The Cowboy's cap projection over the next 3 years

jgboys1

Reaction score
The caps a myth!

Jerry is just cheap!

Sorry, I had to throw that out there before someone else said it!

This team is going to be in shambles in 3 seasons.

It will be Dak, CeeDee and a couple of guys.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Yeah we couldn't have paid a few more million for Derrick Henry or Mixon. Philly signing all those players and Saquon isn't a world wonder. They just use void years and extend it out.

We can absolutely do the same. We chose not to. Quit letting Jerry lie.
Whoa Cowboy, I'm not saying we shouldn't of spent money on a RB, nor am I supporting Jerry... just pointing to those, with the pitchforks what's the actual reality of the situation.

Philly present 'position' was underpinned by Hurts lengthy contract, with, as you say, the void years along with other flexibility from the players and a GM prepared (or able) to trade.

Our options are more limited, by Jerry's inability, especially when you kill CAP flexibility by not getting a longer contract out of Dak (Contract 1 and 2) and then allowing CeeDee's agent (and Micah's) to see how to get maximum money/ preferred years, by just bluffing him out.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The caps a myth!

Jerry is just cheap!

Sorry, I had to throw that out there before someone else said it!

This team is going to be in shambles in 3 seasons.

It will be Dak, CeeDee and a couple of guys
we like our guys and we feel like auiii uhhhhhh uuuuuuuuuh these guys have some great uhhhhh hhhhhhh football left in them, and we're really uhhhhh hhhhhhh happy about them going forward!!

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
UKU2SCAFOMQK7OCAQ4WDQBEX4Q.jpg
That’s a big head

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’m curious to know:

If YOU - with zero experience - were installed as the GM of an NFL team, how many years of OTJ training would it take for you to become something more than ‘an amateur’? I guess you’re conceding that you, no matter how many years you were given, could never adequately manage a franchise, right?
No ..... because he would be under preasure to quickly get better and get results

Our current GM is not ....... and never has been.

BKBDAD

Reaction score

That is the whole point! The Jones’ don’t know what they are doing!! If they had signed CD & Dak earlier in the year, probably would have saved a few million & then would have opened up 25 million in CAP space!! What FA’s would that have bought? THE JONES’ EITHER DONT WANT TO WIN OR THEY HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO!!
I’m sick of the incompetence !

Chasing6

Reaction score
That is without starters: Tank, Osa, J Lewis, Cooks, Dowdle, Zack....even Anger with his $3m+ money.
The problem is that with the number of holes, you can't compete with the number of teams with much higher available CAP levels.... that's why we go: Elite stars, draft and (high number) of JAG's.
It is working our very well for us.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
I read an article shortly after we signed Dak that said with a few restructures, even if we signed Parsons to some huge deal, we could easily have over $100m going into the off-season. The money is there...if they want it.

CWR

Reaction score
Whoa Cowboy, I'm not saying we shouldn't of spent money on a RB, nor am I supporting Jerry... just pointing to those, with the pitchforks what's the actual reality of the situation.

Philly present 'position' was underpinned by Hurts lengthy contract, with, as you say, the void years along with other flexibility from the players and a GM prepared (or able) to trade.

Our options are more limited, by Jerry's inability, especially when you kill CAP flexibility by not getting a longer contract out of Dak (Contract 1 and 2) and then allowing CeeDee's agent (and Micah's) to see how to get maximum money/ preferred years, by just bluffing him out.
We can still move money around and push contracts into void years. We are no more limited than anyone else.

If you want to speak towards Jerry's inability I'm here for it, but if we actually wanted to sign guys we could.

The cost of both Henry and Mixon while we sit on 20 million in cap space doesn't even take into account void years.

My only point is we are cheap, not broke.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Straight up wouldn't be a bad deal. The Browns are getting a player with two years left on his rookie contract, and we could basically give Myles a deal similar to what Parsons wants. In other words, you paying Myles instead of Parsons......

But he has Commanders written all over him ..........just the kind of move Q would make.
I’m thinking Lions.

DAL1180

Reaction score
I’m curious to know:

If YOU - with zero experience - were installed as the GM of an NFL team, how many years of OTJ training would it take for you to become something more than ‘an amateur’? I guess you’re conceding that you, no matter how many years you were given, could never adequately manage a franchise, right?
Do you honestly think Jerry is competent as a NFL GM? Truly?

FVSTONE

Reaction score
My goodness Commanders....... :banghead:

It appears that the Commanders are about to take control of the Eastern Division for years to come. This whole organization is on an upward trend that have passed up the Cowboys. Quinn will be out to embarrass this team when they hook up.................

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
It appears that the Commanders are about to take control of the Eastern Division for years to come. This whole organization is on an upward trend that have passed up the Cowboys. Quinn will be out to embarrass this team when they hook up.................
As usual, Q will make them a winner for 2-4 years until they run out of steam. But for some reason, Q always comes crashing down after a couple of years.