CFZ The Cowboys-Eagles rivalry by decade

blueblood70

Reaction score
it’s easy to say they could’ve won a lot of games had Jimmy stayed. We’ll never know.
History shows us he probably would not have in my opinion I've been saying this since day one what switzer did with the remains of jimmy'z teams is probably all Jimmy would have done Jimmy would have retired anyway probably sometime after 1996 couple years later knowing all these changes were coming and none of his team was gonna be left they were all injured aging and leaving we could actually easily come to that conclusion more than some people here think that he would have stayed forever like Bill Belichick and this thing would have kept going on and on and on and I say nonsense

plasticman

Reaction score
Could have should have no the possibility was there but in my opinion Switzer did exactly what Jimmy would have done no different and Jimmy would have left after that anyway sometime before 1999 Jimmy would have retired nothing else better would have happened whether he was here or gone because we took what little was left of Jimmys team and won what we could...

I don't think he would have won anything else... The players were all aging they were injured and all that stuff that KJ said is all true the team was being split apart they weren't as dominant and Switzer got us to a championship game in which the players blew that game not Jerry not Switzer and then the next year won a Super Bowl then the team pretty much started falling apart...

there's no way Jimmy was staying, Jimmy Johnson was much like Parcells they do not stay around very long they like a new challenge, he was moving on anyway...

The whole breakup thing might have ruined a further dynasty, and five more Super Bowl nonsense, its just that, it's nonsense he was not staying around like Bill Belichick has with New England he was going to leave no matter what.

I guarantee sometime between 1997 and the year 2000 he would have left more than likely probably in 1997 he still would have went to another team still with only probably one more Super Bowl...

I mean I like how you use that word could have no that is no guarantee there is no guarantees whatsoever if Jimmy stayed here there was going to be this really long line of more strings of back-to-back Super Bowls... There isn't a damn shred of evidence and I'm sick of hearing it.
Aikman actually had to go to Jerry Jones and complain about Switzer's practices being too soft. Do you think that would have been an issue with Jimmy?

When the Cowboys lost the NFC championship game it meant the Cowboys had to coach the NFC in the Pro Bowl. Barry was seen during the game eating a hot dog on the bench.

There is no way Jimmy would have allowed the Cowboys to go 6-10 two seasons after winning a Super Bowl.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Aikman actually had to go to Jerry Jones and complain about Switzer's practices being too soft. Do you think that would have been an issue with Jimmy?

When the Cowboys lost the NFC championship game it meant the Cowboys had to coach the NFC in the Pro Bowl. Barry was seen during the game eating a hot dog on the bench.

There is no way Jimmy would have allowed the Cowboys to go 6-10 two seasons after winning a Super Bowl.
I don't want to I don't want to hear about that dude stop you're not getting me to your side too soft you mean that's the way the entire NFL is pretty much gone it was going that way but I don't wanna hear about how practices were too soft and that's why we started losing

you're trying to rewrite history and plug in a guy and say for sure he would not have gone 6 and 10 dude you are one of those dudes who have this weird view that Jimmy couldn't lose games with a bad team and yes he could he did it early on and with all these players hurt injured leaving it was over... I'm tired of hearing it so move on you're not bringing me to your side/... It doesn't matter the post is a moot point anyway they're Eagles rivalry the Cowboys are winning they've been winning and that's what we're supposed to be talking about the Eagles and the Cowboys not Jimmy and Jerry if we were gonna talk about one of them we'd be talking about Jerry it's still Jerry's team...

Everybody hates Prescott right I mean that's what we say here he's not very good we're talking about the Eagles peace what eight and three against the Eagles he's seven and three against his current Eagles team he's scored 40 scored 4041 and 50 points against this vaunted allegedly better defense than ours ,41 and 50 points against this vaunted allegedly better defense than ours
. So back on subject this team since 2016 has been beating the Eagles pretty well so Jerry obviously you can beat the Eagles without jimmy'z help I mean we're talking about the Eagles record versus the Cowboys and vice versa and right now we have beat them a lot more than they beat us...

Dak 7-3(cowboys 8-3) last 11 against the sheasges dak 1-0 vs Hurts.

