The Cowboys need more size at WR

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
-Too many WRs with the same skill set and size

-Gallup was washed but he was your jump ball guy and now you have no one for that role

-The undersized WRs they have now: they don’t maximize what routes they’d thrive in; barely any crossers, bubble screens, RPOs

- I’d workout a guy like Michael Thomas and see what he has; they need a possession guy who can catch the occasional jump ball and win off the press, be more physical

Happy Monday!

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Jerry built the stadium. It even hurts his own team. What was he thinking not having blinds on the windows? San Francisco, at least the sun is just on the opponents side.

Chasing6

Reaction score
-Too many WRs with the same skill set and size

-Gallup was washed but he was your jump ball guy and now you have no one for that role

-The undersized WRs they have now: they don’t maximize what routes they’d thrive in; barely any crossers, bubble screens, RPOs

- I’d workout a guy like Michael Thomas and see what he has; they need a possession guy who can catch the occasional jump ball and win off the press, be more physical

Happy Monday!
For the love of God, we need a GM.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
No, we need receivers that know how to properly run routes. So we can trust them. They don’t fall down when they make a cut they don’t go with the sun in their eyes.
They can only run the routes that are called. When you have a bunch of unphysical WRs running 5 yard comeback routes all game, you're not maximizing what they can do. They need a prototypical possession receiver; all they have now is Lamb who gets doubled almost every play, and a bunch of undersized WRs who aren't utilized properly.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We need guys who can get open by running a good route. Size and speed will help but poor routes will kill you every time. I do agree with having these smaller guys run some of the routes Mike is calling is just too easy to defend. it is easier to defend a small guy when he runs a come back route or he sits in a spot. Instead get them on the move and they are way more dangerous.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They can only run the routes that are called. When you have a bunch of unphysical WRs running 5 yard comeback routes all game, you're not maximizing what they can do. They need a prototypical possession receiver; all they have now is Lamb who gets doubled almost every play, and a bunch of undersized WRs who aren't utilized properly.
Yes, they can only run routes that are called . But they still have to run them properly. you have three receiver set? they’re not all running comebacks at the same time. it takes years for the quarterback and receiver to be on the same page. Mahomes won yesterday because of running. His passing attack is horrible.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Maybe, just maybe it is easier to throw the ball, when you can run the ball effectively.

Maybe not for a Moutain Mahomes, but I am pretty sure it would help Dak.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I'm really not even that worried about size, they just need another WR who is actually starting caliber. They have Lamb and a bunch of rotational guys after him.