The Cowboys Have 51 Players On Their Active Roster

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
You realize the Cowboys have never even competed for an NFC championship since CZ was created right? We've never been able to have a conversation about that game on an internet forum or a social media website,

The Cowboys have not even competed for an NFC Championship since Al Gore created the Interwebs.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Stop telling anyone how to be a fan. You follow the team your way with lipstick and pom pom's and others will follow the team their way with objectivity and criticism. This team hasn't won anything in 23 years. Perfectly logical for real fans to be upset about the continued leadership that is responsible for that.
How is 99% criticism objectivity? defination ;Simply, a good definition for objective criticism is constructive feedback based on unbiased thoughts and facts rather than emotion and personal preference. The opposite of objective criticism is subjective criticism is what your referring to. Thats the rub with homers.

Alexander

Reaction score
How is 99% criticism objectivity? defination ;Simply, a good definition for objective criticism is constructive feedback based on unbiased thoughts and facts rather than emotion and personal preference. The opposite of objective criticism is subjective criticism is what your referring to. Thats the rub with homers.
If you are a fan, one way or the other, you are not objective. You have passion, one way or the other. There is no such thing as an unbiased objective fan. That is just an observer.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If I am not mistaken, I think that is the lowest in the NFL at the moment.

So tell me how we are not being incredibly cheap again?

That is about right at this time of the year.
You finish the season with 53 players, there were 10 from the PS and about half signed to reserve futures contracts. The others became FA’s. There was 1 on suspension that doesn’t count anyway, and I think about 6 on IR. Theme there were about around 5 ERFA, 2 RFA, and what 12 FA’s.

Then a few players signed a month or so ago. A few released. So 51 is nothing at this point.
Add 10 draft picks, and they usually sign about 12 to 15 UDFA’s. And then a few of their own FA’s or so that did not sign elsewhere. That leave and I am not counting as I post this, maybe 12 to 15 other FA’s to get to 90.

And I think I had 56 signed according to my spread sheet the last time I looked a week ago.

waving monkey

Reaction score
If you are a fan, one way or the other, you are not objective. You have passion, one way or the other. There is no such thing as an unbiased objective fan. That is just an observer.
My reply was to the canard of objectivity from Northly King. But you were the reason for the exchange. Its a false flag waved by the negative nancy's as cover for their all is lost sloganeering.

DanA

Reaction score
Can we perhaps wait until the end of free agency before complaining about the number of bodies we have on the roster? We've made a conscious decision not to make moves in the first few days of free agency, like it or not that's what we're gonna do.

Alexander

Reaction score
Team Under Contract
Dallas 55
Atlanta 57
Minnesota 58
Chicago 59
Tennessee 60
Seattle 63
Baltimore 64
Buffalo 64
Carolina 65
Los Angeles Rams 65
Pittsburgh 65
New England 66
Green Bay 67
Kansas City 67
Miami 67
Arizona 68
Denver 68
Detroit 68
Oakland 68
Philadelphia 68
Cincinnati 70
Tampa Bay 70
Los Angeles Chargers 71
New York Giants 72
San Francisco 72
Washington 73
New York Jets 75
Houston 76
Jacksonville 76
New Orleans 77
Cleveland 80
Indianapolis 83

NFL Average: 68

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL

I ignore you 99% of the time because your shtick is so dried out.

All anyone has to do is click on your username to see post after post after post of snarky comments/jokes directed towards the Cowboys.

Some “fan” you are; hate on literally EVERYTHING they do.

It’s pathetic. You are clearly “happily unhappy”.

And bro you’ve been here since 2005 and have 48,000 posts...that’s like 70 posts per week dogging a team that you’re supposedly a “fan” of, LOL.

Go outside, get some air, hit the gym, or do something else man. Stop spending all your time bashing the Cowboys on a message board. Or, keep on doing it and being a loser, you seem to enjoy it, lol. Cheers.
Salud!

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
its pretty obvious to me, all of our draft picks are locks to make the team. Just think how much cap space is saved by having 10 rookies on the team.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL

I ignore you 99% of the time because your shtick is so dried out.

All anyone has to do is click on your username to see post after post after post of snarky comments/jokes directed towards the Cowboys.

Some “fan” you are; hate on literally EVERYTHING they do.

It’s pathetic. You are clearly “happily unhappy”.

And bro you’ve been here since 2005 and have 48,000 posts...that’s like 70 posts per week dogging a team that you’re supposedly a “fan” of, LOL.

Go outside, get some air, hit the gym, or do something else man. Stop spending all your time bashing the Cowboys on a message board. Or, keep on doing it and being a loser, you seem to enjoy it, lol. Cheers.
:lmao2:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

How is this significant?

Only the top 51 count against the cap in the offseason so they are not saving cap dollars.

They could sign a bunch of minimum wage free agents. What purpose would that serve?

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Cowboys spend in FA— Whaaaa Jerry wants instant gratification from FA and all you eat it up

Cowboys don’t spend in FA— Whaaaa Jerry is getting drunk on vacation

CowboysZone every offseason— Whaaaaaaaaaa
Is it possible you’re reading differing opinions from multiple people?

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score

It's March 18th.

This your first offseason?

If we'd literally signed 2 free agents and had 53 players (assuming your number is correct...and it likely is not).....you wouldn't be crying.

That shows you have an agenda.

Jumbo075

Reaction score

You know, you're like that annoying child in a daycare center, who never stops plunking the same note on the piano, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

Do you think we don't know how awful you believe the Cowboys management to be? After all this time, can you please play another note.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
its pretty obvious to me, all of our draft picks are locks to make the team. Just think how much cap space is saved by having 10 rookies on the team.
Drafts picks in rounds 1-4 increase the cap because they replace players with minimum salaries. First round picks get way above the minimum.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Team Under Contract
Dallas 55
Atlanta 57
Minnesota 58
Chicago 59
Tennessee 60
Seattle 63
Baltimore 64
Buffalo 64
Carolina 65
Los Angeles Rams 65
Pittsburgh 65
New England 66
Green Bay 67
Kansas City 67
Miami 67
Arizona 68
Denver 68
Detroit 68
Oakland 68
Philadelphia 68
Cincinnati 70
Tampa Bay 70
Los Angeles Chargers 71
New York Giants 72
San Francisco 72
Washington 73
New York Jets 75
Houston 76
Jacksonville 76
New Orleans 77
Cleveland 80
Indianapolis 83

NFL Average: 68
So what does this mean when the draft hasn't happened yet and the two worst teams in the league have more players than anyone lol? I don't think this means anything.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You know, you're like that annoying child in a daycare center, who never stops plunking the same note on the piano, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

Do you think we don't know how awful you believe the Cowboys management to be? After all this time, can you please play another note.
:hammer: