The Cowboyszone team ...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
THUMPER said:
Flag? How about we play a real game of tackle? I'm too slow to play flag these days but I can still bring the lumber on defense and they don't call me "The Freight Train" for nothing when I have the ball.

I have played just about every position on the field at one time or another but I prefer to play LB and Center. I have a good arm and can play QB if aren't playing flag. I can't get away from the pass rush very well if all they have to do is pull my flags but if they have to try and bring me down... well that's a different story. :strongarm

I can't get the pansy-yuppies around here (where I live) to play tackle anymore. They are all worried about getting hurt. Bunch of wimps! :eekmouse:
As long as me and Adbutcher are on the same team you bet. ;)

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear said:
Hardest laugh I've had in weeks... but I do find one thing puzzling, I would have NEVER guessed you'd put me on the RIGHT...

I never thought of myself as the Erik Williams of this board... LOL...

Spite. ;)

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
good post

any one of you guys demand more cash ,trade,or just want to hold out to relax with ur boys( for a while until camp is over) then I am your agent
let me know

even if u already have a long contract and have an agent no problem just come over I will make you richer . in my eyes you are worth more then what ur currnet team is giving u your the best but sadly unappreciated

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
You folks are forgetting thee most important position on the team. This position could guarantee a 12-4,13-3 season and several playoff victories.
As of now I'm volunteering my services as Referee. Head Ref. The big Cahuna. Instant replay master. Penalty over-ruler Meiser. "The Ref-inator".
I will call several "breaks" during the game for our more senior players and ban all half time activities involving dancing or anything of the fluff variety. Cheerleaders noise will be kept at a minimum and opposing fans will be flagged often for....whatever.
The Mascots will remove their Unis for all to see "just who is that jacka** in the costume".
I got tons of other stuff.
icon10.gif

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Oh, I almost forgot... the cheerleader role goes to Avery just because I think it would be funny as hell to see a bunch of stormtroopers humping in unison on the sidelines.

78989935_l.gif
78989935_l.gif
78989935_l.gif
78989935_l.gif
78989935_l.gif

78989935_l.gif
78989935_l.gif
78989935_l.gif
78989935_l.gif
78989935_l.gif

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Excellent. I'm sure I'll excel at TE. The story of my sporting life, from larva to high school, has always been to play at a position where the slow white guys can make it! :D

Here's my roster, based on how people post:

Quarterback - I want a veteran, someone who's seen a lot, and usually stays cool under pressure, and isn't afraid to admit when he's made mistakes, so I'm picking Silverbear. I also need one of those joke-cracking calm Don Meredith types on the bench to keep everyone cool, so Yaegermeister gets the backup nod.

Wide Receiver - I want some showboats. Some guys who yell "give me the damn ball" or "I told ya so" and aren't afraid to flamebait and get the defense fluttered. So obviously, my main go to man will be Nors. Backing him up will be BadAttitude, as soon his two-year suspension is lifted. I need a solid possession receiver too, someone who will always run the right routes and stick with the team concept so Mick Green is going in. At tightend I want a lunchpail kind of guy. Just one of the fellas, a Dan Campbell type, not afraid to get down and dirty, so I'm going with Brainpaint.

Running Backs - All I want running the ball is someone who is a quick poster, who can put on some fast moves and sum up his point with one emoticon or a few words, and burst through the hole. So Jacs is my man. At fullback, I want a veteran who will always pick up his blocking assignment. Someone who is dependable and tough when he needs to be so I'm signing up Hostile. I'll also need a Walt Garrison type in the locker room. A light-hearted fella with a sense of humor who always is cool with everyone so Fletch with his Fletch avatar gets the nod as the eternally slow back-up white running back.

Offensive Line - I want some fighers, some nasty tough forumites who stick to their beliefs, are not afraid to post anything or stay politically correct, so for linemen, I'm going for these folks to be the hogs up front and take out the opposition. - Ben n Austin, Inmanroshi, Blind Zebra, Cajun, Trick Blue, Hollywood Henderson and Princess.

Defensive Line - I need some tough mofos who don't try and be cute and say what they mean. Adbutcher and Big Dog Cowboy come to mind.

Linebackers - I want the folks who mix in well with everyone. They're all hybrids. Too big to be defensive backs, to small to be defensive linemen, yet very dependable and smart players. I need Jterrel, Woody's Girl, Crown Royal, Duane, Skaven and ABQCowboy. I'm also throwing in Wheat in special pass rush situations being as he's a situational kind of poster (politics and Commanders) here in the Zone.

