The Cowboys proved they belong

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The team, especially Dak and Cee Dee, showed up big yesterday. The team proved that they can play with anyone, even the Eagirls on the road. They just need to cut down on the penalties and they’ll win these types of games. Yes, they need a better RT. Yes, they need a better running game. There’s no moral victories as I stated in another thread. This loss hurt. Most here are trashing the entire team, including Dak who was the best player on the field yesterday, and giving up. Stay away from them. They’re all losers who quit at the drop of a dime. Avoid them at all costs and enjoy the rest of the season which I believe is going to be great.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That’s fine . We definitely can hang with the best in the NFC and had opportunities to win the game .

It is what it is and we are who we are. We had an opportunity to elevate ourselves . Perhaps we will get another shot .

I think I’m more disappointed we aren’t saying we have arrived this morning . And argue and boast we have rose to the top of the NFC in a position to win division and be a top seed in the playoffs .

Instead we are in a much too familiar position with another very heartbreaking loss which it’s difficult to become numb too. Still hurts.

I suppose it could be worse . We are still in the playoff hunt and who knows. Maybe Hurts knee will go out and they struggle down the stretch.

But it it appears we will have to do in on the road throughout the playoffs again if we want to meet our goals this season.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
This team just needs more weapons. We need to shakeup the line up more. Need even more Tolbert and Turp. We also need more of Dowdle, and possibly even Vaughn. This week is a great time to start tweaking. The Gents have no QB.
Agree 100%

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
That’s fine . We definitely can hang with the best in the NFC and had opportunities to win the game .

It is what it is and we are who we are. We had an opportunity to elevate ourselves . Perhaps we will get another shot .

I think I’m more disappointed we aren’t saying we have arrived this morning . And argue and boast we have rose to the top of the NFC in a position to win division and be a top seed in the playoffs .

Instead we are in a much too familiar position with another very heartbreaking loss which it’s difficult to become numb too. Still hurts.

I suppose it could be worse . We are still in the playoff hunt and who knows. Maybe Hurts knee will go out and they struggle down the stretch.

But it it appears we will have to do in on the road throughout the playoffs again if we want to meet our goals this season.
There’s more than half the season left so too early to predict playoff positioning. The Eagles are the best team in the NFL and we almost beat them on the road. Even with all the dropped passes, 10 penalties, no running game and RT issues.

Smith22

Reaction score
The team, especially Dak and Cee Dee, showed up big yesterday. The team proved that they can play with anyone, even the Eagirls on the road. They just need to cut down on the penalties and they’ll win these types of games. Yes, they need a better RT. Yes, they need a better running game. There’s no moral victories as I stated in another thread. This loss hurt. Most here are trashing the entire team, including Dak who was the best player on the field yesterday, and giving up. Stay away from them. They’re all losers who quit at the drop of a dime. Avoid them at all costs and enjoy the rest of the season which I believe is going to be great.
Disappointing loss on so many levels, but I agree with the majority of your post.

We need to get lamb some help at WR and improve the OL/RB.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They did well for a 1 dimensional team. If your strength is passing yet you can barely pass protect we'd normally say you won't win many games.

pansophy

Reaction score
We are just a tier two team. We had a chance to win at the end, which is crazy. Eagles outplayed us and had we won it would have been a case where the better team lost.

Defense is average against teams who don’t turn it over. We are 0-3 without a turnover. Offense has declined in the red zone. also half to wonder if we win the game if we just kick FGs instead of trying for TDs inside the 5 and failing.

With the right playoff matchups we could win, but it would be a fluke unless somehow we continue to improve over the year.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Lol besides the last 49ers game, we always kept the games close. Right now all they're proving is they will still come up short during these games. We've been talking about cleaning up penalties for how long now? Seriously, this is the exact type of losses Dallas has experienced the last few seasons , we just can't pull them out.
How can you look at this loss, and say, " this is different"

glimmerman

Reaction score
We had a chance to take the game. And was hoping we would when we had the lead and was looking to extend the lead. But then like normal things happen like penalties or sacks or Gallup dropping a pass..

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I'm not saying Rock's sentiment is wrong but at the same time it also shows me a side of the team that seems all to familiar...even going back to the Romo days....heartbreakingly losing big games.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
just a few honest questions looking for honest answers.

What makes you think the Cowboys will make the changes?

What makes you feel even if they do make said changes, those changes are the difference and we will witness that on the field?

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
the cowboys proved who they were yesterday an almost team the eagles have won the division and really close to locking up the number one seed

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Nothing changed, same team, same result. They do not belong in the same conversation as the Eagles, Cheifs, and other top tier teams. They lack discipline and football I Q and Grit. This team is mentally weak and "we almost won" is about the best we can hope for until this current staff and some players are no longer on this team. I had high hopes for this bunch before the season started but then you see them making the same mistakes, the same stupid decisions, and no heart and it just brings you back to reality. We will make the play offs and be kicked to the curb rather quickly, as usual.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This loss was big. But still a long way to go. This team, and been this way for years. Can't get out of their own way to get over the hump.

It is like that train from grade school...I think I can, I think I can.....but in this case they can't. Yet.

They will pretty much need to win out now, and have the Eagles lose 2 more games, plus our next game with them later on.

Right now we are looking at the 6th seed. Detroit is the 2nd seed, we would play there. However as we know all that can change in the next few weeks.

I just want to get to next game now. At least I have a lot of stuff to do this week, so won't be looking at too much sports crap on TV.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
No. The elephant in the room is, if we’re being objective, at this point in the season the Philadelphia Eagles are not playing nearly as well as Baltimore, Cincinnati, or Kansas City. Not nearly as well. Philly doesn’t get a trophy for being able to play well against Dallas. The Cowboys don’t get a trophy for being able to play well against the Eagles. Obviously the Cowboys can play with the Eagles. I don’t believe the Cowboys “can play with anyone”.

Brax

Reaction score
Proved what? Another find a way to lose, another way to mismanage the clock, another way to take a ill advised sack. I know we need to get better I need to get better we will get better. Talk is cheap in Dallas time to start backing up those words. I’m sure we’ll see you Sunday after the Giants game banging the drums.