The Cowboyszone team ...

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Zaxor said:
I wish I could do the same I seem to always open it and put my foot in it

...I am listening to my Ernest Tubb collection... so that might help

Everytime I open mine a fork is going in it. I have that dreaded fork to mouth disease :D

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Everytime I open mine a fork is going in it. I have that dreaded fork to mouth disease :D

Sadly I have know that disease also

the dreadful dunlap disease...

where the belly dunlaps over the belt

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Oh, I almost forgot... the cheerleader role goes to Avery just because I think it would be funny as hell to see a bunch of stormtroopers humping in unison on the sidelines.

78989935_l.gif
78989935_l.gif
78989935_l.gif
78989935_l.gif
78989935_l.gif

78989935_l.gif
78989935_l.gif
78989935_l.gif
78989935_l.gif
78989935_l.gif

Post of the day for me TB. Extremely funny!

Also, thanks for giving me some playing time. For a minute, I thought I might was destined for the CFL.

LOL

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Safety - In the spirit of Charlie Waters and Cliff Harris, I need a safety duo who are best buds, do everything in and away from the forum, and knows what the other is thinking. So I can't think of a better couple than Juke and Michael Winicki. Being that at least one of them lives close to Massachusetts and all, I'm sure there will be rumors, but our excellent PR department will hush it up.

Your entire roster is quite hysterical...but, well thought out too.

Regarding "The Even Couple" Winicki and me...yeah, I know what he's thinking all the time..for instance, the first time the opposition's TE catches a pass over the middle, Winky will be looking to drop back into deep deep coverage in order to avoid contact.

With that in mind, I think we want to avoid making him the free safety because when the going gets tough, he'll interpret that as, free to go to the concession stand for a hotdog (or more likely a fish stick)... free to hide in the runway if anyone on the other team is bigger than the average Ukranian place kicker... :D

Actually, I'd be honored to play next to MW...I think it would do alot for international relations between us and Canada.

Let's lay some serious whup *** on 'em MW.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
We need to swap position because I'll never play the "left" ;)

We're gonna have to talk to the GM... it would actually make some sense to move me to LT-- I may not BE the Hotel (Flozell), but I work at one...

silverbear

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Excellent. I'm sure I'll excel at TE. The story of my sporting life, from larva to high school, has always been to play at a position where the slow white guys can make it! :D

Here's my roster, based on how people post:

Quarterback - I want a veteran, someone who's seen a lot, and usually stays cool under pressure, and isn't afraid to admit when he's made mistakes, so I'm picking Silverbear.

Oh yeah, I'm just LEGENDARY for always staying calm and even-tempered...

ROTFLMAO...

But hey, when did I ever make a mistake?? :D

silverbear

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
When I was in college, I worked at a restaurant where we once decided to get everyone together (we were all in our early to late 20's) and play a game of tackle football (without pads!) against the other big restaurant in the area. Well, we got enough people to play, but after the game was over, I think we had lost two people to concussions, one guy broke his ribs being tackled while making a catch, and I think someone else was taken out with a broken bone.

Heck, that ain't NUTHIN'... I got myself into a pickup, tackle game with some friends of my cousin when I was visiting the family in suburban DC, over at the local high school field...

On this one play, I fielded a punt near the right sideline, and started up the sideline just as fast as my stubby little legs would carry me... just about the time I was clear, and thought I had a chance to take it all the way (which surprised the bejesus out of me), I got SERIOUSLY clotheslined, by some guy I didn't know... being a tough guy, of course I bounced right back up, and sometime later in the game I managed to get a retaliatory cheap shot in on him a split second after he caught a pass in the end zone...

Well, I woke up the next morning and I couldn't turn my head more than an inch or two in either direction... I thought I was just suffering from a classic case of whiplash, and in a day or two I began to get a little range of motion back... in 2 or 3 weeks, I'd forgotten all about it...

