The Cowboys were put to shame on draft day - do not eat before reading …

ghst187

Reaction score
RAS doesn’t automatically = performance
I complain about some of our picks but certainly hard to complain overall as we’ve drafted pretty well relative to most of the league. Best drafting we’ve had since Jimmy Johnson.

fredp22

Reaction score
LOL
unless u were being sarcastic cant judge a draft choice strictly by RAS

Tom Brady had a RAS of 2.74 while Brady Quinn was 9.88.

ShortRound

Reaction score
Based on a tweet from someone with 4,400 followers?

Good luck with the thread. lol.

khiladi

Reaction score
So are the folks defending McClay and the FO no longer using then as excuses for Dak sucking?

Rayman70

Reaction score
I heard them on Broadus interview last year and he turned me off as someone who didn’t get it and there’s only confirms my suspicions.

He’s another Jerry payroll, puppet

Jets are Perennial losers. Yet they are at the 1 spot on this chart. Charts are very deceiving as are stats. Will McClay isnt the issue.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
So, we are supposed to judge the man from the 2023 draft that some people happen to be in a twist about an before the season has even starts? K.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The Cowboys number is low for a couple of reasons. Mazi didn't qualify, Fehoko is graded as an Edge instead of a DT, and Vaughn has an afwul score. Other than Vaughn, they still drafted athletes with every pick.

Mazi Smith: n/a
Luke Schoonmaker: 9.86
DeMarvion Overshown: 8.18
Junior Fehoko: 5.34
Asim Richards: 7.48
Deuce Vaughn: 4.32

If you give Mazi a 9 and and grade Fehoko as a DT (7.95) the numbers are very different. That's an average of 7.79, which is middle of the pack.

here is an idea, can we stop reinventing the wheel and just put good ball players on the field in their natural positions? Lets see what he can do at edge before we deem him unfit for that. Jeesh. My hunch is, the kid will play well no matter where he is. Get the best 11 on the field.

vicjagger

Reaction score
The Cowboys number is low for a couple of reasons. Mazi didn't qualify, Fehoko is graded as an Edge instead of a DT, and Vaughn has an afwul score. Other than Vaughn, they still drafted athletes with every pick.

Mazi Smith: n/a
Luke Schoonmaker: 9.86
DeMarvion Overshown: 8.18
Junior Fehoko: 5.34
Asim Richards: 7.48
Deuce Vaughn: 4.32

If you give Mazi a 9 and and grade Fehoko as a DT (7.95) the numbers are very different. That's an average of 7.79, which is middle of the pack.

Based upon Schoonmaker's and Vaughn's scores there is obviously an inverse relationship between RAS & productivity. So the Cowboys are right where they want to be.

You may close this thread now.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
I heard them on Broadus interview last year and he turned me off as someone who didn’t get it and there’s only confirms my suspicions.

He’s another Jerry payroll, puppet

Everyone knows the 3 year Rule on draft pick evaluations. This has already been answered. Will McClay is a well respected personnel evaluator and scouting organizer. To say something different is either bizarre or asinine.