The Cowboys showing signs of Improvement

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If your last paragraph is true, then you'd have to ignore the fact that a high number of France's players were forced to play on the tag. Honestly, all signs point toward France not being willing to negotiate.

I don't agree that it makes sense. When Jones n co. cratered, it was for a deal that was in the middle. France wouldn't even talk to them.

And a top 5 QB deal was offered.
I don't know what was offered in the guarantee because that's all that matters.

As far as negotiate, we don't know what transpired between them but one of the most effective tools in negotiation is silence.

I haven't seen if Prescott has made an agent change so that will be interesting.

I don't think this negotiation can be compared to any others done with QB's because those other teams didn't do contracts to make their DE, RB, WR in the top 3 paid and LB in the top 6 before wrapping up the centerpiece. And the Joneses are so inept they're the only franchise to lay it on their QB to help them build a team and manage the cap. No other team has ever even approached that stupidity. It is not the job of any player to help them manage the cap, they've screwed that up all on their own.

starfan1

Reaction score
Yep I’m worried.. People think they may have emptied the bucket yesterday and I hope that’s the case but they were fighting hard to win that game and for what?

You can’t go back to Dennucci now either but I would and I’d make him play Lefty as well.
:facepalm:

kskboys

Reaction score
I don't know what was offered in the guarantee because that's all that matters.

As far as negotiate, we don't know what transpired between them but one of the most effective tools in negotiation is silence.

I haven't seen if Prescott has made an agent change so that will be interesting.

I don't think this negotiation can be compared to any others done with QB's because those other teams didn't do contracts to make their DE, RB, WR in the top 3 paid and LB in the top 6 before wrapping up the centerpiece. And the Joneses are so inept they're the only franchise to lay it on their QB to help them build a team and manage the cap. No other team has ever even approached that stupidity. It is not the job of any player to help them manage the cap, they've screwed that up all on their own.
Players are asked to help teams manage the cap all the time by spreading out their salaries. It is part of their job.

In this case, the "silence" tool failed w/ flying colors.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
There are no such thing as a “moral victory” in the NFL. But despite losing the last two weeks, the Cowboys have shown signs of life. We’ve seen both an uptick in effort and performance, and although we didn’t win either game, the improvements are visible.

Look at the ways the Cowboys have improved:
  • Despite losing 4 straight since Dak went down, the effort has actually started to improve rather than decline. The Cowboys were written off yesterday before the game even started, but the players didn’t act like it.
  • It appears Mike Mac and his staff are starting to get through to the players. The team looked like they were on the same page in all three phases of the game.
  • Young players are emerging- How about Neville Gallimore yesterday? What a game he had. Cedee Lamb continues to shine (despite one bad TO), Tony Pollard showed flashes in the run game against one of the best defenses in the league, Diggs continues to improve, LVE had an excellent game.
  • The defense has stopped bleeding and is actually performing- The defense looked competitive the last two weeks. LVE has returned to his 2018 form, and some of the youngsters like Diggs and Gallimore are having impact. DLaw and Randy Gregory are starting to look impactful. The defense still has a long way to go. But it’s clearly improving.
  • Special Teams have greatly improved- what a difference from the last few years.That fun punt return was such a refreshing, fun play. The kick coverage teams are clearly better. Zuerline’s accuracy is refreshing. All good signs.
One area we MUST improve- Turnovers. We lost the TO battle 2-0 again yesterday. That was probably the difference in the game in the end.

But at least this team is fighting and improving.

Improvement over 2weeks, yes, Bob.
But, matey, I had been saying that since 1998.:(

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
That's not refusing to negotiate. France wouldn't return phone calls.

At what point? Seems to me the 4 vs 5 year sticking point was well established early. And how do we know France wouldn't return phone calls? Did France admit that?

kskboys

Reaction score
At what point? Seems to me the 4 vs 5 year sticking point was well established early. And how do we know France wouldn't return phone calls? Did France admit that?
Same way we know the sticking point was 4 or 5 years.

exciter

Reaction score
Every position there has ever been has busts and a lot of QBs are reached for out of need. Stop being scared to draft a QB.

Maybe we have sucked for 20+ years because we don’t have a Super talent at QB.

I’ll take the “crapshoot” of drafting Lawrence.
No ones afraid to draft a QB, the team already has a young franchise QB so there is no need. Picks can thus be used to fill other holes where there is a need!

HotDog37

Reaction score
They played well actually and the team was "into" the game you could see it on the sidelines. Defensive hustle and being in the right spots, tackling well, and most especially Gilbert playing well seemed to get the team (and coaches) excited. This was a case where the loss was a win.