The Cowboys Issues are Pretty Simple

birdwells1

Reaction score
I'm a true believer that the Cowboys issues start with leadership and front office structure. I think that the best leader for an NFL team is the head coach, everything should come through him and the owner/front office should do everything to support that. If Jerry and Stephen are asked a football related question their answer should be "I don't know that a Mike question, ask him". Jerry and Stephen loves the spotlight and they continue to want to let everyone know that they are in charge, while doing this they have become the "faces" of the Dallas Cowboys, Jerry himself has become a celebrity and he loves it. So much so that he's only hired two Alphas as head coach in his 35 years of ownership. Jimmy, when he first purchased the team and Bill and that was to get the stadium bill passed. He doesn't want those kind of coaches because he wants to get the credit for winning a super bowl and he wants to continue to run the front office like he he does.

The biggest issue with the Cowboys is that Stephen nor Jerry CAN'T GET FIRED. The reason that they don't make free agent moves is because THEY CAN'T GET FIRED.. The reason they don't sign players in a reasonable time is because THEY CAN'T GET FIRED. The reason that they speak on Micah's contract after his rookie year is because they know that they'll be around because THEY CAN'T GET FIRED. Other GMs and any other sports have a timeline on when they need to show results, if not they'll be fired. If they get fired they lose the salary that pays for their home in a gated community, kid's college, private schools so they are motivated to bring in first wave free agents and sign their own players players that have out performed their first contract because their ultimate goal is to win. Without that motivation of losing their livelihood then complacency and arrogance steps in and that's what has happened in Dallas. They don't make moves to improve this team because they don't have to. This combine someone ask the Bills GM about the risk he took when he moved up to pick Josh Allen, he said something like "it was an easy decision, if it didn't get a qb I was going to be fire or if Josh didn't work out I was going to get fired so I had to take the chance". This is what fear of losing you job does, it make you take a swing instead of keeping the bat on your should hoping for a walk.

The Joneses are too close to the money. When a GM is negotiating with a player they are negotiating with the owners money so they are trying field the best team possible because their job depends on it. When Jerry is negotiating they're doing it with their money so they take it personal, that's why players have agents so they don't have to hear the disparaging things said about them in negotiation, Jerry needs someone to negotiate these deals that is only concerned with fielding the best team possible instead of trying to win the negotiations and field the most fiscally responsible team possible. Stephen runs this team like an accountant.

If you've ever heard of a QB having arm arrogance (which means that he thinks he can make every throw due to his arm strength), the Joneses have time arrogance which means that because they won't lose their job that can take their time with everything. Think about this, if the Cowboys go 0-17 this season what will change in the front office? You're right........nothing.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
We are at the point where we have to wait out Jerry.

But if Stephen names himself GM and keeps this trend going when he inherits the team then get ready.

mob1.jpg

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry himself has become a celebrity and he loves it.
Jerry Jones is a self-made rock star. He is an ugly Kardashian. He has fake J.R. Ewing charisma without the charm.

Of course, he loves who he made himself into. What narcissist wouldn't? Personally, I would love to prank him one time by hiring Mary Crosby to set off a firecracker at one of his press conferences.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
I'm a true believer that the Cowboys issues start with leadership and front office structure. I think that the best leader for an NFL team is the head coach, everything should come through him and the owner/front office should do everything to support that. If Jerry and Stephen are asked a football related question their answer should be "I don't know that a Mike question, ask him". Jerry and Stephen loves the spotlight and they continue to want to let everyone know that they are in charge, while doing this they have become the "faces" of the Dallas Cowboys, Jerry himself has become a celebrity and he loves it. So much so that he's only hired two Alphas as head coach in his 35 years of ownership. Jimmy, when he first purchased the team and Bill and that was to get the stadium bill passed. He doesn't want those kind of coaches because he wants to get the credit for winning a super bowl and he wants to continue to run the front office like he he does.