I was 21 back then... now, we fast forward 26 years, and a somewhat grayer Bear suddenly got this WICKED headache, near the back of his skull... just a pounding type headache, and aspirin wouldn't touch it... after about 3 days, with no relief at all, I figured this wasn't normal, and took myself to the emergency room...

They gave me a full head and neck series of X-rays, and it turned out that one of my big neck cords had gone into spasm, and just wouldn't release... they injected me with some sort of muscle relaxant, and gave me a scrip for some more... and in a day or two, I was feeling better...

But what I remember most from that incident is the lady ER doctor walking into my cubicle, X-rays in hand, saying "Mr. Cottrill, when did you break your neck??"

Being the articulate individual I am, of course my response was an intellectual "huh??"

"Oh yes, the X-rays show a nicely healed fracture right here", and she showed it to me... it took me some weeks to figure out that I must have gotten that fracture in that pickup game, it's the ONLY time I've ever hurt my neck...

I just can't figure out if it takes a real man, or a real fool, to walk around with a broken neck without seeking medical attention, LOL...

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Cornerback - I want some confident vets who won't get flustered after giving up the big play. They've got to be able to think on their feet, concentrate so much that even with less than a thousand posts, everyone still appreciates their responses, so I think Chief, Dale and Danny White get the start over there.
Wow! That is some distinguished company you've put me with. I'm truly honored to be in the same backfield.

I'll happily be the nickel-back to those two all-stars. :D

I think you'd make a good QB, TruBlue. After all, wasn't Hank Hill All-State back in high school?

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Fine!
Nobody wants to be on your stupid team anyway. It's stupid!
I'm gonna make my own team! And you can't be on it. You'll see. You're all gonna be sorry! Sorry I tell ya!

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cbz40 said:
....thought as a change of pace I would keep my mouth shut for a while. :)

Never thought it possible.

;)

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
DallasEast said:
This one's for Juke and MW ;) :

Sound link

Can you just hear the crowd roar....as Winicki and I burst through the pyrotechnics as this song is blaring over the loudspeaker system at the stadium...

:p:

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
silverbear said:
Heck, that ain't NUTHIN'... I got myself into a pickup, tackle game with some friends of my cousin when I was visiting the family in suburban DC, over at the local high school field...

On this one play, I fielded a punt near the right sideline, and started up the sideline just as fast as my stubby little legs would carry me... just about the time I was clear, and thought I had a chance to take it all the way (which surprised the bejesus out of me), I got SERIOUSLY clotheslined, by some guy I didn't know... being a tough guy, of course I bounced right back up, and sometime later in the game I managed to get a retaliatory cheap shot in on him a split second after he caught a pass in the end zone...

Well, I woke up the next morning and I couldn't turn my head more than an inch or two in either direction... I thought I was just suffering from a classic case of whiplash, and in a day or two I began to get a little range of motion back... in 2 or 3 weeks, I'd forgotten all about it...

I was 21 back then... now, we fast forward 26 years, and a somewhat grayer Bear suddenly got this WICKED headache, near the back of his skull... just a pounding type headache, and aspirin wouldn't touch it... after about 3 days, with no relief at all, I figured this wasn't normal, and took myself to the emergency room...

They gave me a full head and neck series of X-rays, and it turned out that one of my big neck cords had gone into spasm, and just wouldn't release... they injected me with some sort of muscle relaxant, and gave me a scrip for some more... and in a day or two, I was feeling better...

But what I remember most from that incident is the lady ER doctor walking into my cubicle, X-rays in hand, saying "Mr. Cottrill, when did you break your neck??"

Being the articulate individual I am, of course my response was an intellectual "huh??"

"Oh yes, the X-rays show a nicely healed fracture right here", and she showed it to me... it took me some weeks to figure out that I must have gotten that fracture in that pickup game, it's the ONLY time I've ever hurt my neck...

I just can't figure out if it takes a real man, or a real fool, to walk around with a broken neck without seeking medical attention, LOL...

The same thing happened to me! We were playing and a kickoff was short so I caught it and took off running. My best friend from childhood came flying in from the side and tackled me around the ankles. I hit the ground on my shoulder and felt a jolt of intense pain.

