The Cowboys need more size at WR

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Meh. I dont think Dak does well with those types.

He needs elite separators
Who is the receiver that had his leg sent backwards , in the Kansas City game yesterday only a giraffe can bend their leg like that. It was nasty.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Meh. I dont think Dak does well with those types.

He needs elite separators
Every QB benefits with those. No team can really afford multiple. If they can't get separation, they have to run crisp routes and be exactly where they are supposed to be.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
You make it sound like three receivers are running the same route. and a comeback rout must be run properly also. You run back to the quarterback you don’t stay there and wait for the football. The cornerback will jump in front of you.
Try telling that to defensive players and coaches that know it's coming.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Our running game is so bad defenses can play pass defense all game and still stop our run game.
But Its one person fault , Cowboys used to have great linebackers constantly. I mean, what happened to this team.

Chasing6

Reaction score
But Its one person fault
I agree GM Jethro needs to retire.

We need a Dallas Cowboys HOF intervention, where everyone shows up and tells Jerry it is time.

Then have a surprise ceremony and put Jethro in the Ring of Honor and call it a day. Make him a 15 foot statue if you have to. Just get it done and over with already.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

We need a Dallas Cowboys HOF intervention, where everyone shows up and tells Jerry it is time.

Then have a surprise ceremony and put Jethro in the Ring of Honor and call it a day. Make him a 15 foot statue if you have to. Just get it done and over with already.
Post of the day

rambo2

Reaction score

I wonder when they will remove him from the radio shows?

BigD5

Reaction score
-Too many WRs with the same skill set and size

-Gallup was washed but he was your jump ball guy and now you have no one for that role

-The undersized WRs they have now: they don’t maximize what routes they’d thrive in; barely any crossers, bubble screens, RPOs

- I’d workout a guy like Michael Thomas and see what he has; they need a possession guy who can catch the occasional jump ball and win off the press, be more physical

Happy Monday!
Jerry already told us that there is nobody out there to go get that’ll help us with SF. Those knuckleheads on the radio tried this same “gotcha” and Jerry shut those guys down

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Personally, I like my receivers to be big, physical, aggressive and above average speed. Sort of Michael Irvin, Michael Evans, JJefferson type. Ceedee has the size but not the will to beat double teams. He just sulks when it gets tough for him.

The Natural

Reaction score
- I’d workout a guy like Michael Thomas and see what he has; they need a possession guy who can catch the occasional jump ball and win off the press, be more physical

Happy Monday!
Michael Thomas can only run one route and this QB cant get the ball to guys with a catch radius, they have to be wide open

Mr_437

Reaction score

Best plan of action moving forward for this franchise.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
He does. I’m sure his one and only catch will get mocked by them, but the defender made a heck of a play on the ball.

The only criticism I had of Flournoy after his preseason was his ball security. He had one punched out in a similar way, and one that could have been because he was a bit loose with the ball.

He’s a rookie. That’ll get figured out eventually.

But his athleticism is off the charts, and he catches the football very naturally.

Mr_437

Reaction score
You have to wonder why John Stephens isn't given an opportunity at this point, just like Flournoy to add some bigger WRs to the mix.

Cowboys practice squad has a couple big guys too with Kevin Harmon (6'2, 215) and Seth Williams (6'2, 211), so I think they're aware of the need but getting these guys reps is another story.