The Cowboys were cheated more than the Colts - Where's the national outrage?

Everson24

Reaction score
The national media is going nuts! The Patriots are cheater and the Colts are the victims! The NFL is wasting no time investigating the Patriots for such a heinous act. They hope to have some answers in place before the Super Bowl.

This Deflate-Gate is getting on my nerves. The fact is both teams control their own footballs for their quarterbacks. Some like more air some like less, Some like the footballs smoother and some quarterbacks like them scuffed up some. This has probably been happening to some degree for ages. The refs are supposed o check them before each half. They probably forgot to do so. Big deal. Blount ran for 148 yards and 3 TDs and Andrew Luck threw two interceptions and Josh Cribbs lost a fumble. The Patriots were obviously the better team.

The Cowboys on the other hand is the team that really got cheated. Dean Blandino's overturn of Dez Bryant's catch that most likely would have led to a TD in a 5 point game was far more devious in my eyes. The side judge (correctly) ruled that Dez did make enough of a football move and had control until he lost the ball lunging for the goal line. It is quite obvious to me and many others around the NFL that Blandino looked for a reason to overturn the call rather than do what was right.

Where is the national media outrage? Where is the investigation? Where is everyone calling for Blandino's removal? Other than us Cowboys fans, it doesn't exist. If deflate-gate happened to us everyone would assume we deserved it because we got the calls in the Lions game. The hippocracy of the NFL and the media is maddening at times.

khiladi

Reaction score
Again, I don't know why people say the ball was just about Brady.

The weather was rainy. I'm sure part of the motivation was to get better grip to prevent fumbling by Patriots players as well. The Patriots are a running team too.

It's a clear advantage whether or not it would have benefitted the Patriots against the over-rated Colts and Luck.

khiladi

Reaction score
And it's also not just Dez, but the whole ineligible receiver nonsense the Patriots pulled against the Ravens got less time than all of these. To me, that flouted the rules completely.

Nation

Reaction score
National media and fans viewed what happened to us as karma after what happened in our advantage the week before against Detroit. There is also the matter of us having 55 minutes before that play and 4 minutes after it to win the game. Theoretically the Colts had 60 minutes of a disadvantage with illegal footballs (although I don't think those actually determined the game)

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
The media are blowing it out of proportion because otherwise the would have to talk about the pro bowl.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Have not heard anyone talk about the cowboys getting cheated....
http://i18.***BLOCKED***/albums/b133/BrAinPaiNt/what.gif

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
The deflated balls were a MAJOR advantage.

About Dean Blandino though I agree. There was very little outrage. Just the constant bs of a good ruling on a bad rule.
I will never get over that. Terrible. Absolutly the wrong call. No one, including the geniuses on here, could ever answer two simple questions.
1. How many steps would it take for the dive to not be part of the catch
2. Why were the calls in the Bengals game completly conflicting with the Dez call that was overturned not just upheld.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
The difference is that the Cowboys were robbed based on a rule that is as asinine as they come. It basically gives the media an out. They can say that it appears to have been a catch, but the rules state that it wasn't and they move on to something more sensational. Cheating is a whole other thing, there are clear cut rules in place and it appears that these rules have been broken.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
There was plenty of news coverage about the catch/non-catch, think it's past time we moved on. No amount of tears is going to change the result. Even if they change the rules, they aren't going to go back and replay the game. Its' over.

rynochop

Reaction score
Pats will just get slapped on the wrist since Goodall is buddies with Kraft.

Idk, i think they.re gonna come down pretty hard on them. They clearly altered the balls after they were inspected, a pretty blatant violation. I
think they should have multiple pics taken away. A first and second this year and a first and second next year. A fine does absolutely nothing...Kraft will pay whatever bill gets fined.

And if hear one more hack say it doesnt matter, it was 45-7, i will scream. THATS.NOT.THE.POINT!

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
The Pats are going to get slapped on the wrist because it's a stupid rule and lots of QBs alter the ball anyways.

Beyond that, Colts and casual fans alike saying that the Pats should forfeit, that their cheaters, etc. are whining over something so ridiculously inconsequential that it should be a non-story.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Many guys who've been NFL quarterbacks have said "Deflate Gate" is no big deal. Many guys who've been NFL quarterbacks say the coaches wouldn't know the balls were deflated. Many guys who've been NFL quarterbacks have said the deflated balls had minimal if any impact on the outcome.

But because it's the Patriots and because fans love to find conspiracies in everything, the issue will linger.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The difference is that the Cowboys were robbed based on a rule that is as asinine as they come. It basically gives the media an out. They can say that it appears to have been a catch, but the rules state that it wasn't and they move on to something more sensational. Cheating is a whole other thing, there are clear cut rules in place and it appears that these rules have been broken.

I agree that that is the difference.

There was a clear rules violation by the Patriots, whether we care for the rule or not, while Dallas' loss came down a judgment call that many feel the officials got right by letter of the law.

No one can say that what the Patriots did was right.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Many guys who've been NFL quarterbacks have said "Deflate Gate" is no big deal. Many guys who've been NFL quarterbacks say the coaches wouldn't know the balls were deflated. Many guys who've been NFL quarterbacks have said the deflated balls had minimal if any impact on the outcome.

But because it's the Patriots and because fans love to find conspiracies in everything, the issue will linger.

They can say those things, but the fact is that the rules were broken. It doesn't matter if it happened before and went unnoticed and it doesn't matter if it had minimal impact.

If the rules say you've got to adhere to a certain standard and your team doesn't, then you've cheated. Now, if that standard isn't important, then the league needs to drop it.

Everson24

Reaction score

The thing is we were not cheated by the rule. We were cheated by Blandino and his goons. The easy and most logical call was to leave the call a catch and down by contact as was called on the field. Blandino had ZERO conclusive evidence to overturn it. And when he did overturn it he violated replay rule policy. That is why it should be considered a bigger crime that deflate-gate. Yet no investigation is underway as to why he did it. He should have been fired on Monday for his lying and changing his story over and over. He is extremely dirty.

locked&loaded

Reaction score
Get over it. You're embarrassing yourself. We lost. Deal with it.

Don't get over it. It is prudent we continually bad mouth the NFL on this terrible ruling for posterity sake. They clearly have no idea what a catch is and if we let this go away we may have only ourselves to blame when it happens again.

Week 7 Dez catch vs Giants , exact same route, throw, catch, ruled a td
Week 19 Dez catch vs Pack, same route, throw catch and extension as week 7, not ruled a catch.

I want Blandino to stand up and explain the difference or face the consequences of torch and pitch fork.

EST_1986

Reaction score
National media and fans viewed what happened to us as karma after what happened in our advantage the week before against Detroit. There is also the matter of us having 55 minutes before that play and 4 minutes after it to win the game. Theoretically the Colts had 60 minutes of a disadvantage with illegal footballs (although I don't think those actually determined the game)

Colts had a half of disadvantage, then gave up 28 unanswered points in the 2nd half with normal balls.