holes, you can't compete with the number of teams with much higher available CAP levels.... that's why we go: Elite stars, draft and (high number) of JAG's.
Yeah we couldn't have paid a few more million for Derrick Henry or Mixon. Philly signing all those players and Saquon isn't a world wonder. They just use void years and extend it out.

We can absolutely do the same. We chose not to. Quit letting Jerry lie.