The Cowboys need more size at WR

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
They need more speed at RB and WR more than size to me.

No one is scared of anyone on this offense other than Lamb. Teams are putting one corner on Cooks, Tolbert, Brooks and Turpin and winning the majority of those battles with little risk of being beaten over the top.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Jalen Brooks and Ryan Flournoy are both 6’1” they need targets going forward and so does Tolbert . They are certainly NFL caliber they need to be in the game plan as does Schoonmaker a 2nd round price , targets.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Come on, you got a top wide receiver and a top tight end. What we need is more accurate throws at quarterback.

It's funny, in garbage time Dak has no problem hitting receivers all over the fiel, our running backs have no problem running the football.

The difference:

Separation.
Setting his feet.
Stepping into his throws.
Give Cooper Rush those 3 things and he can win games too, right? We've seen that.
The problem with all quarterbacks, who don't fare well in the national football league, is one thing.

PRESSURE.
If it wasn't for pressure, every quarterback, coming into the NFL out of college could be a superstar.

However, some have weaknesses, and you have 2 choices. You can either cover or correct those weaknesses, or they won't be in the NFL, for very long.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
-Too many WRs with the same skill set and size

-Gallup was washed but he was your jump ball guy and now you have no one for that role

-The undersized WRs they have now: they don’t maximize what routes they’d thrive in; barely any crossers, bubble screens, RPOs

- I’d workout a guy like Michael Thomas and see what he has; they need a possession guy who can catch the occasional jump ball and win off the press, be more physical

Happy Monday!
We need more good receivers. Brooks and Lamb are listed as 6-2, Flournoy and Tolbert are 6-1. Only Cooks and Turpin are small.

Our receiving corps has a talent issue not size.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Dallas had Racey McMath in pre season 6’3” a fast target for Dak downfield and they cut him.
Does Dallas even want to go vertical deep . I’ve seen little evidence of it . Certainly Turpin has the speed .

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Your WR room should look like a basketball team.

You want some shifty, speed guys like a point guard...think Ja Morant and Damon Lillard (CeeDee Lamb).

You want some lanky guys with big hops like a wing player...think prime Russell Westbrook (Mike Evans).

Then, you need some physical post players like a modern-day LeBron (DK Metcalf).

conner01

Reaction score
We need a guy that has size that can RUN, hell AJ brown is a bigger WR, but boy he's got some quickness to him
We just need more talent. Love a big fast guy but just more talent woukd be a huge help at any size. When lamb is doubled the other guys have to beat single coverage

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Our offense is littered with hitch routes. You don't have to be fast to run those routes lol. We need a better scheme first. Our scheme is dated and its showing.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Where do people come up with your receivers need to be “ basketball “ size types ? :huh:

St Brown 6’0” tall and his partner Williams 6’1” and were running circles around the undefeated Vikings on the way to 31 points on the road for the Lions . The other receivers Detroit has no bigger then that down the depth chart . Torched Dallas for 47 .

Turpin doesn’t approach 6’0 should be a vertical threat for Dak . Listed at 6’1” Flournoy should be a physical chain stretching target .
Tolbert to my satisfaction makes the tough catches . Throw to him . Schoon at TE is 6’6” for goodness sakes . NBA power forward size .

I see a problem in tbe coaches office both the HC and the receivers coach . This will end up being the year Jerry let Big Macs contract run to be able to fire everyone in Jan .

RonWashington

Reaction score
Zay Flowers is listed at 5’9” 175 lbs . Turpin neighborhood . Yet Baltimore seems to find him quite regularly and he’s not “ a basketball “ size athlete .

RonWashington

Reaction score
Dak has signed the mega deal . Complaining about him does no good . Bring in an offensive minded HC next yr that can rebuild this offense and for goodness sakes spend a 3 on a RB to feature with Dowdle change of pace .

Montgomery starts gashing defenses here comes his partner Gibbs to finish you off in Detroit on the ground .

Creeper

Reaction score
The Cowboys just need more talent at WR. Cooks is no longer the guy he once was. They don't use him right anyway. He is a guy they should hit on the move across the field, not have him running curls and comeback routes where he gets smothered by larger DBs. Tolbert looks like he is improving and he seems to hustle, but he is still not good enough to take the heat off CeeDee. Brooks is a JAG. He is this years guy who looked great in preseason then ordinary in the regular season. I don't know if Flournoy is any good or not. I liked what I saw in preseason, but that's a different game. I'd give him a chance. Even though he fumbled last game, he made a good move to come back for the ball, then another good move to spin away from the defenders and get to the line to gain. He made a mistake not switching the ball to his outside arm and he got it knocked out, but he showed he has some talent. Give him more chances.

But next year if the Cowboys want to get serious about winning games, they need another dependable WR.