The Cowboy's cap projection over the next 3 years

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Micah and Garret would be absolutely game breaking if they were on the same team.

It will never happen under this front office, but I would love to see it.
Yeah it wouldn’t but man….that would be a game changer. It’s hard to fathom a team that traded for Roy Williams won’t even try to change for a game changer….but they won’t.

gtb1943

Reaction score
I wouldn’t give Micah for him or a 1st. He’s 31 and only 2 years left on his deal. You gonna extend him at 33?
if we were one pass rusher away from getting a shot at a ring I would try and trade next years #1 for Garrett but that is all

TwentyOne

Reaction score

Those numbers are misleading. They are worth essentailly nothing without context.

In 2025 we have only 39 players under contract
2026: 23
2027: 13

Every team has those high figures.

Then the money you have in a specific year cant be judged as an absolute figure.
It has to be taken in relation to other teams cap space.

As an example: If we have 10 mils of cap space but the commanders have 100 mils of cap space they can always outbid us if they want to sign a specific player.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
UKU2SCAFOMQK7OCAQ4WDQBEX4Q.jpg

Jethro

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I wouldn’t give Micah for him or a 1st. He’s 31 and only 2 years left on his deal. You gonna extend him at 33?
He’s 28 not 31. And yes I’d trade him for a first or Micah out right. This is the best defensive end in the league. Now preferably I’d rather have him and Micah. I’d trade him for a 1st if that’s the low ball price.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Either way it reflects poorly on the FO.

If they don’t have any cap space it SHOULD be because the roster is good because you paid a bunch of players who are contributing.

So even if the cowboys cap situation was bad (it’s not) it wouldn’t be an excuse for fielding a crap team.

HungryLion

Reaction score
22 players under contract for 2026...

This number doesn’t include any possible restructures for Dak, Ceedee, or an extension for Micah which would lower his cap hit next year.

The Cowboys could have 150 million in cap space next year if they want to.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This number doesn’t include any possible restructures for Dak, Ceedee, or an extension for Micah which would lower his cap hit next year.

The Cowboys could have 150 million in cap space next year if they want to.
They won't, they'll act like they don't know how to do it or will make excuses on how it can't be worked out

gtb1943

Reaction score
Three Super Bowl wins in four years, pretty damn good. If your issue is what's up recently, 36 wins in the previous 3 seasons and made the playoffs each time. Still pretty damn good. :thumbup:
Three SBs in four years is as good as it has ever been
comparing one and done or one playoff win over a losing team then done to that is total garbage

LovinItAll

Reaction score
Do you honestly think Jerry is competent as a NFL GM? Truly?
I'm not in the building, so I have no idea how responsibilities are delegated and SO many other things. I know this: I'm 100% sure I could be a competent GM in less than 20 years OTJ. Every bit of my experience climbing various business ladders, founding and selling businesses, and never hitting the Peter Principle makes me believe in myself. I also think Jerry is WAY smarter than many here give him credit for being.....probably a lot smarter than me.

This team has had great success over the past three years. Yes, we've floundered in the playoffs, but that isn't Jerry Jones' fault. He and his team put together the personnel that could win. That they didn't is just a part of football.

I think this was the team's worst off-season in recent memory, and I have no problem blaming Jerry for that. Again though, I wasn't in the building and don't know enough about cap management, personnel management, ongoing negotiations, etc. to be able to intelligently weigh in other than to say I'm disappointed.

gtb1943

Reaction score
I'm not in the building, so I have no idea how responsibilities are delegated and SO many other things. I know this: I'm 100% sure I could be a competent GM in less than 20 years OTJ. Every bit of my experience climbing various business ladders, founding and selling businesses, and never hitting the Peter Principle makes me believe in myself. I also think Jerry is WAY smarter than many here give him credit for being.....probably a lot smarter than me.

This team has had great success over the past three years. Yes, we've floundered in the playoffs, but that isn't Jerry Jones' fault. He and his team put together the personnel that could win. That they didn't is just a part of football.

I think this was the team's worst off-season in recent memory, and I have no problem blaming Jerry for that. Again though, I wasn't in the building and don't know enough about cap management, personnel management, ongoing negotiations, etc. to be able to intelligently weigh in other than to say I'm disappointed.
I absolutely reject the claim that Jethro and company are blameless for our playoff disasters
you cannot say they are responsible for season success and then claim they have nothing to do with playoff failures