The Cowboys Just Lost the Best Defensive Player in the NFL

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by Aerolithe_Lion, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Pass2Run

Pass2Run Well-Known Member

1,215 Messages
    1,572 Likes Received
    You are correct.

Because if Zeke plays it right, from a money standpoint, he makes more money with us than with any other team, simply because that star on his helmet...

2. Aerolithe_Lion

Aerolithe_Lion Well-Known Member

4,261 Messages
    3,819 Likes Received
    better, and doesnt look too great despite their talent. Zeke is the difference. You can be the prettiest girl at the ball, but if youre locked out at the front door then it doesnt matter.

3. jaythecowboy

jaythecowboy Well-Known Member

848 Messages
    681 Likes Received
    Gaining that year definitely matters. If Zeke actually missed the whole year, the Cowboys should draft another running back, and Zeke would sit until he fulfills his two years or the Cowboys find a trade they like.

4. Aerolithe_Lion

4,261 Messages
    3,819 Likes Received
    Right, but they can’t trade him to someone unless he agrees not to sit out there too. And what would he ask for to accommodate the trade?

5. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

12,102 Messages
    12,497 Likes Received
    As the PPD stats indicate, Zeke is NOT THE difference. If he was, PPD would have bee higher in 2017 than 2018.

6. jaythecowboy

jaythecowboy Well-Known Member

848 Messages
    681 Likes Received
    Cowboys would have to find someone willing to give him a new deal to facilitate a trade. But the cruz of my argument is Zeke would play his two years of his current deal or basically retire. Facilitating a trade would be unlikely imo.

7. Blackrain

Blackrain Well-Known Member

2,697 Messages
    3,531 Likes Received
    I hear you brother , If he had Jaylon Smith type character and work ethic came to camp and requested a raise Jerry would have given it by now .

When you ask to be paid top money your decisions off the field need to be as good as the ones on the field. In this league bad judgement off the field can mean no playing time and a very poor return on investment for Jerry and our team

silvrNblue likes this.
  8. ESisback

ESisback Well-Known Member

4,845 Messages
    4,898 Likes Received
    Just pointing out the pathetic comedy of the situation. Not really that affected by their presence.

9. daboyzruleperiod

daboyzruleperiod ♡☆

20,431 Messages
    47,777 Likes Received
    :facepalm:
    He is great. If Zeke doesn't watch himself, Barkley will take over the Rushing Title. [​IMG]

10. Irvin88_4life

Irvin88_4life Well-Known Member

17,790 Messages
    20,211 Likes Received
    First off you didn't include my entire comment. Second do you even watch Barkley, he isn't a grinder. You aren't going to hand him the ball and he gets 4 to 5 yards almost every carry. Barkley is the type of back that relies on a big run. You are the perfect example I was talking about when I said you look at ypc and see 5 yards a carry and think he is a grinder. Nope, he gets tackled a ton at the line of scrimmage or for negative yards and then will get a long run.

11. ESisback

4,845 Messages
    4,898 Likes Received
    You sound like you’re clinging to that hope that he won’t play, but if the Eagles are so freakin’ awesome, it shouldn’t matter if he’s there or not! Right?

12. Aerolithe_Lion

4,261 Messages
    3,819 Likes Received
    I think he should play because you need him, I actually don’t care if he does play because you’ll beta the giants either way. And I fortunately did not bid on Tony Pollard like the guy in my league who’s about to get a gut punch when Zeke returns.

13. Altestic

Altestic Benched

1,081 Messages
    780 Likes Received
    I agree with you. He is Barry Sanders except too much of a panocha to play on special teams.

14. ESisback

4,845 Messages
    4,898 Likes Received
    Elliott and Pollard and Olawale behind that line? Can’t wait.

15. Aerolithe_Lion

4,261 Messages
    3,819 Likes Received
    I think you're better off with Elliot, Elliot, and Elliot, but we'll see how it goes

16. CapnB

CapnB Well-Known Member

1,478 Messages
    1,782 Likes Received
    Some of yall let'n ol' Aero rattle yalls cage lol... But i get it, when he first started coming around the mothership forums several years back, i was guilty of fallen for it too. He's an Eagle fan through and through, but he knows his stuff..... And he knows how to get under cowboys fans skin.

17. zrinkill

zrinkill Troller of Trolls and apparent Dak slobberer Zone Supporter

39,432 Messages
    12,026 Likes Received
    Right were this thread belongs lol

18. ESisback

4,845 Messages
    4,898 Likes Received
    Cap, just because I counter his Eagle-ish blatherings doesn’t mean he’s getting “under my skin”. I’m actually more annoyed with the small but extremely vocal and deadly serious Eeyores that won’t stop crying long enough to enjoy the ride.

19. CapnB

CapnB Well-Known Member

1,478 Messages
    1,782 Likes Received
    Hey ES hows it going buddy? Same here my man. they need to hang out with Ol Christopher and ol Winnie to find out whats sad is about.

ESisback likes this.
  20. ESisback

4,845 Messages
    4,898 Likes Received
    Pooh told Piglet he was hungry for a good BLT!

CapnB likes this.