Cornerback - I want some confident vets who won't get flustered after giving up the big play. They've got to be able to think on their feet, concentrate so much that even with less than a thousand posts, everyone still appreciates their responses, so I think Chief, Dale and Danny White get the start over there.

Safety - In the spirit of Charlie Waters and Cliff Harris, I need a safety duo who are best buds, do everything in and away from the forum, and knows what the other is thinking. So I can't think of a better couple than Juke and Michael Winicki. Being that at least one of them lives close to Massachusetts and all, I'm sure there will be rumors, but our excellent PR department will hush it up.

PR - Speaking of PR, I can't think of a better man than Calico. Dude will have downloadable highlights the second after every game is over.

Offensive Coordinator - I'm drafting LaTuna for this spot because I get the feeling that even if we run a system she's not used to, she'll do more research and watch more game film (with the exception of Adam) to get it right. LaTuan is going to grind out 10,000 page playbooks that scare all the rookies!

Defensive Coordinator - Seeing as how CBZ was the only forumite alive when football first considered becoming a passing-oriented offense, he gets the seniority nod. Nothing will fool CBZ. I'm sure that often we will hear from the box, "Aw hell, I saw this #*$# in '62!"

Head Coach - I'm going with Jobberone because I think he used to have a Vince Lombardi avatar and it always stuck out to me, and I consider it good luck to have a coach with an avatar of the man they named the trophy after.

GM - I don't have to think twice. Adam gets the nod. I'll never lose any draft picks because of free agency problems. Adam will also give me the lowdown on the forumites who have underrated stats, such as poster with less than 500 posts, most likely to be quoted in a thread. Yep, I can't lose with Adam making the personnel moves.

Owner - Why, who else? The board administrator and maybe the only guy with ol' Jerry Jones as his avatar - Reality! :)

Everyone else is invited for tryouts because we've got plenty of spots to fill up and I can't go through enough threads to remember all the great posters who make this website a fun place to read.

:bravo:

Now this is what I'm talking about! This is why you're on my team! Very well put together and looks to be a very competitive group!

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
thats7 said:
You folks are forgetting thee most important position on the team. This position could guarantee a 12-4,13-3 season and several playoff victories.
As of now I'm volunteering my services as Referee. Head Ref. The big Cahuna. Instant replay master. Penalty over-ruler Meiser. "The Ref-inator".
I will call several "breaks" during the game for our more senior players and ban all half time activities involving dancing or anything of the fluff variety. Cheerleaders noise will be kept at a minimum and opposing fans will be flagged often for....whatever.
The Mascots will remove their Unis for all to see "just who is that jacka** in the costume".
I got tons of other stuff.
icon10.gif

:laugh2:

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Ok that does it I'm getting a new Agent...eight pages and I didn't even get on the Practice squad...And I'm a great FS too.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
JackMagist said:
Ok that does it I'm getting a new Agent...eight pages and I didn't even get on the Practice squad...And I'm a great FS too.

You sound like the perfect Rosenhaus player ;)

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
You sound like the perfect Rosenhaus player ;)
Nah I don't have a contract that I want reworked. I need a working agent to get me a contract first...THEN I can hire Rosenhaus to renegotiate. :cool:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Phoenix-Talon said:
Besides, I'd just "hold-out" for a better contract anyway!;)
Well, your holdout stands a better chance of success outside a Philly board anyway. :rolleyes:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Phoenix-Talon said:
Listen, that was just an observation -- never said that AJM, Tobias Eagle or I wanted to be considered for the odd-squad. Just an observation! The "frown-face" was sad that so of you may have considered mentioning one of us, but you're afraid of the repercussions from others.
Dem's fighting words mister! I ain't afraid of no **** tackling dummy!!! :mad:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
JackMagist said:
Nah I don't have a contract that I want reworked. I need a working agent to get me a contract first...THEN I can hire Rosenhaus to renegotiate. :cool:
TO's old agent is looking for clients:D

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Excellent. I'm sure I'll excel at TE. The story of my sporting life, from larva to high school, has always been to play at a position where the slow white guys can make it! :D

Here's my roster, based on how people post:

Quarterback - I want a veteran, someone who's seen a lot, and usually stays cool under pressure, and isn't afraid to admit when he's made mistakes, so I'm picking Silverbear. I also need one of those joke-cracking calm Don Meredith types on the bench to keep everyone cool, so Yaegermeister gets the backup nod.