The biggest issue with the Cowboys is that Stephen nor Jerry CAN'T GET FIRED. The reason that they don't make free agent moves is because THEY CAN'T GET FIRED.. The reason they don't sign players in a reasonable time is because THEY CAN'T GET FIRED. The reason that they speak on Micah's contract after his rookie year is because they know that they'll be around because THEY CAN'T GET FIRED. Other GMs and any other sports have a timeline on when they need to show results, if not they'll be fired. If they get fired they lose the salary that pays for their home in a gated community, kid's college, private schools so they are motivated to bring in first wave free agents and sign their own players players that have out performed their first contract because their ultimate goal is to win. Without that motivation of losing their livelihood then complacency and arrogance steps in and that's what has happened in Dallas. They don't make moves to improve this team because they don't have to. This combine someone ask the Bills GM about the risk he took when he moved up to pick Josh Allen, he said something like "it was an easy decision, if it didn't get a qb I was going to be fire or if Josh didn't work out I was going to get fired so I had to take the chance". This is what fear of losing you job does, it make you take a swing instead of keeping the bat on your should hoping for a walk.

The Joneses are too close to the money. When a GM is negotiating with a player they are negotiating with the owners money so they are trying field the best team possible because their job depends on it. When Jerry is negotiating they're doing it with their money so they take it personal, that's why players have agents so they don't have to hear the disparaging things said about them in negotiation, Jerry needs someone to negotiate these deals that is only concerned with fielding the best team possible instead of trying to win the negotiations and field the most fiscally responsible team possible. Stephen runs this team like an accountant.

If you've ever heard of a QB having arm arrogance (which means that he thinks he can make every throw due to his arm strength), the Joneses have time arrogance which means that because they won't lose their job that can take their time with everything. Think about this, if the Cowboys go 0-17 this season what will change in the front office? You're right........nothing.
I think if MM had a chance to draft his guy at QB, then the success of the team would be more attributed to MM.

lukemartin79

Reaction score
We are at the point where we have to wait out Jerry.

But if Stephen names himself GM and keeps this trend going when he inherits the team then get ready.

mob1.jpg
I agree with you. And if Steven does that, then one thing is for certain - I will never see the Cowboys win the Super Bowl again the rest of my lifetime. Those Jimmy 90s teams will be the last glory days of being a Cowboys fan for me. I guess thats better than not ever seeing a Championship though. Just never thought those would be the last times I got to see it.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HC OL coach. Dak

I'm giving the Joneses a pass this year so far. I believe they've seen the light......possibly. I don't have a issue with anything the Joneses have done so far.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Coach, owner, GM, QB. Once we get past those minor issues we should be ok. :p
Owner #1a, Owner #1b, President, GM, Executive VP, CEO, Director of Player Personnel, then the Coach who is really not allowed to make decisions.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The issues we have are simple but figuring out how to correct them has been the hard part.

TwentyOne

Reaction score

1k words post for a simple problem?

Oh kay.....

Let me take a try. Id buy four (4) letters:

QB
FO

Chasing6

Reaction score
No, they're not, the cap isn't their money...
They take their money personally that is why every family member has multiple job titles and why they don't pay the Cheerleaders worth the crap.

A water boy makes more money than a cheerleader.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I agree with you. And if Steven does that, then one thing is for certain - I will never see the Cowboys win the Super Bowl again the rest of my lifetime. Those Jimmy 90s teams will be the last glory days of being a Cowboys fan for me. I guess thats better than not ever seeing a Championship though. Just never thought those would be the last times I got to see it.
I never did either but it's a done deal they're too many Jones in line to run this team for decades to come.
They are getting exactly what they want the most profitable team super bowls do not guarantee the most profit staying relevant does and all their players have adopted the same philosophy pad your stats don't take risks make business decisions score the big contract and extend your window of play as long as you possibly can.

Us old school fans are the only people with super bowl aspirations the new generation they just want to market themselves and make money super bowl is nothing but a one-day party and some trinkets it doesn't show them the money that Jerry's generational wealth shows them

Chasing6

Reaction score
I have already come to that realization and have made piece with it.

Jerry made the money, it is Stephens job to hang on to it.