So apparently this version of the Dallas Cowboys is doing a pretty good job beating the Eagles that's why we're talking about this right I think the thread says the Cowboys Eagles rivalry by decade well the last 10 years... I say this decade we're doing pretty well head to head against the beagles...

Motorola

Reaction score
The Cowboys have been playing the dirty birds over 60 years. In those nearly 7 decades, the two teams have played each other 128 times with the Cowboys holding the edge all time with a 73-55 advantage.

Here’s a look at the rivalry by decade. The records here include playoff games.
  • 1960s: 10-9 (Eagles)
  • 1970s: 17-3 (Cowboys)
  • 1980s: 10-10 (Tie)
  • 1990s: 14-8 (Cowboys)
  • 2000-2009: 13-8 (Eagles)
  • 2010-19: 11-9 (Cowboys)
  • 2020-present: 4-2 (Cowboys)
The two teams have met 4 times in the playoffs and the Cowboys lead that 3-1.

Here is a comparison of overall playoff wins of both teams by decade:
  • 1960s: Cowboys (1), eagles (1)
  • 1970s: Cowboys (14), eagles (1)
  • 1980s: Cowboys (5), eagles (2)
  • 1990s: Cowboys (12) eagles (2)
  • 2000-09: Cowboys (1) eagles (10)
  • 2010-19: Cowboys (2) eagles (4)
  • 2020- present: Cowboys (1) eagles (2)
Since 2000, the Eagles have won 16 playoff games, won 3 conference championship games and 1 SB.
Since 2000, the Cowboys have won 4 wild card games.
As a sidebar___
Cowboys have won 5 NFL titles - all in the Super Bowl era.
Eagles have won 4 NFL titles - three preceeding the Super Bowl era (1948, 1949, 1960)

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As a sidebar___
Cowboys have won 5 NFL titles - all in the Super Bowl era.
Eagles have won 4 NFL titles - three preceeding the Super Bowl era (1948, 1949, 1960)
Bogus titles, just like all of GB's pre SB. You only had to win 1 game to win the title. Mostly against inferior teams.

Motorola

Reaction score
Bogus titles, just like all of GB's pre SB. You only had to win 1 game to win the title. Mostly against inferior teams.
League started in 1920 - not bogus titles.
If the Cowboys would have won both the 1966 and 1967 championship games over the Packers----PRE SUPER BOWL SEASONS -- would say they were bogus?

ArtClink

Reaction score
I’ll tell you all you need to know about the recent rivalry between us and the Eagles.

Ten years ago I was at a party and met an Eagles fan and regarding Dallas he said, “We LOVE Jerry Jones and hope he lives to be 100 because you guys are so screwed”.

ArtClink

Reaction score
I agree it’s a lot different league than the 90s.

Unfortunately for us fans, Jerry and his FO haven’t been able to figure out how to have much playoff success for three decades. If not for that one great decade, Jerry would have zero skins on the wall.

Whatever anyone thinks about Jerry, he has proven to be a poor builder of teams for playoff success. Again unfortunately for us, that’s not an opinion.
Wait a minute. You’re just “cherry pickin” the past 28 consecutive seasons and that’s unfair to the fuhrer, his idiot son, and esp to Spaulding (his picture is in the dictionary next to the word “doofus”).

Doomsay

Reaction score
I think it's hilarious you try to block out 1989 to 2000 just for your own nitpicking cherry picking whining little fan base who don't like Jerry the Jerry year started in 1989 the Super bowl wins are the Jerry years I don't wanna hear about Jimmy Johnson Jimmy Johnson would have never had a job in the NFL had it not been for him being hired by his boss and current owner Jerry Jones...

And also I mean is it Prescott seven and three against the Eagles I think we're three and oh in the last three games we scored like 40,41 and 50 points isn't that the Jerry years we're beating the Eagles at the same pace our counterparts beat them before Jerry bought the team just like the Jimmy years with Jerry I don't really get all the ridiculous responses.. And at this point also jalen hurts has not beat Prescott so we gonna call these the Prescott years literally demolishing the Eagles in most games sure they've been a little better in the playoffs but we're just talking about records we beat them plenty this isn't the 49ers where we got a monkey on our back you can't figure out why we can't beat them we beat the Eagles a lot...
I think the above is hilarious