The Cowboys Fandom - A New Low?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ha I remember driving to Waco to watch the home games in the 80's..lol..Not sure I would do that for this team, I think it's lack of hope at this point until things change significantly.

We lived west if Fort Worth.

It was on the fringe of the Waco station and another one (maybe Wichita Falls or Abilene).

We had an antenna mounted on a 2" pipe that went from the ground to above the roof.

We could rotate the antenna using a pipe wrench.

My Dad would rotate the antenna while I watched for the best reception. My Mom was in the middle relaying the message back and forth.

Sometimes the Waco station was best and sometimes it was the other one.

It was never 100% but good enough.

I think about that sometimes when I'm shopping for a High Def (now 4K) TV or dealing with DirecTV issues.

The TV seemed big back then but it was mostly the wood cabinet. The screen was probably 25" and it was obviously a standard def tube type display. Now my computer monitor is bigger than that.

Anyway, that's my story of being a dedicated Cowboys fan.

I have not missed a game since the early eighties.

When various girlfriend's family have scheduled holiday dinners, etc. during the Cowboys game, I've always refused to miss the game. It's a tribute to my Dad who passed after the '92 season Super Bowl because my Mom always nagged him about watching the game.