The Cowboys were put to shame on draft day - do not eat before reading …

XXLMike

Reaction score
I heard them on Broadus interview last year and he turned me off as someone who didn’t get it and there’s only confirms my suspicions.

He’s another Jerry payroll, puppet

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I heard them on Broadus interview last year and he turned me off as someone who didn’t get it and there’s only confirms my suspicions.

He's a fraud because he doesn't draft based on RAS? Huh?

Did you look at the chart? You notice how most of the teams at top suck except Philly lol?

I swear most of y'all are uniformed Eagles fans....have to be. You heard him in a interview and it "confirms" your suspicions. You didn't like the guy to begin with. The mods should lock this thread up for offering nothing of substance.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
McClay has done very little to nothing imo. But we all know why he is there and Jerry loves that.
Since he's come here he's brought stability and positive draft results. Better than most. So I'm confused where this hatred is coming from. Y'all really mad because he doesn't follow your stupid board that no one should because it has no substance when you guys don't even know what you're watching.

Creeper

Reaction score
Before I obsess over yet another metric, is there a study correlating RAS to performance in the NFL? I am not going to suggest that athleticism is not important for athletes but I am curious to see just how predictive this metric is.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yes, I'm sure Jerry said "don't take good athletes."

This is just skewed by the Vaughn pick. The Cowboys have always been as interested in athletes (Sparq, RAS) as anyone else .
They literally take defensive guys based on verticals....San Fran does too not sure why they both are that low but there's a reason for it I'm sure. Well, San Fran didn't have top picks that's probably where they are there.

phildadon86

Reaction score

Some people need to think before they post.

The reason that graph has us so low is one because mazi was an NA on the RAS. And two because Vaughan is 5’5.

Give your head a shake

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Before I obsess over yet another metric, is there a study correlating RAS to performance in the NFL? I am not going to suggest that athleticism is not important for athletes but I am curious to see just how predictive this metric is.
Not at all. Not all the freak athlete busts I've seen.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
They literally take defensive guys based on verticals....San Fran does too not sure why they both are that low but there's a reason for it I'm sure. Well, San Fran didn't have top picks that's probably where they are there.
The Cowboys number is low for a couple of reasons. Mazi didn't qualify, Fehoko is graded as an Edge instead of a DT, and Vaughn has an afwul score. Other than Vaughn, they still drafted athletes with every pick.

Mazi Smith: n/a
Luke Schoonmaker: 9.86
DeMarvion Overshown: 8.18
Junior Fehoko: 5.34
Asim Richards: 7.48
Deuce Vaughn: 4.32

If you give Mazi a 9 and and grade Fehoko as a DT (7.95) the numbers are very different. That's an average of 7.79, which is middle of the pack.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
2022 Draft
Tyler Smith: 8.76
Sam Williiams: 9.72
Jalen Tolbert: 8.62
Jake Ferguson: 6.78
Matt Waletzko: 9.96
DaRon Bland: 8.17
Damone Clark: 9.87
John Ridgeway: 4.68
Devin Harper: 9.51

Average: 8.45
Coitus Interruptus on those numbers

7 out of 9 picks are still with the team

Some post are just plain old STUPID

HungryLion

Reaction score
So, a couple things.

1. Mazi’s RAS isn’t included which is almost 10.

2. There were only what 7-8 draft picks? taking the average from a population of 7-8 is useless, particularly when there is one or two outliers like Fehoko and Vaughn dragging the average score down.