The Cowboys proved they belong

shabazz

Reaction score
Ooof how did I know this was coming. The old we are right there thread. We got this. We will get them next time. Sure I suppose maybe we will.
Just a moral victory thread as usual. This was a must win for the Cowboys and they failed to close the deal in a big game as usual. If it was a must win game for the Eagles it wouldn’t have been close

This roster needed a serious upgrade and the Megalomaniac in charge did nothing , even as the Lions, Seahawks, Eagles and Niners did so before the trade deadline

Whoopie…….we came close.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
The team, especially Dak and Cee Dee, showed up big yesterday. The team proved that they can play with anyone, even the Eagirls on the road. They just need to cut down on the penalties and they’ll win these types of games. Yes, they need a better RT. Yes, they need a better running game. There’s no moral victories as I stated in another thread. This loss hurt. Most here are trashing the entire team, including Dak who was the best player on the field yesterday, and giving up. Stay away from them. They’re all losers who quit at the drop of a dime. Avoid them at all costs and enjoy the rest of the season which I believe is going to be great.
We just can't seem to beat the good teams.
Close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades.
This team just folds when the going gets tough.
Not a hater or loser just a discouraged fan.

shabazz

Reaction score
We just can't seem to beat the good teams.
Close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades.
This team just folds when the going gets tough.
Not a hater or loser just a discouraged fan.
And it’s either roster or coaching or both…….and neither are changing this year

Brooksey

Reaction score
The team, especially Dak and Cee Dee, showed up big yesterday. The team proved that they can play with anyone, even the Eagirls on the road. They just need to cut down on the penalties and they’ll win these types of games. Yes, they need a better RT. Yes, they need a better running game. There’s no moral victories as I stated in another thread. This loss hurt. Most here are trashing the entire team, including Dak who was the best player on the field yesterday, and giving up. Stay away from them. They’re all losers who quit at the drop of a dime. Avoid them at all costs and enjoy the rest of the season which I believe is going to be great.
The team did enough to beat the NFC champions on the road but our QB is not clutch enough.
He stepped out of bounds on the 2 point conversion and then turned a 1st and goal from the 6 into a hail mary pass from the 40 with 27 secs left.
Dak did a great job getting us there, nice numbers..everything was there but the WIN.

The OP, other fans, managers like (jerry, stephen) who can't deal with those hard realities, these facts are the reason why this franchise is so soft and not clutch

Crossfade

Reaction score
We say the same thing every year, I’m tired of “proving we belong” when will we take that next step?

btgboys41

Reaction score
I didn’t need this game to prove they belonged. They clearly have enough ability to compete. What does the Arizona and SF game prove?

the problem with this team is it’s a crapshoot. When they don’t stack up turnovers, it raises the pressure to execute and then the mistakes happen. Penalties, time management, crap throws, and crap blocking.

This team is pressure-fragile and it drips down from the coach. He has to keep this team in grind mode even when they string 2-3 wins together in a row.

Reaction score
This team will not win 3 road games in the playoffs. They are always just good enough to lose. Same as every year.

I've been waiting for this team to take the "next step" for over a quarter century

Wish we had Stroud

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The team did enough to beat the NFC champions on the road but our QB is not clutch enough.
He stepped out of bounds on the 2 point conversion and then turned a 1st and goal from the 6 into a hail mary pass from the 40 with 27 secs left.
Dak did a great job getting us there, nice numbers..everything was there but the WIN.

The OP, other fans, managers like (jerry, stephen) who can't deal with those hard realities, these facts are the reason why this franchise is so soft and not clutch
Dak was the best player on the field yesterday. If you would put down the keyboard during the game bashing everyone and WATCH THE GAME, then you would know that. You obviously didn’t.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It would appear we have another virtue signalling "Imma better fan than you" fishing trip!

Yep...we were surprisingly in it. Failed to pull the dagger and plunge it. Just like the last 3 big games.

We got some patsy games coming up to show how good we REALLY are.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
The question isn’t are the cowboys a talented team…it’s can they win against Top competition. They haven’t yet. Simply belonging means very little

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Cowboys proved why they haven’t won a divisional round playoff game in 28 years. They can’t beat championship caliber teams in critical games.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
if our qb didn't crumble when the chips were down we might have something. shrugs....you dak lovers find another team sheesh

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I'm not saying Rock's sentiment is wrong but at the same time it also shows me a side of the team that seems all to familiar...even going back to the Romo days....heartbreakingly losing big games.
Good team, just not a great team. And the beat goes on….. Since Jimmy left.