I figured I had dislocated my shoulder again (which would have been the 5th time for that side) so I had him pull on my arm to put it back in place. The paid was incredible! I kept playing but everytime I blocked someone I would feel that intense pain again.

I didn't think mch about it and went to work on Monday. It took a while and I had to deal with a lot of pain (I was a delivery driver back then and had to lift stuff all day long). It took a lot longer to heal then my other dislocations had but I never did go to the doctor for it.

Several years later I was seeing a chiroprator about my back. He asked me to list all of the injuries I had suffered (a very long list!) then he examined me and took x-rays. He was looking in my eyes and asked why I hadn't listed a broken collarbone amongst my injuries. I told him that I had never broken my collarbone. When he x-rayed it you could see where it had been broken, that's when I remembered that game and the supposed dislocated shoulder.

He was amazed and asked how in the world I could not know I had broken it because it had been a clean break and not just a fracture. After I told him that I thought it was dislocated and had actually had someone pull on my arm to put it back in place he just shook his head and said "football players".

He did say that having the guy pull on my arm probably did set the bone but not perfectly.

Looks like you & I are about the same age Silverbear as I will be 47 next month. I would have loved to play with you back in the day. No pads, no helmets, just "football players".

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
silverbear said:
Oh yeah, I'm just LEGENDARY for always staying calm and even-tempered...

ROTFLMAO...

But hey, when did I ever make a mistake?? :D

You just gave off that grizzled ol' QB aura, a Troy Aikman feel. I don't know what it is. ~~shrug~~ :p: It was either you or Hostile, but I thought Hos would work better at fullback because we need a Moose in there who can play for years with no significant injuries and is always consistent, and I figured the man with 10,000 posts, many of them solid writing, would be the best one for the job! ;)

Hey, if for some reason Yeager knocks you out for the starting job, we can always put you in charge of the scouting department seeing as how you may be the one person I've read more custom college scouting reports from. :cool:

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
Fine!
Nobody wants to be on your stupid team anyway. It's stupid!
I'm gonna make my own team! And you can't be on it. You'll see. You're all gonna be sorry! Sorry I tell ya!
There is still a 3,000 + post guy waiting in the wings at OLB....we'll kick their arses :). J/k, we won't hurt em, just humiliate em. Hell, let the desperate iggle on too. Maybe he will bore them to death with his longwinded posts on any and every subject.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Can you just hear the crowd roar....as Winicki and I burst through the pyrotechnics as this song is blaring over the loudspeaker system at the stadium...

:p:

With laughter as you trip over each other and face plant.:D

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Tio said:
There is still a 3,000 + post guy waiting in the wings at OLB.....

Well, you're still underage Tio, so you can't play with the big kids unless you get a note from your parents. :banghead:

But since TBC made me the OC, I am offering you the RB coach job, based on all the savvy posting you did last year on the run game issue, and your up-front early support of Julius Jones.

I want ravidubey for the passing game coordinator; he appreciates a wide open O. But he ain't getting Joey back.

Chocolate Lab I trust to coach the oline. He's always passionate on that subject and he'd be the perfect coach to give Gurode that one last chance. Heh heh. Plus he's one of the few who could handle LA. Parcellswaterboy would be great at that job too, but for now he'll just have to settle for being, well, Parcellswaterboy.

Bufford/Wheat, a Skins fan, gets to coach tight ends. That's so he can go back to Extremeskins and tell them compared to Witten, Chris Cooley is Don Knotts.

Ad is my assistant OC/quality control. You want an engineer in that position nit-picking everything that's wrong, could be wrong, why it's wrong, and what could happen if it wasn't wrong. Or not.

I asked Nors to be the QB coach, but he said he'd rather be Romo's caddy. Plus he figures if Sam Wyche last season couldn't do anything with Bledsoe....err, Nors doesn't want his career killed just yet.

So I will ask TH if he will take on that task. He's got his still photos to work off, and at least I can trust him to develop ALL the QBs.