The Cowboys need more size at WR

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Maybe, just maybe it is easier to throw the ball, when you can run the ball effectively.

Maybe not for a Moutain Mahomes, but I am pretty sure it would help Dak.
Mahomes is not playing good football. Passing period he’s relying on his legs and the running game.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Cooks and Turpin are the only really small WRs they have. The rest are big enough.

Now maybe they need to be faster. They definitely need to be overall better.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
If Jerry cared about size at WR there is a guy on the Jets who could probably be had for a cup of coffee and pit passes for Penske racing...

Chasing6

Reaction score
Mahomes is not playing good football. Passing period he’s relying on his legs and the running game.
Once again when your D gives up less than 20 points and you can run the ball, you can still win games even if you are playing like Mountain Mahomes.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
I think it’s more about just playing the position well. Fight for balls, run good, crisp routes. Davonta Smith looks like a human toothpick, but I doubt many would complain if became our #2. Hurts has sucked so bad this year his stats are down.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I think it’s more about just playing the position well. Fight for balls, run good, crisp routes. Davonta Smith looks like a human toothpick, but I doubt many would complain if became our #2. Hurts has sucked so bad this year his stats are down.
That is the NFL trend. Play like Moutain Mahomes and you can be undefeated - if you can run the ball and stop the run that is.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
No, we need receivers that know how to properly run routes. So we can trust them. They don’t fall down when they make a cut they don’t go with the sun in their eyes.
Troy did mention our WRs run lazy routes , dead giveaway ball is not coming their way.

Experienced CBs and Safties can read body language .

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Yes, they can only run routes that are called . But they still have to run them properly. you have three receiver set? they’re not all running comebacks at the same time. it takes years for the quarterback and receiver to be on the same page. Mahomes won yesterday because of running. His passing attack is horrible.
How much better can they run a 3-5 yard comeback route? The players have certain skill sets and that's NOT what they're made to do.

rambo2

Reaction score
-Too many WRs with the same skill set and size

-Gallup was washed but he was your jump ball guy and now you have no one for that role

-The undersized WRs they have now: they don’t maximize what routes they’d thrive in; barely any crossers, bubble screens, RPOs

- I’d workout a guy like Michael Thomas and see what he has; they need a possession guy who can catch the occasional jump ball and win off the press, be more physical

Happy Monday!
What the Cowboys need are 2 defensive tackles and 2 stud running backs. They can't win without these players. They need to stop the run and run the ball on offense. Then they will give the qb some time to throw the ball.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
They can only run the routes that are called. When you have a bunch of unphysical WRs running 5 yard comeback routes all game, you're not maximizing what they can do. They need a prototypical possession receiver; all they have now is Lamb who gets doubled almost every play, and a bunch of undersized WRs who aren't utilized properly.
Tolbert and Brooks are both 6'1 and ~200, that's more than big enough to run a comeback or slant lol

The problem is that they are slow and can't separate, so DBs just jump those short routes every time.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
How much better can they run a 3-5 yard comeback route? The players have certain skill sets and that's NOT what they're made to do.
You make it sound like three receivers are running the same route. and a comeback rout must be run properly also. You run back to the quarterback you don’t stay there and wait for the football. The cornerback will jump in front of you.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What the Cowboys need are 2 defensive tackles and 2 stud running backs. They can't win without these players. They need to stop the run and run the ball on offense. Then they will give the qb some time to throw the ball.
I think cowboy fans have been asking for defensive tackles for 10 seasons now maybe longer. Hasn’t happened yet thank you GM.

rambo2

Reaction score
I think cowboy fans have been asking for defensive tackles for 10 seasons now maybe longer. Hasn’t happened yet thank you GM.
They drafted 1 in the 1st round. They now need to try again. They have a chance to get a 1st round 1 tech this year. They need to trade for more picks.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They drafted 1 in the 1st round. They now need to try again. They have a chance to get a 1st round 1 tech this year. They need to trade for more picks.
lol. we can’t even do that right , he’s so bad I forgot we did it lol

Chasing6

Reaction score
Yes, they can only run routes that are called . But they still have to run them properly. you have three receiver set? they’re not all running comebacks at the same time. it takes years for the quarterback and receiver to be on the same page. Mahomes won yesterday because of running. His passing attack is horrible.
If a WR thinks he knows where the ball is going before it is snapped he is an idiot.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If a WR thinks he knows where the ball is going before it is snapped he is an idiot.
Well, that’s kind of true. but he hast to have some idea where it supposed to be. Lol somewhere in the vicinity.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That was Tony Romo‘s issue with receivers. They would take plays off. They didn’t think they were going to get the ball because he had BFF Jason Witten that’s what’s happening here. Some of the receivers are taking the playoff. They don’t think they’re going to get the ball. You have to run every single route like it’s your last one.