Twitter: The Cowboys have assured Mike McCarthy he will remain their head coach in 2022

snadler

Reaction score
I’m floored by anyone no less quite a few defending MM, I despised the hire 2 years ago, he literally was the head coach of the worst cowboys playoff performance with 14 penalties the team that had the most penalized team in football, was an embarrassment in 2 seasons with clock management happened to cost them big time in their playoff game and then celebrating his return because they dominated an awful division. I mean come on, stop settling..MM was never and still never the answer. Those saying well it’s super bowl or bust, I can tell you right now this team isn’t making the super bowl so long as he’s the head coach..

Rayman70

Reaction score
I’m floored by anyone no less quite a few defending MM, I despised the hire 2 years ago, he literally was the head coach of the worst cowboys playoff performance with 14 penalties the team that had the most penalized team in football, was an embarrassment in 2 seasons with clock management happened to cost them big time in their playoff game and then celebrating his return because they dominated an awful division. I mean come on, stop settling..MM was never and still never the answer. Those saying well it’s super bowl or bust, I can tell you right now this team isn’t making the super bowl so long as he’s the head coach..
agree. Its willful Blindness.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Until JJ has a presser and emphatically makes the announcement , the optics of this will linger all year in 2022.

So unless Jerry has a press conference to tell you directly that Mike McCarthy is the Head Coach of this team you'll consider it still in question?

Coaching games next season won't convince you?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
YES!!!!

Lets bring em all back. Lets rewind this and pretend 2021 never happened.

If there is one thing I know leads to success, its repeating the thing that didn't work over and over until it does work!

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Jerry on the day news broke of Sean Payton stepping away....

"Hey Sean, it's Jerry Jones and we're delighted to be offering you the head coaching opportunity of the Dallas Cowboys, the entire staff is very excited."

Sean Payton response. " That's really nice of you Uncle Jerry and I'll keep the door open but right now I'm burnt out and need some time off."

Jerry the next day to McCarthy. "Hey Mike, it's Jerry Jones, we wanted to offer you the opportunity to continue to be the head coaching job of the "Dallas Cowboys." We're so excited for you and have a lot of confidence in your ability to lead the team. Now are you still watching every play from this season and promise to cleanup them penalities."

McCarthy Response- "You bet Mr. Jones I've seen every play this season and will let the rest of the staff know they need to clean it up"

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
looks like they hired MM with SP out of the race, and knowing the fanbase wouldn't accept JG. He's coaching for his job now so let us see what we can get out of it.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
burger kings onion rings upset me…….everything in it but an actual onion.

Well, there is no money in serving actual onions. You don't want BK losing money and laying off all those folks.....the homeless shelters would overflow. They just need a fried ring with onion flavoring, and folks buy it.

Rayman70

Reaction score
So unless Jerry has a press conference to tell you directly that Mike McCarthy is the Head Coach of this team you'll consider it still in question?

Coaching games next season won't convince you?
I misspoke,,I should have added, and he adds another year to Mikes deal. That will tamp down all this stuff immediately. But yes, until he stands up and has a presser, its just words..meaningless. As soon as MM has a blunder or gaffe in season again, the SEAN PAYTON JUNK WILL ARISE. only Jerry can squash this. But has 2 be done right. I know its all flakey as hell , makes us fans look bad, but this is how it is. I'm fine with Jerrys statement..and so are you..but there is a LARGE swath of media and fans that view it as weak. I don't view it that way. .

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
looks like they hired MM with SP out of the race, and knowing the fanbase wouldn't accept JG. He's coaching for his job now so let us see what we can get out of it.

Bet we won't see any QB scrambles with 15 second left and no timeouts.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Well, there is no money in serving actual onions. You don't BK losing money. They just need a fried ring with onion flavoring, and folks buy it.
There is a café across the road from Lake Moss Country folks run it they do onion rings right and they are almost burnt best I have ever had