Wide Receiver - I want some showboats. Some guys who yell "give me the damn ball" or "I told ya so" and aren't afraid to flamebait and get the defense fluttered. So obviously, my main go to man will be Nors. Backing him up will be BadAttitude, as soon his two-year suspension is lifted. I need a solid possession receiver too, someone who will always run the right routes and stick with the team concept so Mick Green is going in. At tightend I want a lunchpail kind of guy. Just one of the fellas, a Dan Campbell type, not afraid to get down and dirty, so I'm going with Brainpaint.

Running Backs - All I want running the ball is someone who is a quick poster, who can put on some fast moves and sum up his point with one emoticon or a few words, and burst through the hole. So Jacs is my man. At fullback, I want a veteran who will always pick up his blocking assignment. Someone who is dependable and tough when he needs to be so I'm signing up Hostile. I'll also need a Walt Garrison type in the locker room. A light-hearted fella with a sense of humor who always is cool with everyone so Fletch with his Fletch avatar gets the nod as the eternally slow back-up white running back.

Offensive Line - I want some fighers, some nasty tough forumites who stick to their beliefs, are not afraid to post anything or stay politically correct, so for linemen, I'm going for these folks to be the hogs up front and take out the opposition. - Ben n Austin, Inmanroshi, Blind Zebra, Cajun, Trick Blue, Hollywood Henderson and Princess.

Defensive Line - I need some tough mofos who don't try and be cute and say what they mean. Adbutcher and Big Dog Cowboy come to mind.

Linebackers - I want the folks who mix in well with everyone. They're all hybrids. Too big to be defensive backs, to small to be defensive linemen, yet very dependable and smart players. I need Jterrel, Woody's Girl, Crown Royal, Duane, Skaven and ABQCowboy. I'm also throwing in Wheat in special pass rush situations being as he's a situational kind of poster (politics and Commanders) here in the Zone.

Cornerback - I want some confident vets who won't get flustered after giving up the big play. They've got to be able to think on their feet, concentrate so much that even with less than a thousand posts, everyone still appreciates their responses, so I think Chief, Dale and Danny White get the start over there.

Safety - In the spirit of Charlie Waters and Cliff Harris, I need a safety duo who are best buds, do everything in and away from the forum, and knows what the other is thinking. So I can't think of a better couple than Juke and Michael Winicki. Being that at least one of them lives close to Massachusetts and all, I'm sure there will be rumors, but our excellent PR department will hush it up.

PR - Speaking of PR, I can't think of a better man than Calico. Dude will have downloadable highlights the second after every game is over.

Offensive Coordinator - I'm drafting LaTuna for this spot because I get the feeling that even if we run a system she's not used to, she'll do more research and watch more game film (with the exception of Adam) to get it right. LaTuan is going to grind out 10,000 page playbooks that scare all the rookies!

Defensive Coordinator - Seeing as how CBZ was the only forumite alive when football first considered becoming a passing-oriented offense, he gets the seniority nod. Nothing will fool CBZ. I'm sure that often we will hear from the box, "Aw hell, I saw this #*$# in '62!"

Head Coach - I'm going with Jobberone because I think he used to have a Vince Lombardi avatar and it always stuck out to me, and I consider it good luck to have a coach with an avatar of the man they named the trophy after.

GM - I don't have to think twice. Adam gets the nod. I'll never lose any draft picks because of free agency problems. Adam will also give me the lowdown on the forumites who have underrated stats, such as poster with less than 500 posts, most likely to be quoted in a thread. Yep, I can't lose with Adam making the personnel moves.

Owner - Why, who else? The board administrator and maybe the only guy with ol' Jerry Jones as his avatar - Reality! :)

Everyone else is invited for tryouts because we've got plenty of spots to fill up and I can't go through enough threads to remember all the great posters who make this website a fun place to read.

I'll be more than happy to be our Defensive Coordinator ....... The D will be a treat to watch.......We will stop everything they throw at us.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
I'll be more than happy to be our Defensive Coordinator ....... The D will be a treat to watch.......We will stop everything they throw at us.

That's a ton of interceptions cb!!!!!
icon12.gif

Nice hearing from you again young man..............

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
thats7 said:
That's a ton of interceptions cb!!!!!
icon12.gif

Nice hearing from you again young man..............

Isn't it!!!! :D

I've been around ....thought as a change of pace I would keep my mouth shut for a while. :)

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
big dog cowboy said:
Yeah but that is the most unpopular guy on the team......oh wait a minute I see what you mean. :eek:

J/K with ya Mickey you know we kid because we care. :)

You bastid! :)

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
Isn't it!!!! :D

I've been around ....thought as a change of pace I would keep my mouth shut for a while. :)

I wish I could do the same I seem to always open it and put my foot in it

...I am listening to my Ernest Tubb collection... so that might help