The Cowboys proved they belong

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
It has been 30 years of these types of games and here we are, proud of how we can stand up to any team, and if we cut down on penalties...time management, dropped balls, etc, we will be just fine. Who on earth cares about us being the better team last night when we, as always, found a way to lose...and the Iggles in all their glory and meh play this year found a way to win after giving us every opportunity to do so

Notice no Dak hate that the OP can try and attack on, but these threads are ridiculous and do nothing but prove how futile this franchise has been. Oh if only we had a power back on that last drive.......oh if only.......oh if only. There is no argument to be made here

Brooksey

Reaction score
Dak was the best player on the field yesterday. If you would put down the keyboard during the game bashing everyone and WATCH THE GAME, then you would know that. You obviously didn’t.
Yes Dak was one of the best on the field yesterday... until he wasn't, he choked it away.

Sorry about the choke part bro, I know your super sensitive to the truth with Dak. I wanted him to punch it in so bad from the 6...just to see Siriani's face would have been priceless

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Yes Dak was one of the best on the field yesterday... until he wasn't, he choked it away.

Sorry about the choke part bro, I know your super sensitive to the truth with Dak. I wanted him to punch it in so bad from the 6...just to see Siriani's face would have been priceless
Doesn’t bother me because I know it’s not true. Dude I’m laughing at your ignorance.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
The team, especially Dak and Cee Dee, showed up big yesterday. The team proved that they can play with anyone, even the Eagirls on the road. They just need to cut down on the penalties and they’ll win these types of games. Yes, they need a better RT. Yes, they need a better running game. There’s no moral victories as I stated in another thread. This loss hurt. Most here are trashing the entire team, including Dak who was the best player on the field yesterday, and giving up. Stay away from them. They’re all losers who quit at the drop of a dime. Avoid them at all costs and enjoy the rest of the season which I believe is going to be great.
Hope you enjoy your moral victory and participation ribbon. I know it's a silly thought with some, but I actually prefer winning games, not just participating. Weird, huh?

Blackrain

Reaction score
The team, especially Dak and Cee Dee, showed up big yesterday. The team proved that they can play with anyone, even the Eagirls on the road. They just need to cut down on the penalties and they’ll win these types of games. Yes, they need a better RT. Yes, they need a better running game. There’s no moral victories as I stated in another thread. This loss hurt. Most here are trashing the entire team, including Dak who was the best player on the field yesterday, and giving up. Stay away from them. They’re all losers who quit at the drop of a dime. Avoid them at all costs and enjoy the rest of the season which I believe is going to be great.
I'm with you Rocky we can hang with anybody in the NFC.
But we desperately need a finisher in the running back area putting the whole thing on dak at the end of every game is just too much especially with the poor line play

Blackspider214

Reaction score
We have "belonged" forever now. That isn't the issue of this team. The issue is we can't seem to take the next step necessary to show we can make a deep playoff run. I don't see that changing this year. We might beat a crappy NFC South team again in the wild card round but will fizzle out when we have to play the Eagles or Niners in the divisional round.

Yesterday showed me the same ol same ol. This team can't get past making mental mistakes. Dumb, costly penalties. Questionable coaching decisions. 3 fumbles on the ground, none of them recovered. That sums up this defense. Can't make those plays against the good teams. It saves all its turnovers against junk teams i.e. Giants, Jets, Patriots and Rams. Nothing at all against SF and Philly.

Also, this OL isn't good. It's been a decline year after year. We extended Steele to a 5 year, about $90mill deal and he is terrible. He is on the level of Chaz Green. Slow, weak and lost. Another front office blunder.

The cycle of mediocrity continues.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Its the oline..its always been the oline. Their weapons would be fine if they had Phillys oline. jerry in all his bumpkin wisdom thought a guy coming off an MCL and a guy who physically is 74 years old did not require a quality alternative... brilliant.

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
ctP1DG94r5uwlqy.jpg
Yes. How wonderful. Kudos all around. When will the ceremony be to hang the commemorative loss banner from AT and T’s rafters? In the meantime trophies for all the players and staff.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
For me-we didn't prove nothing. I expected them to go into Philly and win. They didn't. What we proved is once again-we can't win when needed against upper teams. We haven't beat a team with a winning record yet:facepalm: Sink that in as to what they proved.They don't give out trophies for "ALMOST".....

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Hope you enjoy your moral victory and participation ribbon. I know it's a silly thought with some, but I actually prefer winning games, not just participating. Weird, huh?
So do I so quit with you lies. It’s unbecoming. Oh by the way, you hate winning because you disappear afterwards. You love losing so you can pound your little ET chest.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
Yesterday was pretty much like a boxing match. Dallas traded punches with Philly and ended up getting TKO’d. Welp, onto round two.

gmb1

Reaction score
We say this every year. Oh they are close. We were close against San Fran last year. This team is the loveable losers.

CCBoy

Reaction score
This loss was big. But still a long way to go. This team, and been this way for years. Can't get out of their own way to get over the hump.

It is like that train from grade school...I think I can, I think I can.....but in this case they can't. Yet.

They will pretty much need to win out now, and have the Eagles lose 2 more games, plus our next game with them later on.

Right now we are looking at the 6th seed. Detroit is the 2nd seed, we would play there. However as we know all that can change in the next few weeks.

I just want to get to next game now. At least I have a lot of stuff to do this week, so won't be looking at too much sports crap on TV.
The ice got thinner and the Cowboys can't afford much as to sliding down in the NFC...simple as that. They still, despite showing some progress, can't beat strong teams yet. On either side of the ball. Those teams who are stronger make it to the playoffs. The playoffs are sometimes won by December strong teams. They haven't won a view as a strong team on either side of the ball, but against mid ranking teams.

I don't like their arrival point, and don't think they make the transition as complicated as they already are for their types momentums at present. There is only so much actual luck in a single season.

Bing

Reaction score
Well there is not an asterisk next to the loss in the standings saying it was close. It dosen't matter if it's by 5 to the Eagles or 32 to the 49ers it's still a loss in the standings either way. All you can do is put it behind you and move on to the next game.

You can say we are a high mid tier or low top tier team (whatever makes you feel better) which was not going to change no matter if we won or lost last night. We are who we are, there are fans that try and make us better then we really are while others try and drag us down a few notches but you can't change the facts.

We are not a Super Bowl style team and most likely never will be again unless something drastically changes in the front office or ownership. Our peak over the past quarter century has been making it to the playoffs. A single win in the playoffs is considered an over achievement for that year.

Either you find another team to follow or you except the facts because every year it's going to be the same plus or minus a few wins.

Last edited: