The Cowboys Issues are Pretty Simple

ksadler1

Reaction score
I've had a Cowboys license plate on the front of my truck for years. I took it off 3 days ago, threw it away, and put an American flag plate on it. When the Jones' are no longer in charge, maybe I'll spend some $$ on the Cowboys again.

fivetwos

Reaction score
It's actually weird that Jerry can be such a good businessman and such a horrific GM.
Not really. The worlds best brain surgeon probably wouldn’t be a great chef, etc…

Money is his God, and since he has conquered what is generally most people’s problem, he figures all else is easy, especially since he played guard in college 400 years ago. These people think a lot of themselves.

He can’t pull it off, he won’t pull it off, and his best chances are gone without coming close. Best he can do is try to manipulate the definition of “close,” which according to him is THREE very difficult and consecutive playoff wins away from grabbing the trophy out of Mike hands. That’s not close Jerry….and it’s going to take a lot more than the ball bouncing a different way Stephen.

I’m anxiously awaiting his next act as this begins to get much more difficult….unless of course he can find another top regular season QB to keep the charade going a little longer.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not really. The worlds best brain surgeon probably wouldn’t be a great chef, etc…

Money is his God, and since he has conquered what is generally most people’s problem, he figures all else is easy, especially since he played guard in college 400 years ago. These people think a lot of themselves.

He can’t pull it off, he won’t pull it off, and his best chances are gone without coming close. Best he can do is try to manipulate the definition of “close,” which according to him is THREE very difficult and consecutive playoff wins away from grabbing the trophy out of Mike hands. That’s not close Jerry….and it’s going to take a lot more than the ball bouncing a different way Stephen.

I’m anxiously awaiting his next act as this begins to get much more difficult….unless of course he can find another top regular season QB to keep the charade going a little longer.
When Stephen says ”the ball just didn’t bounce our way”, a reporter should follow up with these questions:
  • Why does the ball bounce favorably for so many teams but not here?
  • So are you saying that ”bad luck” is the biggest reason we’ve gone three decades without even winning a divisional playoff game?

fivetwos

Reaction score
When Stephen says ”the ball just didn’t bounce our way”, a reporter should follow up with these questions:
  • So are you saying that ”bad luck” is the biggest reason we’ve gone three decades without even winning a divisional playoff game?
Next thing you know you’re updating your resume.

I don’t blame the media. They don’t care as much as we do nor should they be expected to.

Jerry is vindictive and powerful, and has made it clear that it’s not a wise choice to go after him.

That’s how we keep this huge “advantage” in tact.

‘It’s my toy for me and my family and we will continue to play with it.’ Donate as you wish.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
and then the reporter will start to notice his credentials at The Star have disappeared. Next, they no longer have field access at Training Camp. That doesn't even begin to describe the angry phone call said reporter's boss got.

It's literally happened. Multiple times. Thin-skinned egomaniacs at the helm.

fivetwos

Reaction score
and then the reporter will start to notice his credentials at The Star have disappeared. Next, they no longer have field access at Training Camp. That doesn't even begin to describe the angry phone call said reporter's boss got.

It's literally happened. Multiple times. Thin-skinned egomaniacs at the helm.
Yep…put yourself in the situation of someone who just wants to be a sports journalist and is paying dues on a beat they care nothing about….there’s no way tough questions are going before the career. Get in, get your quotes, write your deal and don’t have Jerry calling your bosses’ boss is the right approach.

Apparently some local media have gained enough credibility to where that won’t happen, and it still doesn’t matter.

He has either bought off or intimated the media. He is extremely brilliant in that manner…..able to cover up the one part of life he can’t buy or excel at and it eats him alive. It’s sad really. The guy should be enjoying his last years extravagantly, but that ego rules everything.

kskboys

Reaction score

Disagree. Brain surgeon and chef are polar opposites.